X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFXI Europe Beta Testing: Advise Please

Hello,

I'd appreciate some advice on the following:

I revieved an e-mail yesterday (Saturday) morning, from Square Enix Europe, with an invitation to apply as a beta tester for a possible European release of FFXI. This is an invitation only offer.

I'm tempted to apply for it. But, as some people already know, I already have the US version imported.

What should I do?

Thanks,
    Vanicent.

Keep playing the US version?

I wouldn't beta test it with a bunch of newbies tbh. You have the full game anyway...

Comment

Actually, Razz, that was close to my first thought. Although I didn't consider the "bunch of newbies" part.

Yep, I do have the full game, so I don't know why I'd want to beta test something that might not even get released...

Comment

Don't bother with beta testing, if it was a brand new game you'd never played before you might say yes, but there's no point when you've already got the USA version... =/

Comment

I took a look at the application form earlier today, and one of the fields reads along the lines of "Have you previously played FFXI?", with yes/no radio button next to it.

They probably suspect (or know) that the keen players will have imported the game already.

Wonder what would happed if I did apply, and answered 'Yes' to that question?

Comment

I applied in the stupid hope that they would be proffering a joint PS2/PC trial... But I doubt they'd trial the PS2 game.. Bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
              But I doubt they'd trial the PS2 game..
              Now that you mention it, there is no mention (on the e-mail) of the format. All it says in any technical sense is a mention of testing my Internet connection while I get a sneak preview of the NA version.

You're probably right though, and they'll start with the PC version...

Comment

I think it's in their best interests to trial the PS2 version so that they can see how the HDD works with european PS2s.

They did it in the US too...

But really, what's the point in a beta when you have the real thing. I know I wouldn't leave the good players that I play with behind for a beta with a bunch of clueless people. Hence the "bunch of newbies" statement

anyways, what's your character status vanicent?

Comment

Not as advanced as I would like, tbh:

- Level 27 Warrior (Main) and very close to level 28,
                  - Level 15, in total, Monk support job.

Equipment is all pretty good too, mainly Beetle Armour and a Battle Axe. My only problem right now is that I'm short on money, so I need to do a little farming. But, that shouldn't be too tricky...

Also, I realise that's a lot better than I would be if I agreed to beta test the game for a possible European release, which is another reason why I doubt I'll be applying, as I'd have to start from scratch again.

Comment

Lot of disrespect for the new players being shown... you were one once you know

Comment

Yes but the amount of stupid things you see people doing/saying is just unacceptable.

Comment

Unacceptable? To who, you? Everyone pays their money just the same as you do.

Comment

Sorry to dive in here, and I hope I have this line of conversation correct, but as a seasoned MMO player myself, there is a world of difference between a new player whom is clueless and a new player who is simply an asshat.

Comment

I agree, there is a large difference.

Although sometimes, and no disrespect intended, it is tricky to tell newbies apart from the people who are being idiots.

Comment

Erm, anyone who plays FFXI knows the amount of crap that goes on in Valkurm/Qufim. It's awful, and unacceptable behaviour, not just to me, but to everyone with half a brain.

Darwock, don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. Unless you actually promote the sort of behaviour, such as macroing silly comments to /shout. and just /shouting things such as "**** you fag" etc etc.

Such awful behaviour that Japanese players are pretty rare to find in those zones.

Maybe you should read some FFXI forums and see the number of complaints against these type of players, then shove the word "disrespect" in my face.

Comment

Working...
                              X