Calling all homos and their mates . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brats
    BTW, gay clubs are always the best, freindliest clubs you can go to. No-one parties like the gay crowd. Segregation or not, it's the truth.
    Yeah, but then you used to go to Trade, if my memory serves me well 8)

Comment

I did (you've a good memory ). And the Paradise nights at the Factory .

Comment

Walk a mile in Harlowlad's (gay ) shoes, and say that segregation shouldn't be an issue.

One thing that hetero males forget is how much 'passive' gay criticism there is in general conversation. Add into the mix a bunch of backwards 14 year-old fanboys and their online idiocy, and it creates an environment ridiculously unfriendly to anyone who doesn't fit their stereotype. I reject many online environments due to the laddishness (even though I'm hetero).

Creating a subculture within a burgeoning culture (as online gaming still is) is natural and understandable. I bet everyone here goes frequents a scene that fits them, at least on occasion (be it a metal pub, indie night, dance club etc.) yet also visits 'normal' places where there is social activity ('townie' bars, Wetherspoons pubs etc.)

Think about your own situation, and how you segregate yourself from what you think of as 'normal' and unfriendly to your subset before just inviting an interesting subset to simply merge with the mainstream. Castigating people for trying to create their own society within a society is ignorance, no matter how well-intentioned.

Comment

Working...
        X