xbox live help wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox live help wanted

hi, i'm getting a xbox soon so seen as how i've got a 600k ntl BB in my room i might aswell get xbox live, anyway i would like to beable to connect to xbox live without haveing my PC on, i've got cable BB, i connect it via ethernet, so would this allow me to connect my xbox to xbox live without having the pc on?-
    Ebuyer stock more than 20,000 products for the home, office, or school from leading brands. Next day delivery and 0% finance options available.

thanks, oh and as i'm getting a modded xbox(maybe with 120gb harddrive) will there be any problems? and will that allow me ftp music and roms etc to the xbox?

thanks

You be wanting a cable/dsl router not a switch if you don`t want you pc turned on. So all you do is plug your cable modem into the back of the router which then shares the connection with what evers plugged into the router. Something like this will surfice.

Comment

ah, thanks for that, is that the cheapest they are as i'll be skint after getting the xbox and a couple of games.

Comment

cheers hodge, just ordered one for myself after seeing that, fed up of changing cables every 5 mins

Comment

right, i've just paid for my xbox, so will this one allow me to connect my xbox to live without the pc being on?

thanks

Comment

All I do is turn of the modem ,pull out the pc one ,insert the xbox one,turn the modem on and away you go.

Price =nowt

Do you know that the xbox live starter kit comes with no ethernet cable you have to buy it seperate.Just to let you know.

Comment

can i do that with NTL BB then as i don't mid just swapping cables, how will it reconise the xbox?

yeah i'm just going to use the cable from my pc untill i get a proper set up, as now i will need to connect my xbox, pc and cube(if warpipe is anygood when i try it out)

so sometime i will get a proper set up

Comment

mt50, I just swap cables between Xbox & PC, NTHell try to charge ?30 one off fee and ?5 a month to use BB on PC and on Xbox (they give you a 2nd IP address for the Xbox to justify it) but you can get around this FOC, I tried it and got it working in 2 minutes

Will post link bit later.

EDIT: this is the link but forum is currently down, being updated

Let me know if you get stuck, I've become bit of expert on this subject over last few weeks.

David

Comment

thanks for that david, i'll give it a try on thusrday when my xbox arrives(hopefully).
                  can't wait now .
                  will get topspin first i think

Comment

Remember that a modded Xbox won't be allowed onto Live...

Comment

Originally posted by Paleface
                      Remember that a modded Xbox won't be allowed onto Live...
                      it works with's with the chip swtched off yes?

Comment

I have a ntl modem all i do is switch it off and change cables.Yes I think if you can disable your switch in a modded xbox you can go online.

I did read that Microsoft where some how scanning there xboxs that where on-line to see if they had been tampered with eg.bigger hard drives etc.If they were finding anything wrong they were stopping that Live account.

Dont know if that has happened to anyone on here?

Comment

i though you can as most people seem to do that, as the xbox i've has got a 80gig hd i hope i can still use live though

Comment

The live banning because of hard drive scanning is an unsubstantiated rumour
                            MT50 you can go online with the chip switched off no probs at all as that what i do plus you can do all sorts of things with the chipped xbox as well (including setting it to us video etc)

Comment

I highly recommend the router Hodge linked.

I've got one and it's a piece of cake to set-up.

It'll let you go on seperately or both together and also allow your PC to connect to the internet and the Xbox for FTPing at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X