No announcement yet.

Rainbow 6 session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, remember the one man rambo in the church?

me.

Comment

roost is always the last man standing - though he doesn't last long when he loses his 'human shields'

i can't believe just how good this bloody game is - playing through missions or terrorist hunt on co-op live is the best online experience this year - just hope we can get a good team deathmatch session going laters
      (4v4 if someone can host with no lag)

camps

Comment

Originally posted by camps
        roost is always the last man standing - though he doesn't last long when he loses his 'human shields'

i can't believe just how good this bloody game is - playing through missions or terrorist hunt on co-op live is the best online experience this year - just hope we can get a good team deathmatch session going laters

camps
        A good team deathmatch is just what I'm dying to try, sick of feeling like its every man for himself. I'm on a 1mb line with 256 upload so that should be ok for 4vs 4 (but I prob wont be on till late o'clock after the Premiership)

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
          still freakin waiting on mine!
          Aye, me too .

Comment

Just in case anyone was wondering how the ranking system worked, I found this on another forum.

was getting pretty pissed off about the ranking system in Rainbow Six 3, like "How the hell does this guy have a higher "ELO" than me if I have more kills and fewer deaths?" So I went to the official website and tracked down this guys post at a foosball site. Apparently ELO is a widely used scoring system for everything from chess to foosball to, well, video games.

Here's the skinny:

quote:
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For ranking our players we are using an ELO ranking system developed by Dr. Arpad Elo. It's widely known for its use in defining the world chess rankings and if you are familiar with this system, we are using it with some minor variations. The chess ranking system has been a tried and tested ranking system for many years.

Unlike the USTSA points system which follows the concept of, "the more you play the more points you get". You must continually beat players "equal to your points" or "greater than your points" to continually gain points. If you're beating those players, then you should be gaining points. (NOTE: since the point system has been in use a relatively short time and because players were put into their rank at a set starting point [ex. Pro 2400 points]. It may seem that some players are continually gaining points, this will only continue until the players have spread/moved to their proper level. Once a player has reached his proper/actual level they will fluctuate slightly at that range until their skill changes.)

Every time you play a match, points will be awarded to the winning team and points will be subtracted from the losing team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the game doesn't score you according to how many points you earn or how many hours you play (which other games do and that SUCKS), instead it awards you for defeating an opponent with a better score than yours. So ELO really is a measure of skill and not simply hours spent playing, so those damn annoying kids with nothing better to do can't monopolize the leader board.

I think that's pretty damn ingenious. This game continues to impress.

Comment

I have it now aswell. I'll see you online some time.

Comment

Originally posted by camps

camps
                CHURCH RAMPAGE, least i don't die 1st time everytime and then get killed by same dude even tho i knew he was goin be there :P

Comment

So what's everyones GamerTags*? I need some people to play against in RS3, the Americans are no challenge for me

*I know I should go through the GamerTag thread, but it's too long and I'm too lazy.

Comment

R6 isnt out here in Australia till this friday...

Just wondering if you guys can give me and idea of the online play, specifically max players per server etc.. without lagging out in all the various modes.

Im on a plan here with 512 upload and I can host 10 player RTCW games lagfree so use that as a benchmark if it helps.

Comment

Co-op modes only have a maximum of 4.

The rest of the modes are ****e compared tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                        Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                        still freakin waiting on mine!
                        Aye, me too .
                        me three

/and Top SPin, Crimson Skies blah blah blah

Comment

Got to agree, this game is the Monkeys nut sack.

Due to Girlfriend, was not able to get on in much at the weekend, but will be on it every night this week (except tonight ).

Played a bit of Co-op missions online with a few US folk and it was really good. I did not know the maps so was more following them about, but soon got the hang of it. Really like terrorist hunt as well.

The sound on this game is great as well, the way your guys speak through the headset, the explosions & different bullet sounds all really add to the atmosphere. I got involved in a firefight, where there are loads of old pots and crockery and it sounded like it was a Greek wedding.

The game seems to take all the best bits from Ghost Recon and SOF2. Then adds a load of more class idea's of its own, I think it is great, better than I hoped it was going to be. Counter-Strike is going to have to be really special to beat this .

Hopefully, catch up with a few of you online this week during the evenings.

TR

Really, really enjoying this game, can't wait to get back on it

Comment

Working...
                          X