Amplitude Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ
    Oh, and the world with Pink etc on is HORRIBLE. Not only the tunes (Herby Hancock is nice to play too mind), but the way you can't actually see what is coming up next. The start of Pink is an nightmare as it is going over the hill, and the left most drum beat is on a tight bend, which makes it seem like it is going really fast
    Are you dissing Mekon? If so, you're dead, hon. But yes, the rollercoaster effect is incredibly distracting and the lack of a no-arena, plain vanilla background option is really foolish.

There's no real trick to doing POD (or any song, really) except repetition - if you find a good run, immediately replay it as you'll know where the track will break your streak and where you can best use a freestyler/autoblaster (if you're lucky enough to get one nearby) to keep the sequence alive. While the power-up placement is random, the game doesn't generate a new placement when you restart/replay at the end of a song like Frequency does.

Comment

Mekon is alright. I didn't like the song in the first place, but it is good to play.

Regarding Freestylers - when is it best to use them? At the moment I only activate them when I mess up a bar (same with the Autocapture) to keep the combo going. Doesn't feel quite right however...

Comment

Freestylers should be saved if possible for when you see a break in the sequence coming up: say things get knocked out of sequence because of either a couple of short 1 bar captures followed by 2 bar captures when they return, or if a track switches off for a few bars because it's silent then comes back on out of sequence and you can't get to it in time - use the freestyler as it resets all tracks for 8 bars (though the last track you captured will stay away for either 10 or 12, can't recall exactly so if it was a track on either far left or far right, restart your sequence from the other side instead)

The other time to use it is immediately after getting a score doubler - if you pick one up then move to a track with a freestyler on it, use the doubler, grab the freestyler and you'll get massive bonuses (20x8 on insane) for the 8 bars.

Comment

Right then people, I've finally gotten round to getting hold of the game, courtesy of PeteJ. I've only had it 2 days... and I've beaten it on insane no problems! And you made me believe it was hard! .

The only score I can remember is about 6,700 on the BT track (cos BT rocks) which you can see in a video MJ is hosting .

Comment

Working...
          X