No announcement yet.

PS2 online versus xbox live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That may be the case with Sony and the PS3 but M$ will also be doing that with Xbox 2 and they already have the better service so that isn't an issue.

Xbox Live wins hands down in my opinion. Simply because it seems more thought out. Sony's online plans only really kicked into gear when they realised the M$ were stealing the show.

Think about it this way, Moto GP was a 'demo' online game and still is one of the best online games out there. Ghost Recon is awesome and when Toca comes out I feel it will be the same all over again. Then PGR2 will be out and I don't know many people that didn't find the first one totally addictive. Online play will add massively to the longevity of a title that will surely be as addictive, if not more so, than it's predecessor.
    Halo, probably the best FPS game I and many others have ever played is getting a bigger and better sequel, surely Halo 2 will not only shif consoles but also become one of the most played online games in history!

I've recently sold my PS2 online kit and it's few games as it just doesn't grab me the way LIVE! does. The community and the games are head and shoulders above Sony's offerings, period.

This is all IMHO of course.

Comment

I mostly agree with you, but where as Xbox live wont improve by such an amount to make our jaws drop, I do believe PS2 online can, well it has to really

I know they have retailed the PS2 online service, but there is still hordes of testing going on. I think they are just finding their feet with the whole online thing atm.

But, whatever we think about their service, at least Sony are willing to supply servers for their games. M$ are not so forthcoming in this department, but they are going to have to be - if they want the likes of Halo 2 to be a rip roaring success.

jmo

Comment

But, whatever we think about their service, at least Sony are willing to supply servers for their games. M$ are not so forthcoming in this department, but they are going to have to be - if they want the likes of Halo 2 to be a rip roaring success.
        Nah, I don't agree with that buddy - XBox Live is about making the infrastructure a success, not individual games and by empowering users with server facilities and controls, it pulls it off with aplomb...

...Cor

Comment

Xbox Live, great infrastructure etc, piss poor games. [although GRIT isn't bad].
          Sony Online, crap infrastructure etc, fantastic games.

As with everything the games are what matters, my PS-2 has been online much longer than XBox, infact barely anytime until GRIT came out, but LINKS is coming out on XBox Live and I think that will change. Oh and please remember when you hear some goon from Game or Dixons state that Xbox was the first online console, thats total BS. Dreamcast followed by PS-2 [THPS2] then Xbox and finally Gamecube.

Either way for all consoles its only going to get better, we've never had it so good.

Regards,
          Neil.

Comment

I haven't been following the PS2's online games, but after just picking up an online kit can anyone recomend the good games to get? I have read that some people think it has better online games than the Xbox (which i think has excellent online games) so I am very interested to see what people say.

Comment

Ahem, so the Saturn - and I'm sure there were others before - don't count?

At the end of the day, it just depends on what games you like if you have to choose one over the other. Me? I have both, so I don't really care

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                Xbox Live, great infrastructure etc, piss poor games. [although GRIT isn't bad].
                Sony Online, crap infrastructure etc, fantastic games.
                I too want to know what the list of fantastic games is, it'd persuade me to get my PS2 online.

Comment

I got XBOX and XBOX live and is happy with it, and getting a modded PS2 tomorrow, and not sure about PS2 online for now. I will be keeping an eye on it, but I don't think it will be any good for now. But if Winning Eleven 8 come on line it would be excellent

Comment

I'm trying think of these fantastic ps2 games and am struggling miserably. Everyone i know who's got it seems to complain when they have test the beta games as there all ****e.

Comment

I know R00ST mate. I was one of em, and I use the word 'was' literally. Got rid of the kit as I only need one console online and that is my Xbrick thank you very much!

TOCA online anyone?!?!?!?!

Comment

Well, for me personally, the only online game that has grabbed me in any way has been Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO for the Xbox, so I guess Xbox wins by default.

However, the 2 most promising upcoming online games (Resident Evil Outbreak and Final Fantasy XI) are both PS2 only and I reckon they are going to be 100 times better than anything on Live.

Namco and Sega need to get there arcade racers onto these online services as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                          Well, for me personally, the only online game that has grabbed me in any way has been Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO for the Xbox, so I guess Xbox wins by default.

However, the 2 most promising upcoming online games (Resident Evil Outbreak and Final Fantasy XI) are both PS2 only and I reckon they are going to be 100 times better than anything on Live.

Namco and Sega need to get there arcade racers onto these online services as soon as possible.
                          Indeed. I haven't played anything on Live! so far that has made me get away from FFXI. Also don't forget games such as GT4, Winning Eleven Online, Everybody's Golf Online, Armored Core Online, Monster Hunter, Ambrosia Oddesey, Front mission online and Battle Gear 3, just to name a few.

The Live! games I'm looking forward to are Tekki Taisen and TFLO, hopefully they'll get teh xbox some heavy playing time ^_^

Comment

So far on the PS2 I've only played Socom which was quite nice but not a patch on GR and Hardware which was mindless good fun. I'm looking forward to FFXI, GT4, WE Online, Amoured Core and trying Amplitude online.

But the XBox line up interests me far more at the moment. Halo 2, PGR 2, TFO, Rainbow Six, Full Spectrum Warrior and SB: LOC look amazing, but the fact that the online infrasctructure is that much more robust makes a big difference imo. I prefer to play amongst friends, whatever game I'm playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroRisk
                              I know R00ST mate. I was one of em, and I use the word 'was' literally. Got rid of the kit as I only need one console online and that is my Xbrick thank you very much!

TOCA online anyone?!?!?!?!
                              Oh yes!! That my friend will be **** HOT!

Comment

So, is SOCOM not worth getting if I have the ghost recons on Xbox?

Comment

Working...
                                X