Playstatio 2 beta testers .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razz
    They've already won the online war -_-; Atleast in Japan.

Once games such as GT4, FFXI, Biohazard Outbreak etc are released you'll think differently. I've already played my PS2 online than anything else. The service is excellent in Japan, however they really need to release the HDD along with the big guns in the west to make PS2 more attractive online compared to Xbox. Personally I don't think SOCOM, Everquest, Madden and Tiger Woods are worthy games, however I know Sony have far far better quality online games coming. Just my 2 cents.
    True, but mainly becuase Xbox has very little presence in Japan.

Yes and once some truly worthwhile games come along it will help greatly. But I'm still not a fan of the whole infrastruture of Sony's online plan (in europe that is, they differ in each territory).

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy
      I'm still not a fan of the whole infrastruture of Sony's online plan (in europe that is, they differ in each territory).
      I totally agree with you, compared to Live there isn't much of an infrastructure at all, beyond servers and bandwidth provision.

They seem to have bolted on usernames and buddy lists as an after thought, which leads to silly inconsistencies between each online game.

MS also realise if we have broadband we already have a PC, and haven't bothered with anything like Central Station.

Compared to Live, PS2 online just doesn't work properly.

Comment

Id agree that Xbox live is streets ahead of PS2 online but i do enjoy the odd blast on Harware online (mind it was free so maybe thats a factor)

I have also enjoyed socomm2 so far, certinaly plays better than CS on live does imo.

Then there is GT4, unless the balls the online up thats it for me, it will be the best console online game bar none.

Comment

Working...
        X