No announcement yet.

Worldwide F Zero GX Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i've started to submit some snaking times to the GX World Board.

::Runs for cover::

The reason i started to submit snaking times is because i was completely pissed off with all the snakers knocking me down the Leaderboard. When i first entered my Twist Road time it was a respectable non-snaking effort and i was in position 25 or so - within a couple of days i was around 250th and all the positions from 1-185 were snakers.

I want to point out though that i still think snaking is a bad for the game. Whether it was included on purpose or whether its a glitch it does spoil the game. The point is though that the World Board accepts ALL times no matter what technique is used. If you want to be competitive on that Leaderboard then you must snake. Doesn't mean i agree with it - just want some fair competition. I actually think it would be a good idea if Nintendo had separate Boards, one for people with settings of 1-50 and one for people with settings of 51-100.

As for the Leaderboard on this forum. No snaking times are accepted and i wouldn't submit any - i will of course still be submitting my non-snaking times.

Comment

I tried snaking on twist road, and pretty much failed, too tricky and I think the controller will break ( can't afford more )

So that's me finished with FZ, hope the next version will fix it.

Comment

Yep, as stated elsewhere i'm also finished with the game, at least for the forseeable future anyway.

I really wanted to get into the World Board competition, but the fact that you need to snake to be competitive has made me lose all interest in the game.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

Comment

yep, fun while it lasted.

Comment

I'll still be keeping my eye on the World Board though. Will be interesting to see where i finish at the end of the Ruby Cup (ends 16th of October i think.)

Currently 29th on Surface Slide and 27th on Loop Cross. Not bad when you consider those times were set with only 2 days of snaking practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal
              I tried snaking on twist road, and pretty much failed, too tricky and I think the controller will break ( can't afford more )

So that's me finished with FZ, hope the next version will fix it.
              As with me. Im hugely disappointed now i have taken off my rose tinted glasses. It was great when i played it daily for about 2 weeks but since then i havent been back.

Comment

Eventhough I keep saying I'll get back to F-Zero GX, I don't think I ever will. EVER.

I'll be buying the soundtrack whenever it comes along though.

Oh well. I got my ?50 + some great memories out of it anyway. My A-hole is still tingling from Story #7 on v.hard.

Can't wait for the next one - I seriously hope they don't leave any glitches in next time, it looks like this snaking is 10x more popular than any glitch in the past - I hope people aren't actually enjoying it. Or else, F-Zero could be f'cked forever. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                  I hope people aren't actually enjoying it.
                  I enjoyed it for about a day. Must admit getting a bit excited when i worked it out and started to record some really fast times.

Then the next day, wrists so painful, platinum pad wrecked, i realised it was a **** way to play the game. Even if the technique wasn't lethal to wrists and pads its still a **** way to play. Snaking, WTF. ft:

I'm like you Dave, i've got a feeling i might never go back to the game. Shame.

Comment

Working...
                  X