No announcement yet.

****, looks like I've been banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I bought a US XBOX and refused to chip it, but I will get a 2nd XBOX for chipping purpose.

Comment

I've had no problems with my chipped Xbox on Live and it's got a 120Gb HD.

Also, wouldn't it be illegal for M$ to scan your HD?

Surely that's breaking some sort of privacy laws and if it was legal then they'd be doing it to your PC as well.

Comment

Best to get another Xbox (unmodded) for online play, just to be on the safe side ~ awaits for the smaller version

Comment

Originally posted by Hitcher

Surely that's breaking some sort of privacy laws and if it was legal then they'd be doing it to your PC as well.
          Windows Update? That always knows when to download extra stuff.
          Also doesn't it automatically check for Splinter Cell updates?

I don't have Live so I'm probably talking out my arse as usual.

Comment

Comment

Ditto mate I`ve got files on e and f on a 120 gig drive with a Nitroxx chip which i always run in the off position for live and not had any problems................ apart from snotty American kids, not it`s not a new voice mask you little ****!!!

Comment

hmmm. i've been on live for 2 months with evox on my C drive. no probs yet (touch wood)

i'll move everything to the F drive but i need to edit the X2 bios to do it. i'll see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by huxley

Ditto mate I`ve got files on e and f on a 120 gig drive with a Nitroxx chip which i always run in the off position for live and not had any problems................ apart from snotty American kids, not it`s not a new voice mask you little ****!!!

Until this evening, not made any changes to the console and got the mod ban message.
                  F***! em lol

Comment

sugar!

i just put all the stuff on my F drive last night - haven't been on Live yet. I'll try it now. If I get banned it's cool coz a) I'm on my 2-month trial and b) There's an XBox at work with an old homebrew that can't be flashed (so i set it up to boot into the phoenix X2 4977) so I can swap eeproms with that and no one will mind...

will let you lot know either way

Comment

So far so good. I was on C vs SNK2 this morning no probs - except for the fact that the guy I fought dropped when I started kicking his ass

Comment

Until this evening, not made any changes to the console and got the mod ban message.
                        F***! em lol

Maybe it's due to the sort of files you have on your E drive. Maybe M$ found the Phoenix loader (you may not use this - I do for emergencies if the chip goes belly-up). You need everything on your F drive mate. The E drive can obviously still be seen with the modchip off...

Comment

I've still not had any trouble getting on Live, but I'm interested in putting all my other stuff on the F drive - do you know of a guide for doing this mate?

Comment

I`ve not made any changes to the console in the last 3/4 days.
                            the ban doesn`t realy bother me I knew I`d get banned at some point and to be honest I only realy use the console for my music collection and emulation.

I called the live helpline to get their view and got put through to the tech dept, in basic terms the guy let on that they have a good idea of which box`s are modded and don`t realy see it as that bad a problem as you can`t use pirate games on live anyway, he also added that M$ don`t have any plans to ban users accounts as long as they don`t become an on going problem. He also added that the new live update will (in his opinion) ban a lot more modded consoles.

Could be true or I could of been talking to the office gimp, time will tell.

Comment

I've never understood Microsoft's approach to chipped consoles on Live...surely it's in their interests not to ban paying customers from using a pay service?

Giving users a warning? Fair enough. Restricted use of services? Harsh, but fair IMO. But a complete ban is stupid from Microsoft's point of view...

Comment

It's only the console that gets banned though, not the actual account. If they allowed modded consoles to connect to Live then that would open up a whole world of cheating.

Comment

Working...
                                X