Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some random xbox player sent me a text message...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some random xbox player sent me a text message...

... I have no idea how they got my number. They said I was in their squad last night on BC2, and could we be friends?

WTF

How can someone get access to my personal info like this? I keep all of this info set to private on my Xbox profile.

It could be someone you know playing a prank on you.

It could be some real hot gamerchick.

But in all honesty, I'd find out if it IS someone you know and if not, contact Microsoft. Also check to see where people you played against are from. If it's a UK number then that obviously rules out someone from overseas and you can at least narrow the list down.

Comment

99% sure its either a prank or some friend of a friend and your friend is a little dodgy giving out numbers.

I don't even think you can get that info on LIVE itself. I guess they could have checked your MSN account online but normally the most it shows is your surname and an email address and maybe a rough location. The telephone number is almost always hidden or blanked out.

Comment

Did you play BC2?

Comment

Didn't Charles point out recently that MSN had 40 different places where privacy options were held. Perhaps someone did a seach of your id and found it linked to some social networking site that had the details.

Comment

It was actually 327 different settings that needed updating to make you secure.

Comment

There is a space for phone number in your live.com profile. Check it's not filled in.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                It was actually 327 different settings that needed updating to make you secure.
                Blimey!

Comment

Mystery solved. An hilarious friend of mine had got a new number and was behind the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
                    Mystery solved. An hilarious friend of mine had got a new number and was behind the whole thing.
                    Zing! What a hoot.

Comment

Working...
                    X