No announcement yet.

Steel Battalion Line of Contact Beta Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it has I didn't get in either and I still play the game (told 'em so too).

*sob*

Comment

You know like the TGS (I think?) video, where they had them blokes playing 8 player or whatever right, anyone know if that was LAN play or locally set up over Live or something?

I've been looking around the usual sites but have found nothing specific. Link-up would be nice... here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
        You know like the TGS (I think?) video, where they had them blokes playing 8 player or whatever right, anyone know if that was LAN play or locally set up over Live or something?

I've been looking around the usual sites but have found nothing specific. Link-up would be nice... here's hoping.
        On ign there was a little write up about them playing it at E3. They were expecting to play it on Live but it was actually just a few machines linked up so i suspect the answer to your question is yes.

Comment

Wooo! I hope so. Can't imagine it not being there if there is Live (common libraries as far as I know; including Live == LAN play too, judging by other games too).

Heard anything else about the Beta, like when you'll be getting some software to break?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
            Wooo! I hope so. Can't imagine it not being there if there is Live (common libraries as far as I know; including Live == LAN play too, judging by other games too).

Heard anything else about the Beta, like when you'll be getting some software to break?
            I haven't had anything back since the letter. They said the beta would be starting around the end of this month so we should hear something soonish.

Comment

Anyone know whats happening with this test as I too haven't heard anything since the confirmation letter.

Comment

Originally posted by redael
                Anyone know whats happening with this test as I too haven't heard anything since the confirmation letter.
                I haven't heard anything either, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

Hi there,

Got an email from Capcom, its been delayed a few weeks and all our beta stuff will be shipped out via courier in a few weeks

Comment

Is it too late to apply for the beta test? I've only recently got Live and would love to play SB over it, IMO its the missing ingredient.

Comment

Originally posted by baddie long legs
                      Is it too late to apply for the beta test? I've only recently got Live and would love to play SB over it, IMO its the missing ingredient.
                      The closing date was way back in october. So I'm guessing it's too late, some guys earlier in the thread seemed to miss out which is a shame.

I think they were only after 100 participants for the europe side of things.

The Japanese beta starts at the end of this month so i'm guessing we're soon!

Comment

Just a thought..

Beta games dont work on Retail Xbox's..

In the email they mentioned they would be sending out the stuff via courier... bit strange for a disc..

Are we all getting a debug Xbox each?

Comment

yes, and a set of sticks each, to keep.

with the beta trial for Live (the one where you got the orange mem card and headset holder) you got two discs. One was a beta disc that worked up to a certain date and the other was the normal retail demo disc with moto gp on etc. I expect that we'll just get a disc.

Comment

Quote taken from this IGN news item.

Tekki Wars brings five on five Xbox Live play to Capcom's mech battle game. A beta test program is scheduled to begin in Japan on the 16th of this month.
                            With only 100 PAL testers its surely going to have to be scheduled test nights or it isn't going to work.

Not too long to wait now.

Comment

W00T!!!111!111!!

Got my beta disk today, looks like it starts on Tuesday 25th November for one month, see on live.

Comment

Aye got the email too.. not at home so hopefully the disc will be there when I get home.

Actually, thinking about it - It doesnt matter really since we cant play until tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X