No announcement yet.

Assault tonite old boys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At present I am guilty of only having (full) gear and macro's fun my level but once I hit 75 I will have a major sort out and make sure I have sufficient gear and macros for the important level caps so I can do stuff like this. Assault points are Assault points, whatever the level... Just don't expect me to repeat Imperial Agent Rescue too many times /shudder.

Comment

Tal for RDM are you finding the macro space enough, I'm already struggling to cope with so few lines. I'm seriously considering windower for the first time but not sure. Maybe a programmable keyboard would do I basicalyl need full gear swaps for healing MP, MND build, INT build and Convert.

Comment

Yeah I get by... just!

Basically I have a macro for MND gear and a macro for INT gear (this is things that don't change so much like rings, earrings and feet). Then on a particular spell I macro in the gear in need (body, neck, staff etc).

So to cast Paralyze I would hit the MND macro then the Paralyze one. If I was following up with another MND spell like Slow you would go straight to that. If it was an INT spell like Gravity or a Nuke then hit INT followed by the spell.

Doing it this way you basically get 11 (I think!) pieces of equipment changed plus the spell.

Healing and Converting I have seperate macros to give 5x either MP+ or MP Regen+ pieces, plus the spell.

I'm very happy with this method without using other out of game options.
        Last edited by talizker; 22-05-2007, 08:31.

Comment

Was speaking with Moot about his RDM macros the other day and he told me that for spells where stat boosting isn’t needed (spells like Haste, Refresh etc) he actually macros in Haste gear to lower the recast timer.

I was actually surprised that he actually had an idea like that. Thought it was quite clever.

Comment

It's interesting but I usually bridge the refresh and haste casts with other casting, I can see the point mind. If you're not enfeebling between casts it would speed the cycle however that means on cycles when you are casting you lose refresh on people for longer.

Have to have a think on that one...

What I do need is a Serket Ring, it's a luxury but so valuable for refresh. With that and an ether basically on /WHM you're at full MP and HP after casting.

Debating the value of a Shaman's Cloak as well it does give extra elemental grunt but loses fast cast macroing in the cloak.

Comment

I don't actually have any Haste+ gear. Thats interesting and something I may take a look at (asuming it doesn't cost to much to do the trial lol!).

Comment

I’m not sure how much Haste gear he has (or is available to RDM). I think he uses Swift Belt (“Free”), Dusk Gloves and Dusk Ledelsons (far from free). Not a massive amount of Haste (9% I think) so you’re talking a couple of seconds off the timer (although this will stack higher if he gives himself Haste spell). I think he only did it as he actually had the Haste gear already from his Blue Mage but if it’s there, it may as well get used.

Hmmm, just wondering if he will use Turban at 75 for 5% Haste. I’m going to assume not due to the ‘Enhances “Fast Cast” effect’ on AF.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  Right then, I will set aside 2 Assault tags for Wednesday evening if you can make that (I had Sky and Limbus today and Dynamis tomorrow evening otherwise I would do sooner).

Pick 2 of the following Lance Corporal missions and they are the ones we will try and run.
                  If you're still good for a couple of Assaults tonight then either you can choose what you'd prefer (i've not done any yet) or we will do 2 based on the number of people coming.

Anyone else interested in Lance Corporal Assaults tonight?

Comment

What level is lance corporal?

Comment

Lance Corporal are the tier 4 missions.

I'm still up for these Tal around 8:30pm/9pm though. I'd prefer if you chose which to do but if it comes down to only having 3 people I'd recommend Demolition Duty, Evade and Escape or Shooting Down the Baron as the most straighforward with fewer people.

Comment

I think you can choose the level cap on all the Assaults (50, 60, 70 or uncapped). What you need is Assault rank points to progress up the ranks to open the specific missions. You need 25 points to get the quest for the next rank. You receive 5 points for a 1st time clear and 1 point for a repeat.

Private Second Class
                        Private First Class
                        Superior Private
                        Lance Corporal
                        Corporal
                        Sergeant
                        Sergeant Major
                        Chief Sergeant

Comment

That reminds me, I need to finish the Promotion: Sergeant quest before we do these otherwise I won’t get any rank up points for the repeats.

Comment

I still need my last L4 I should be around tonight so if we could do Mamook that would be great. Would likely be after the champs league final mind

Comment

You progressed on any Lance Corporal missions since we did Evade & Escape Tal?

With Apa not being online for a while, me and Moot cleared our first Corporal missions last night. We did Counting Sheep, Searat Salvation (funny) and Building Bridges.

I’m 5 rank points (1 clear) away from Sergeant Major rank so I think we will be running The Double Agent (Mamool Ja Training Grounds Corporal mission) on Friday evening before I access my promotion quest.

I’ve repeated the Lance Corporal mission in the Leujeaum Sanctum a few times now in a trio setup and won them all for massive (1000+) points so can repeat that with 3 if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                                You progressed on any Lance Corporal missions since we did Evade & Escape Tal?
                                Unfortunately not. I've not had much play time this last week other than the Merit party and Monday's ToAU Mission.

I also seem to suffer the annoyance of being one tier lower than the Assaults being /shouted for... I should be good for Assaults tomorrow evening if anyone is interested in the Lance Corporal ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X