X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TommyG
    I can't get my headset to work >_<

I press o and i hear the beeps, i then speak and errr thats about it :/

I can't hear anyone reply nor can i hear anyone talking throughout the game?!?!

What a guy do???

Is there something you need to configure first? Is there a certain USB it has to be plugged into? Do you need to tap o first select Radio/Team then Speak?

On a side note i've played this for quite a while now but i've only ever played the team deathmatch games, which after a while they can become a bit dull.

Has anybody else played any other types of games and if so what were they and what are they like?

Trok, Finding it hard to compare against Ghost Recon as i mentioned above, i have only played team death match games. But saying that the control of the characters are slightly easier than Ghost Recon. I just need to play a multiplayer mission based game against the computer to truly compare...
    I like the rescue the hostages mission and the defuse the bomb missions.

Neil.

Comment

I can't get my headset to work >_<

I press o and i hear the beeps, i then speak and errr thats about it :/
      You have to hold it down quite hard for a few moments (I think it reads the button in analog). You should hear the beeps in the head set rather than the game. Tapping O brings up the text comms menu instead, which also beeps at you, but from the TV not the headset.

I can't hear anyone reply nor can i hear anyone talking throughout the game?!?!
      Can't you even hear hiss? The head sets are disabled in the lobby, but you can usually hear people chatting during the game.

Is there something you need to configure first? Is there a certain USB it has to be plugged into? Do you need to tap o first select Radio/Team then Speak?
      I just plugged mine in at it worked... sounds like yours might be b0rken

Comment

Thanks for the opinions, all

TR

Comment

I think you might be right Papercut, i can't even hear any hiss at all

My keyboard works in both ports so it's not my console plus i can hear the beeps in the headset when i hold down the button, but no hiss or voices???

I miss the voices in my head

Comment

I think you might be right Papercut, i can't even hear any hiss at all

My keyboard works in both ports so it's not my console plus i can hear the beeps in the headset when i hold down the button, but no hiss or voices???

I miss the voices in my head
            Hmm, strange.

When I started playing I forgot to plug my headset in, so I just whacked it in the top usb port mid-game and a couple of seconds later I could hear definate hiss, interspersed with normal chatting in game.

You should see a little talkey icon bottom left when you are able to speak (after holding down O). Perhaps we should organise an ntsc-uk SOCOM game to see if we can hear you (or you us)?

There doesn't seem to be a volume control for it, so I'd have thought you should be able to hear hiss too if it was working.

Comment

OK whos up for an ntsc-uk game? I'll start it off look in the uk folder for ntsc-uk at 20:00

Cheers,
              Neil.

Comment

I'm having problems with the headset too. First few games, I'd get the bleep when I held down O, but no one responded to anything I said and I couldn't hear anyone, and now I don't even get the beep.

Comment

I'm up for a game tonight Neil!

See you online.

OK it seems as though my headset is fine (i tried it on my PC). But it still wont work on SOCOM

I rang PS2 Online Customer Support and they seem to think it has something to do with my Router (UDP settings?)

So i ring Roost. He knows his shiiit...

We change my Router settings and guess what......

It Dont' Work! yay! :/

So i ring PS2 online customer services again, they say disable my windows firewall??? Why? I connect using a router and dont go through my computer?!?! Dumb ass! So he says check your usb ports work... yes they do i can use the keyboard in both of them (the guy is clutching at straws and doesnt have a clue) and thats where we left it....

bag o ****e!

Nevermind still having fun

See you on there guys.

Comment

lol i just joined a game called "Headset Testing"

looks like i'm not the only one hehe

Comment

neil, looked for the folder but wasn't there ?

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                        neil, looked for the folder but wasn't there ?
                        It was there for about ten minutes then I got bored of waiting :-)

Comment

I couldn't find you either

Fancy setting up another time Neil?

Comment

Can someone tell me what to do on the bomb games? I got the bomb, went to the area as indicated on the compass with the flashing floor, and i havent a clue what i do with the bomb now.

Comment

Stare at the floor, hold down X until the progress bar completes.

Comment

OK 08:30 tonight?

Neil.

Comment

Working...
                                X