No announcement yet.

Psyvariar: Revision ScoreBoard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Saur. I've been ending Earth at around 26/27 recently, so I guess I'll wipe and start again. Been watching the Earth vids, but the extra buzz keeps eluding me.

Must. Try. Harder.

Oh, wait. Done it now. Can die happy.

Comment

I've been playing this game on and off for a while, but have jsut kept quite about it (no scores to shout about, and get around 1000 on Earth).

Originally posted by Saurian
      Desert and Forest wont be too much hassle if your level is low - but make sure you dont put any decent replays up if you are on a low level on any stages beyond them.
      Saur: What do you mean about putting up replays if you level is poor? Sorry if that is a dumb question.

Comment

The first time you play a level and get the high score for it, that run is saved and your ship's starting level used in the replay mode from then on. So, if you're playing in replay mode on Desert for the first time, your ship starts at level 8. If you get the first high score during that run and save to your memory card, every time that you play Desert in replay from then on you'll have to start at level 8.

A similar thing applies when you get the first highest score on any level in normal mode. Say I've just started the game. I finish Earth at level 13 and move onto Forest. If I then get my first highest score there, then Forest when I play it in replay mode starts with my ship at level 13.

That's what happened with me - I've now wiped my save and am only saving scores when I start a new area at a significantly high level.

Hope that makes sense. Probably not - I'm sure somebody else can explain it better.

Comment

No, that makes perfect sence, thanks. I guessed it was probably something like that, but was not sure.

Comment

Sorry for the bump again, but I've just done this and I'm quite proud of it. Even if that's only because nobody else seems to have really bothered with the level and gone on to bigger and better things instead

Desert - 4,016,500 / 1361

You know, Desert's actually quite fun when you knuckle down to it. It doesn't have any of the mental "sit in the middle of a pile of bullets and rise five levels in two seconds" moments of Volcano, but I kind of like the fact that you've got to really hunt for those last few shots. Totally useless if you're trying to get a decent total score (used all my bombs sitting on top of the boss for his big pink freakout, for a start), but still fun.

Comment

Thanks for those scores E. Randy Dupre! Congratulations on that desert score!

Apologies it took me so long to update.

Comment

Ever get the feeling you've reached the limit of your ability with something?

Valley - 7,000,200 / 3673
                Volcano - 6,557,500 / 4070

Still plugging away at it, but any improvement is very slight at the moment.

Comment

Keep plugging away E. Randy Dupre - your scores are really starting to come good.

Try to get some quality time in with the X levels - thats where a lot of the points are .

Comment

Cheers man. Here are some new ones.

Earth - 7,245,800 / 1093
                    Volcano - 7,443,000 / 4113
                    Photon - 9,382,200 / 3244

I'm really struggling to be consistent on Volcano, which is why I've not got any scores up for anything after it (well, save that Photon one, which is pretty bad). I keep losing it on the second form of the boss, when he fires two streams of pink lasers out of each wing, with the floating blue and orange shots drifting down the screen. I can avoid/buzz those well enough, but it's the two bursts of circular pink laser that he also fires that are getting me - I just can't concentrate on those and the drifting shots at the same time. I can manage it every now and again, but more through luck than judgement, and more often than not my brain gives up and I go straight into a pink shot while avoiding the others.

I should probably spend time concentrating on Photon, I guess. I keep losing lives in stupid situations every time I attempt it, and I've not got the level up timing right on the boss at all.

Ah, my current overall score might as well go in, too. I'm having so much trouble with Photon that I'm starting to figure it might be time to pack it in and get obsessed with a different game.

20,147,500 / 83 / X-A
                    Last edited by E. Randy Dupre; 21-05-2004, 18:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X