No announcement yet.

Warppipe - are you up for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am free late tonight and wednesday, let me know if someone wants to try MKDD

Comment

Bah, my copy of 1080 is sat at the post office, I won't be collecting it till the weekend . If anyone fancies a game Saturday evening give me a shout.

Comment

Been trying 1080 with marklar, but can't get it to work. Looks like it's just MKDD and Kirby for the moment.

Comment

Myself and jide just had a go at Mario Kart over Warp Pipe.

Latency from me to jide was 40ms, which isn't terrible at all, and it ran less than 1/2 speed sometimes.

The game doesn't handle lag at all, ie. keep the game speed up and error correct for laggy connections. It just slows the game down to match the speed that data is coming in.

I couldn't tell whether MK knocks the speed down in notches, ie 60 -> 30 -> 15 fps, or whether it adjusts speed on the fly while it waits for the next frame's data.

Either way running our pal copies at 50Hz rather than 60Hz seemed to help. I think MK sends data for each frame, so a lower frame rate giving a faster game over Warp Pipe would make sense.

If Mario Kart does send data for each frame, then for no lag you would need less than 16 2/3ms @ 60Hz or 20ms @ 50Hz latency. You'd need to play someone on the same ISP pretty much.

Comment

It pretty much reacts aswell as youd expect from a LAN game being tunneled across the Internet. I hope that the WarpPipe crew work out a way of dropping packets or something....

Comment

Anyone Fancy a game of Mario Kart right now

managed to borrow a BBA for the day, keen to see how this works.

PM me

Bye

Comment

Warp pipes great, but no ones ever playing. Like right now.

Comment

I'm still trying to get this stupid router to work, but if all goes to plan I should be getting a new one early January then I can finally see if this warpipe is actually any good!

Comment

My BBA has arrived from Play Asia. I'll look at the setup and maybe if anyone is free tomorrow be ready for a game or two.

Comment

I'm up with both 1080 and MkDD!
                      you can check me on icq.
                      I'm connected via BroadBandAdaptor
                      =)))

PS 1080...does it work on warp pipe?
                      PPS I'm optical fiber cabled in Italy and I can reach a peak of 10 Mbits per second....but...I'm behind a sort of LAN... =( that mean I can host and be hosted with other users paritetic connected and I can only join if the "master" hosting the game have a public IP...I think...some guys in Italy are not so convinced

Comment

It apparantly works if you get past the white loading screen, but hangs there sometimes.

Comment

warppipe v0.31 is meant to fix most 1080 problems.

Comment

XLink is supposed to support the cube now too, anybody tried it out?

source

Comment

I'm free all tonight with 1080 if anyone wants to sample xlink. Get me on icq or msm later (or irc: charlesr)

Comment

Ah bugger -- looks like I jumped the gun a bit and it isn't available yet. Sorry about that...

Comment

Working...
                                X