No announcement yet.

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got this if anyone is up for a blast - I have a few of you already on my list already, but my gamer tag is "magic lord".

Good game though, has a nice solid feel to it and works well online (when your team mates ain't shooting you in the back... ) with a large variety of game modes. The fire fight mode (where you eliminate all of the bad d00dz in one map) is pretty cool with 3-4 players sneaking around and each game takes some time to play, rather than a quick deathmatch scenario. Total n00b though and I'm not that good at it, but it's good fun all the same

-edit- Valken: you gonna stick around for a game or two tonight? I noticed you joined yesterday, but then went again

Comment

Apparently the 4 GR:IT levels contained on the new Rainbow Six 3 demo disk in the US can be used online.

Im currently trying to source one of the demo disks off my mate just to try out the demo and get my hands on the extra levels. There are two more Splinter Cell levels on it as well.

As far as I know these 4 levels will soon become downloadable over XBL, probably in the next two months.

I'll let you know if the US content on the disc works on PAL machines....

Comment

Nobody playing this now then? Typical

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
          Nobody playing this now then? Typical
          I'm playing. I'm just getting used to all the commands, it's pretty complicated I "Recon.".
          Anyway add me, I'm T3H Suk! but I need more practice I suppose...

Comment

OK cool, I'll add you to my friend list. Just seemed that noone else (who claims to be playing Live...) was playing, and I must've been on there for about 2 hours last night, hosting (4/5 players, co-op) with nobody from 'ere to invite

Don't worry 'bout the controls though, they go straight out the window when you've got other people taking the place of the AI. A little disjointed at times (i.e. nobody I've played seems to get into the "team" aspects very often), but still good fun

Comment

I'm finding it a bit dull tbh, its just so slow. Having to press the white button to chat is also a royal pain.

Comment

Heheh, groovy. I was playing a deathmatch style thingy majig last night, got whooped into next week, by some mouthy 9 year old.
                *sobs*

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
                  I'm finding it a bit dull tbh, its just so slow. Having to press the white button to chat is also a royal pain.
                  Do you? Ah. That explains a lot. Well, it explains one thing, which is one more than the cheap-ass pile-of-rubbish manual does, anyway.

I've got it, but barely touched the thing, as I keep dying in co-op when NPC enemies won't die even though I'm offloading half a magazine at point blank into their face due to the amount of lag.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                    Do you? Ah. That explains a lot. Well, it explains one thing, which is one more than the cheap-ass pile-of-rubbish manual does, anyway.

I've got it, but barely touched the thing, as I keep dying in co-op when NPC enemies won't die even though I'm offloading half a magazine at point blank into their face due to the amount of lag.
                    I'll be on tonight from 6pm... But then I'm off to the pub sometime ... I look forward to sniping your sorry backsides... 8)

Comment

-edit- Valken: you gonna stick around for a game or two tonight? I noticed you joined yesterday, but then went again
                      Heh, I was trying to figure out the interface... great game but the menus are truely awful! I'll probably be playing tonight so I'll drop into a game if you're on.

I'm still somewhat n00bish though but I think the game's starting to click with me again. I'll need a wee bit of guidance with online mode though.

was playing, and I must've been on there for about 2 hours last night, hosting (4/5 players, co-op) with nobody from 'ere to invite
                      What upstream speed have you got mate? Just out of interest... I'm curious about how many people I could host safely.

Comment

Also, has anyone else found that Island Thunder takes a little longer to boot up than your average Xbox title? My machine boots everything fine and the disc is immaculate but I find myself staring at that Xbox logo a little longer than usual.

Comment

Yea, I get that too - stays there for a few good 'uns then runs fine.

I'm on NTL's 1mb, so I think that's a 256k upstream (stupid cable)? I didn't get any lag, apart from the yank who was playing, but he was mostly alright. 'cept he couldn't get off the fact that everyone else was from the UK

Comment

Enjoyed the game tonight Marklar... was tempted to give the pub a miss so I could play on but my thirst got in the way.

Hopefully you'll be online again tomorrow.

Comment

No way man, this is the best Live game because of that. Spares me from hearing what ever ****e is going on in the background.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                                Enjoyed the game tonight Marklar... was tempted to give the pub a miss so I could play on but my thirst got in the way.

Hopefully you'll be online again tomorrow.
                                Fasty right?
                                Yesterday was my first co-op game. By the time I left I was a little better!
                                Marklar and I had a go at a campaign which was quite a good laugh.
                                If you're both playing today give me a shout...

Comment

Working...
                                X