DC Phantasy Star Online: The Final Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC Phantasy Star Online: The Final Weeks

First the US servers backend of last year, then the jp servers beginning of this.

It's all gone very quiet on the DC PSO front. Last night I clocked a total of 8/9 users on the entire EU server. It all seems like it's the end.

So to commemorate this valiant and revolutionary game I propose we organise some sort of meet this week, so those that still have your DC's dial-up ready and setup - make the effort to wave one final goodbye. I'm pretty sure the servers will be shut down completely very soon (i.e within the next month).

I'll be online from about 7/8pm tonight and most nights until the end of next week playing with a few friends i've met that still play it!

Reply here and we'll organise a suitable date.

Just to update, myself and meanface (from rllmuk) will be meeting tonight - 29/04/04 - at 8pm on EU/Lapetus, The First Block.

My Chars name is Ikaruga
    Meanfaces name is Oliver

Hell, I didn't even know that the DC PSO servers were still up? Is this PSO 1?

Ole' Paleboy would love to come out for a jaunt!

Comment

It's Dreamcast PSO v1 or v2

The european server is the only one left standing. Hence the reason for this meet!

Gunrock, are you in for tonight?

Comment

There is a free server that's been kind of fan-coded by a couple of guys. It's pretty well populated, but does have a hack ship, which has caused a few glitches to my chars. There's legit only ones too, which i usually hang out on.

There's a way of connecting to it through the DC version using Gameshark codes. Most people play on the PC version though, and DC and PC folks can't quest together. They can do normal level runs though. The whole thing runs off PSO Version 2, which the original PC version was based on, too. The founders of this server are treating it as free advertising for the upcoming PC version of Ep 1+2, so if you like it, buy it when it comes out.

This is a guide that a friend of mine made on how to connect using the PC version. If I find out how he connected using the DC version, I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
        X