Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, that was me!

I still haven't tried campaign online so I'm up for that. Hopefully I'll be on today so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Comment

Aye, the campaign was feckin' hard (I even knocked the difficulty down a few pegs) - I love the deafness affect when standing next to artillery (I was supposed to blow it up).

Get this - there was a village that had to be secured which is the norm, but when we got there, we followed in a bunch of good guys and an allie tank. Awesome... I'll be on in a bit, gotta do some housework first

Comment

Yeah the deafness thing is brilliant, it sounds like you're underwater for a minute or two, and you can't hear your gun firing, quite surreal.
        It's pretty hard, but great fun, especially when a load of your own guys turn up to help out.
        Definately my fave online part of the game so far. The enemy AI is excellent aswell.
        We ran out of time in the end. Can the time limits be changed so you don't just get dropped out?

Comment

I'm on the last level of the campaign missions offline now... so far my favourite are the beach level, the "save the voters" stage and the one in the hills. The stages are definetely more interesting than the originals.

I'll leave my Xbox on fellas so once we're all online just send me an invite.

Comment

There's another level avaliable to download.
            Just got it tonight. "The Beach," or something. I've not had a go yet though.
            Always nice to get summat for nowt...

Comment

I'll be on tomorrow (thursday) to try the new level if you're up for it marklar and jimmie2k.

Comment

The beach is excellent... played it last night.

I also got the other four levels off the rainbow six3 companion disc from the US and I can report they work fine on a PAL machine. So in total there are six extra levels out for GR:IT already, if you can lay your hands on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                  I'll be on tomorrow (thursday) to try the new level if you're up for it marklar and jimmie2k.
                  Yup I will be around. Had a good few rounds tonight. Elite difficulty setting is ace.

I'd like to add, that I actually quite like the way you need to press the white button to talk. Originally I found it a little strange, but I agree with NeilMcRae, you can't hear all the shuffling, burping, farting and general scratching going on in the background which is great. Also when you do talk it's a bit like talking into a proper radio thingy ...

Comment

Aye, I'm up for that tonight! Anybody else wanna join our l33t-gh0st unit?!

the "save the voters" stage
                    First time I did that, I wouldn't last 30 seconds before one of my guys got killed - I just couldn't work it out. I played the campaign again yesterday and did it first time... I think I was just tired and frustrated Working through it slowly though as it usually takes an hour and a bit to do a campaign mission properly... maybe that's just me though, but I like the slow pace at which things usually unfold.

Good good

Comment

Count me in. Jimmie, Marklar, you may know me as foolife on your friends list

Comment

Heh, as if I'd miss the "hankwangford" handle

Cool, four people - that's good...

fasty - IRA, hard as nails
                        jimmie2k - "trigger, happy now?"
                        magic lord - stealthy f**k, doesn't do a lot
                        foolife - cannon fodder

... what a team!!

edit: I'll host, okay?

Comment

Apologies for the no show, chaps; my cat and my Skybox both kicked the bucket so I didn't really fancy any Recon after that Next time though? Any over the weekend?

Comment

Heh, I got some cheats - check your dossier for the stuff that hasn't been completed. You unlock stuff, kind like Goldeneye fashion.

No problem Mr. Wangford; I'm usually about, or the XBox is just switched on - invite away. Soz about your cat though...

Comment

I will be around over the weekend, we'll have to set up a few private games to avoid lag, I think Valken had a bit of a 'mare with it tonight.

Recon mode was pretty tough I thought. The new Beach level had some very sneaky Ethiopians...

Comment

Ta Marklar. It was an old scraggly thing anyway. It's time had come.

You'll have to pull me off Psyvariar to get me to play now Invite me when you see me and I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X