No announcement yet.

Psyvariar: Revision ScoreBoard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if your scoring 1182 on earth, you should start practicing on Volcano and leave Desert. forest and valley alone.

Vallye is pretty tough when you first start, but once you get the hang of it you should be making level 80 by the end of the level atleast ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB
      if your scoring 1182 on earth, you should start practicing on Volcano and leave Desert. forest and valley alone.

Vallye is pretty tough when you first start, but once you get the hang of it you should be making level 80 by the end of the level atleast ^_^
      Mark do you mean "Volcano is pretty tough ......" ?

Comment

Getting 1182 buzz on earth is not bad, hardly novice I can rarely get over 1100 and Ive been playing for months! but work on the levels like Volcano as its a buzz fest, the only place you can really go wrong is the boss. colony is my favorite buzzarama and the music is great

Comment

thanks for the tips there - god knows why i was messing about with desert when the technicolour insanity of *volcano* was waiting for me...

i'm doing okay on it now (pretty decent combined buzz on a 1-credit run through earth, volcano and x-a, although when i hit x-b i die and swear a lot - cue neighbours "roy, that girl downstairs is screaming at things again..."), and my earth scores are looking kinda respectable now i've actually sat down and tried using the fire button. i think i'm getting about 75-80 destruction (i didn't write anything down last night, and i'm waaaay too tired to focus on it right now) and similar buzzes to what i was getting without firing. maybe averaging 1080-1100ish. if i can get a decent run or two in tomorrow, i'll post my scores.

i so *heart* this game... even if i'm not letting myself get too obsessed, since all this was only supposed to be practice for psy 2 arriving later this week... now that i'm gonna put some serious time into.

oh, and this totally just occurred to me - do most of the high-scorers on here really, really learn the levels and, like, the optimal place to be for each wave and boss attack? 'cause having watched some of the videos, they look really clean and precise. i know i'm not the best player ever or anything, but i'm getting decent buzz, and i totally play like a nervous park squirrel... just kinda vaguely knowing where i should be, but generally zooming about, buzzing everything i can see and not really planning ahead (which i'm biologically incapable of anyway) - does anyone else do this, or are years of caffeine abuse finally paying off? maybe i need more 2d-shooter-obsessed girls to compare with. *are* there any others?

Comment

Just started this yesterday - better late than never.
            heres my (not very good) scores so far -

Earth - 5,779,300 / 877
            Desert - 3,281,300 / 988
            Forest - 3,614,000 / 1520
            Valley - 3,676,600 / 1497
            Asteroid - 4,524,000 / 2307
            Cloudbank - 3,721,100 / 1471
            Factory - 3,045,200 / 1096
            Photon - 5,840,800 / 1074

Comment

Welcome Andy, nice to see a newcomer, I have lots of high scoring Psyvariar 1 Area vids over at www.psyvariar.co.uk/1index.html

David

Comment

Thanks for those andy, apologies it took me so long to update the chart!

Comment

New + updated scores:

Earth - 6,545,600 / 1012
                  Desert - 3,516,000 / 1186
                  Forest - 3,983,600 / 1720
                  Valley - 5,069,300 / 2581
                  Volcano - 3,471,900 / 1385
                  Asteroid - 4,973,000 / 2864
                  Cloudbank - 3,951,000 / 2085
                  Zero Space (4-B) - 4,061,600 / 1942
                  Photon - 7,133,200 / 1925

Overall - 19,436,000 / 104 / 4-B

What does the Rotate option in the control setup do? and does anyone have it on or off?

Comment

Doesnt the rotate option rotate the screen so it can be played by putting your TV on its side?

Sorry it is so long since I played I cant remember .

Oh and btw, your scores are really progressing well andy, keep it up! Do you have access to vids?

Comment

Saw Psyvariar Complete for sale in Tesco's last night, prehaps Saur's spreading the Psyvariar word has worked

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
                        Doesnt the rotate option rotate the screen so it can be played by putting your TV on its side?

Sorry it is so long since I played I cant remember .

Oh and btw, your scores are really progressing well andy, keep it up! Do you have access to vids?
                        Nope the screen can be flipped round in using the screen mode option so its not that, i've tried with rotate on + off but cant see any difference anywhere.

All the vids take too long to d/l but i've got the capture dvd - to learn from.

Comment

Isnt rotate the action of the ship's path locking to curved shot patterns by itself as you move? (it's a very subtle assist) - like when you boss orbit, the ship is forced into a smooth circular motion with rotate on and angular with it off.

Give me a slap if I'm wrong -

Comment

That sounds like it could have been really handy.

I wish I turned it on

Comment

Been playing for a week, on and off, and... I'm still rubbish! But these are probably my least embarrassing scores right now:

Earth - 6,890,800 / 1031
                              Desert - 3,816,400 / 1202
                              Forest - 3,379,300 / 1281
                              Factory - 3,364,900 / 543

Still can't get to 1000 buzz on Earth, despite my best attempts.
                              <edit> Now I have, though

Quick question that I don't think's been asked in the thread (or if it has, I can't see it): does levelling up your ship change anything of importance other than your shot pattern? If so, I need to wipe my save and start again, because I'm only starting Desert and Forest on lvl13, but if it doesn't make a huge amount of difference I won't bother.

Comment

Desert and Forest wont be too much hassle if your level is low - but make sure you dont put any decent replays up if you are on a low level on any stages beyond them.

After Earth you should aim be level 26 to 30 and go for Valley or Volcano, have a look at this Earth vid:

Earth

Rest are here:

Valley is actually easier than Desert and Forest + you'll be in a better position to handle the rest of the game as your level after Valley will still be pretty decent (Forest and Desert dont offer much level and you'll be weak later on)

Comment

Working...
                                X