Tetris Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tetris Live?

I love Tetris lots. I have it on my GBA, but I was thinking about buying it on the Xbox to make use of the online multiplayer.

Questions:

? Does anyone actually play it?
    ? If people do play it, are they the ridiculously talented hardcore, who will wipe the floor with me, quickly rendering my disillusioned with the game, and effectively wrecking a digital love story that's gone on for something like 15 years?

I'm actually very interested to know aswell, it sounds quite good and it is an old classic. Any comments?

Comment

i got this, its pretty good fun, but there are some riduclously good people on live (but thats normal i guess) so much so that i have hardly played it after getting totally battered all the time.

there are a few annoying additions to this version too (depending on what version you played last maybe)
      you can store one peice in a box for use in emergencies, and you can also rotate the peices practically for ever, meaning they never lock into place quickly like the old gameboy version.
      i dont like these things much, but its still tetris, and i wouldnt mind playing against some slightly crap people like me.

Comment

This came free with my Xbox. Some folks are brilliant, but if you filter the matches by level you can find regular humans to play.

Pro Tip: more women play Tetris Live than any other Xbox game! I swear, it's littered with them. Pro Tip ends.

What bothers me about this version, more than the piece retention (and seven or eight deep Next Block list) is the feel: the pad is not being read nearly often enough for something as reflexive as Tetris, in my opinion. It's not like the Game Boy, where it's instant.

However, I'm noticing this an awful lot with 1UP Pandora Tomorrow as well -- having to hold down buttons instead of just press them -- so Tetris Live is not the soul offender.

Pro Tip 2: When your mates see you playing Tetris on their friends list, they will give you flak next time you see them.

Comment

Who remembers Dreamcast Next Tetris: Online Edition?

Comment

Tetris is now officially my most played game ever - I love Tetris so much.

My record now on Tetris DX on the GBC is 3946 lines... Anyone beat that?

Also if you want a really good challenge fire up Tetris Grand Master in mame and enable the 'big mode' cheat where the tetris blocks are effectively double size!

Comment

That whole hold the button rather than press thing seems to occure a lot on the xbox. Playing Halo 2 has just reminded me of it although I can't remember which other games used to do the same....

Comment

Working...
              X