GT5 - Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT5 - Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

Seen this on multiple forums and I bet some of you guys would be up for it.

The following is the full list of cars appearing in Gran Turismo 5. There are 1074 cars included in the game, including 43 from DLC Packs and updates. These cars are grouped by manufacturer and are categorized as either Premium Cars (labelled [pr]) or Standard Cars (labelled [st]). Cars labelled as [st] and [pr] are premium cars whose standard versions can be imported from PSP. [st] : Standard cars [pr] : Premium cars AC Cars 427 S/C '66 [st] Acura NSX '91 [pr][st] Acura NSX RM '91 [pr] Acura NS

What needs to be selected is the car. So everyone needs to choose something naff like a Ford Ka or VW Lupo and I'll tally the votes on Wednesday morning when the game is released.

I suppose we'd also have to use Arcade mode with stock cars or people might fit small upgrades, lol.

The track used will of course be the Top Gear Test Track.

Signups:
    1. speedlolita
    2. FullSpecWarrior
    3. doodledude
    Last edited by speedlolita; 10-01-2011, 19:19.

Me! I vote for the Ford toy car.

Comment

Surely it should be one of the ones from Top Gear, assuming they're in the game?

Comment

I'm pretty sure neither are in there. :'(

Comment

add me to thee list: doodledude

Comment

Me too.

PSN = hoolak

Comment

i'll try now i've done most of the normal game

PSN: AvexFuddle

Comment

I posted this in the GT5 topic and is my take on the idea...

For car I nominate the Premium Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07. Do an Oil Change and it has 110/111 HP (depending on where you look) and weighs 1070 Kg. Share the car for use in the Arcade. You can approximate the standing start by approaching the line on the Arcade Time Trial in Bumper Cam and Drivers Line on. When the Gear Indicator is just above the middle of the last blue line before the start line (too low on that and you gain a time advantage!), stop and put the handbrake on (hold handbrake button briefly) and adjust Cam and Line as required. Hold Accellerator and Brake completely down. Release Brake and you are away on your lap. The blue line thing only seems to be that way on the first lap.

The Vitz seems to be reasonably low powered and weighs over a tonne. The Suzuki Swift seems a little too powerful and the Nissan March is a little too light. Those as far as I can see are the only Premium (best option) contenders.
                Last edited by Bassman; 11-01-2011, 01:06.

Comment

Sorry for second post but the PS3 buffer was full on the previous post so couldn't edit.

Firstly the share thing... doh! I should have said set Favourites On for the car!!

Tried the Yaris and inevitably it is an automatic only (if everyone is happy with that, it suits me fine). One option would be to fit a Customisable gearbox for those who prefer manual shifting (I don't but I am happy to do a swap)... if you can stand the noise! Also post whether DS3 or Wheel with time.

The blue line thing... I was able to stop with the top of the gear indicator level with the top of the blue line. Care must be taken with the suspension dive. With the indicator there, on moving off the time started instantly so from that point of view we can all do a consistent standing start time.

On my shakedown run in the Vitz without any practice runs I recorded a 1:46.033 which I would have said was in the right ballpark for comparison with the C'eed in Top Gear.

Premiums are the best option car-wise due to instant availability.

Comment

I'll give this a crack too, PSN Darwock.

Don't you get the option to choose standing or rolling start? I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere.

Comment

No, it is all Rolling start in the Time Trials (so much for being able to emulate Top Gear). You can do a one make Grid Race in Arcade but you are probably well away from the start line.

Comment

Can we just keep it to Rolling Start to save any faffing about?

Are there going to be any assist restrictions etc?

I did a few laps earlier with the Premium Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07 (oil change), getting 1m40s something.

I'll post an exact time later to get the ball rolling.

For the record, I had all assists off except for ABS on '1'.

We could just have a leaderboard here. People can try as many times as they want. Photo evidence?

Comment

I think I was only using ABS 1 as the others seemed pointless on a car with that amount of power.

Rolling start would certainly make life easier.

Taking a picture would be something of a pain as I don't have a mobile, but could be arranged with a camera... provided it the battery is charged!

Comment

I'll post my exact time later on.

I think allowing for assists should be fine as don't they tend to hinder a performance?

Comment

I think with that car it will possibly go faster without assists. May find your second lap is faster than your first. Not sure of speed on first lap.

Had the Driving Line on to remind me where to go! Best so far is 1:37.528 (I think). I have kept the Replay. If I could just get all the corners right on the same run there may be a little more to be found.
                              Last edited by Bassman; 13-01-2011, 11:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X