****, looks like I've been banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitcher
    I've still not had any trouble getting on Live, but I'm interested in putting all my other stuff on the F drive - do you know of a guide for doing this mate?
    Just got this sorted out myself. YOu need to edit the BIOS file so it looks to your F or G partition to load the dodgy dash.

I now have no traces of anything non MS on either my C or E partitions.

Comment

Take a look through your saves... some stuff saves preferences to E regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
        It's only the console that gets banned though, not the actual account. If they allowed modded consoles to connect to Live then that would open up a whole world of cheating.
        Going on Live with the chip on, yes they should ban that, but not IMO when it's off.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
          Take a look through your saves... some stuff saves preferences to E regardless.
          Slightly less conspicuous than having evoxdash.xbe on your C drive though.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
            It's only the console that gets banned though, not the actual account. If they allowed modded consoles to connect to Live then that would open up a whole world of cheating.
            Oh ok. Sorry I though the account was banned at the same time as the console

Comment

eghamninja,

I don't see how having saved preferences for "homebrew" software is less conspicuous than a dodgy dash on C

They're hardly gonna stop at scanning for evoxdash.xbe!

Comment

eghamninja,

I don't see how having saved preferences for "homebrew" software is less conspicuous than a dodgy dash on C

They're hardly gonna stop at scanning for evoxdash.xbe!
                So microsoft are going to have to perform a scan for ALL files on your E drive, I really do not think that is going to happen due to the amount of time that would take on each box, even then they would have to perform a match against all known possible valid saves.

Comment

Originally posted by eghamninja
                  So microsoft are going to have to perform a scan for ALL files on your E drive, I really do not think that is going to happen due to the amount of time that would take on each box...
                  The partition isn't that big, it wouldn't take long.

... even then they would have to perform a match against all known possible valid saves.
                  nah, just search for known homebrew saves and any unusual non-save, non-audio files. easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                    So microsoft are going to have to perform a scan for ALL files on your E drive, I really do not think that is going to happen due to the amount of time that would take on each box...
                    The partition isn't that big, it wouldn't take long.

... even then they would have to perform a match against all known possible valid saves.
                    nah, just search for known homebrew saves and any unusual non-save, non-audio files. easy.
                    But you could say they were installed by an action replay, no chip needed. As I said the only non completly kosher files on my E drive are a few saves from the homebrew stuff, no dodgy audio/video/software at all.

Anyway I may look into some kind of bizzare switching device for using both my modded and my original HD.

Comment

eghamninja,

I'm not trying to nitpick, I'm just saying that while what you're doing is a great idea there's still bannage potential

you say it might take some time to scan the E drive... a dash update that scans when idle then communicates with live when possible is hardly a complicated thing to do.

So you'd say that Emu settings saves and Avalaunch settings were installed by an action replay?

Do they even endorse AR save hacking anyway?

Lets face it... we're all gonna get banned eventually is MS see fit.

TBH though, from looking at the XDK the HD serial reading thing is more to "sign" saves than it is see if you have a mod chip.

Comment

Do they even endorse AR save hacking anyway?
                        yeah, cheat devices are illegal too, so even AR uploaded files could result in a ban.

TBH though, from looking at the XDK the HD serial reading thing is more to "sign" saves than it is see if you have a mod chip.
                        The Live dash probably uses tools and libraries not available in the XDK to detect mod chips, so I'd agree.

The main point is that MS will never want to be more than one step behind the Xbox hacking scene. Soon they will be detecting replaced hard disks and extra partitions, and then whatever tricks people come up with after that.

From day one I've run Live with the mod chip disabled, no homebrew files at all, and the original hard disk. Thats the only way to guarantee you won't get banned - a disabled mod chip cannot be detected.

It is becoming more and more of a pain though. Eventually I'll get a second Xbox.

Comment

Well I personally run a larger HD and have some homebrew media players on mine...

If they ban me eventually then fair enough... it's their service and they can cry if they want to.

I'll prob just pick up a vanilla xbox for live games if that happens.

Comment

I`m kinda gla d I got the ban as I was always stressing that my hard drive could got on the flip and lose all my music collection. And now I have a good reason for the crystal console that I could ill afford to buy but did anyway...... yea I`m a sucker for a cute box

Comment

Originally posted by huxley
                              yea I`m a sucker for a cute box
                              what are you doing buying Xboxs then?

ba-dum tsch.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                                Originally posted by huxley
                                yea I`m a sucker for a cute box
                                what are you doing buying Xboxs then?

ba-dum tsch.
                                i walked into that didn`t i