No announcement yet.

Super Monkey Ball scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome twigboy I hope you will fit into the forum well. I have added yours and konas scores to the list.

If this continues to grow I will only include the top 10 overall scores just to keep the list tidy.

I really need to start playing Advanced a bit more regularly because my score is woeful.

Comment

Originally posted by twigboy
      Hello. After lurking for a while this is my first ever post, so hope you'll be kind, for the moment anyway.

These require a lot more work but I believe they'll get me in on the bottom of the tables:

Beginner overall: 174816
      Advanced overall: 644774
      Welcome dude!

I'm the boss around these parts. So be nice to me, and you'll do just fine.

Time for some more Monkey Ball scores. Must make sure I get 1st place for advanced.

Again, welcome to the forums dude.

Comment

cheers everyone. It's a really nice forum, friendly and informed - and very good site. some of the best written reviews around. good to get a challenge on SMB - time to get properly stuck in...

Comment

Welcome to ntsc-uk twigboy, I'm looking forward to your scores!

lordcookie: thanks for updating the scores. I just had another go before going to bed and managed to better my score a little bit, still some way behind you and 007 though. At least I managed to get a good score on BE10.
          So we have:
          overall: 183,222
          BE10: 10962

Comment

Managed to get Beginner up to 180164 - can do more but not going to be able to have another proper go at it for a couple of days...

BTW, what version is everyone else using? I'm using PAL 60hz - does the NTSC version result in different scores? (not that I'm trying to make excuses or anything heh heh)

Comment

I am playing a US copy. I dont believe there is any difference between any of the NTSC copies and playing in PAL 60hz so we should all be playing on an even playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by twigboy
                BTW, what version is everyone else using? I'm using PAL 60hz - does the NTSC version result in different scores? (not that I'm trying to make excuses or anything heh heh)
                PAL60 has some slowdown, I think this is because of the higher resolution of PAL to NTSC. This makes some levels easier, because jumps can be controlled better, and some harder like E17 which is almost unplayable in PAL60 because of the slowdown. But I haven't seen any differences in times/scores, so I think we can keep PAL60 and NTSC scores together.

PAL50 plays more like NTSC, but the times are different plus there is a bug in the calculation of scores which makes the scores even more different.

Comment

A few new scores for beginner:
                  overall: 185,446
                  BE1: 11,966 tie with lordcookie and world record, probably not possible to go any higher than this
                  BE6: 11,232 woohoo! a whole 2 points more than before

I hope you guys are still playing this, and I'm not playing against myself!

Comment

I am still playing a bit but not practise mode. I was about to beat 007's score but on the last level I took a corner too fine and died.

Comment

Just added my new scores.

B6 = Kona's score.

Overall is now just 330 off of 007. The annoying thing is that I missed 5 of the normal bananas I get which would have probably made me beat his score...finally.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                        I am still playing a bit but not practise mode. I was about to beat 007's score but on the last level I took a corner too fine and died.
                        Ah, good news you're still playing!
                        It's my overall score above you should be trying to beat though, not 007's
                        Nice going with BE6. I just watched packattack's video, and I think his strategy is the only way to improve on that score. Looks very tricky though!

Comment

Sorry I missed your overall score, I will add that in a second.

How do you get the vids to work as they dont work on my pc and I have the latest version of WMP?

Comment

FINALLY!

I'll be back...

Videos? Pah. You're not real gamers.

Comment

I think you need the latest divx codec from here:
                              Download free DivX video software to play & convert video, including DivX, AVI, MKV, and HEVC. Easily play AVI and convert to MP4 (Windows)

(Download the file divx511bundle.exe from that page, and install the codec only, no need to install the player. WMP will detect and use the codec)

Packattack's videos are very impressive! They haven't improved my scores because I'm still using strategies I had discovered myself, in the floors where packattack is using a better strategy than me I don't have the skills to do it anyway. But watching the videos is always good fun, and makes me feel very very worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by 007
                                FINALLY!

I'll be back...
                                Looking forward to it!

Videos? Pah. You're not real gamers.
                                I just watch them for entertainment value. I had worked out my strategies long before I even heard of klow.net. Honest!

Comment

Working...
                                X