• Show
Clear All

1. rjpageuk: 60,301,300/150/X-C
    phoR fU(|< 5@kE!!!1111one
    >______<

*reaches for his Red Materia*

Comment

and so the war begins.....

now we have some real challenging on the game...

*awaits my copy from playasia*

you'll see... you'll all see

Comment

Mailman came with REVISION just now. Another good delivery from NCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
          Get practicing, and get posting scores then .

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
            Originally posted by Henning
            Get practicing, and get posting scores then .
            I will

Have to work now

Comment

New Colony score for me - 13.3m

Also managed a slight improvement in Weakbosen (12.5m).

With these X chapters it is so important to maximise your buzz during the chapter - it is worth A LOT of points.

I managed a Graviton score with 1500 better overall buzz and no lives lost, yet it didnt beat my score posted there because I gained about 500 odd buzz extra during the level itself (and obviously 2000 less on the boss). Those 500 odd extra buzz really counts for a lot of points.

500 buzz is worth about 2.5m on the X levels it seems, whereas 500 buzz during a boss is worth less than 1m.

For X-A this is all well and good because you can pretty easily rinse the whole level without killing hardly anything (I wish I could capture the vid of me doing this). However for X-B and X-C, there are so many enemies it is nigh on impossible to complete them without killing anything.

This makes finding a path through X-B and X-C so much harder, and so much harder to find a consistent path. I assume X-D will be similar.

I think on the other levels (other than X) the buzz during the level doesnt count quite so highly, although it is still way more important than the buzz during the boss (see Volcano scores for a good example of this - Mark is much better than me at the level itself, whereas I get much more buzz from the boss).

Comment

Not managing to put anywhere near the time i'd like to into this, but this should move me a couple of slots higher.

Earth 6789700 / 1057 / 27

Comment

I finally managed to unlock Gluon, although I was cheating - put it on very easy, 5 lives and 5 bombs .

This works for unlocking levels though - and is good if you want to get to a level in order to practice it.

Now I have seen the final boss, I need to go back and unlock gluon with some bombs left

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
                    I finally managed to unlock Gluon, although I was cheating - put it on very easy, 5 lives and 5 bombs .

This works for unlocking levels though - and is good if you want to get to a level in order to practice it.

Now I have seen the final boss, I need to go back and unlock gluon with some bombs left
                    CHEAP ft:

i am dissappointed my son........

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB
                      CHEAP ft:

i am dissappointed my son........

I wouldnt worry, I have never survived the first attack of the second form of the boss since I have no bombs!

Seriously though, this morning I will be wiping my card and then redoing it all on easy with max bombs so I can unlock each stage to practice on with lots of bombs, and a decent level.

This way it is easiest to practice the levels in replay mode, and the most time efficient way.

Then once I am happy I can do each of the levels with the minimum bombs, I will go back to playing normal mode again (with the standard lives/bombs/difficulty) and up my score.

I wish each of the levels were unlocked from the start in replay mode - I dont play it to see the levels, I play it to master the levels.

Comment

New score for Desert from me:

3,863,300/1249

Comment

Thats a good desert score - I attempted to get close to it but couldnt!

Comment

It's the only level (apart from Earth) that I'm not completely hopeless at

Comment

I finally put this in my PS2 today (it had the back luck of arriving the same day as PES3).

Overall I've managed: 17088500/86/X-A

Aah well, at least my names up there if not for long . I think I'm gonna have to come up with a different approach now though (or steal one of yours). I seem to have plateaued around this score, having trouble beating it now whichever route I take.

Comment

Thanks for that myname. Have a look at some of the videos I have linked to on the first page of this thread, they should help you a lot!

I have updated a couple of my scores - Earth & got another million on Photon.

I really need to get consistent at X-B and X-C :/.

Comment

Working...
                                X