No announcement yet.

Assault tonite old boys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Promotion: Sergeant Major this evening (that's right Tobal, you don't outrank me any more *stare*) so hoping to get Siegemaster Assassination cleared tommorrow evening before Salvage (as early as possible).

Maybe even a couple of Sergeant missions if we get time.

With Second Lietenant now available, I am more keen than ever.

Comment

Me and Moot (with the help of Dj, Zavala, Ceridwen and a japanese player named Aocky) cleared another 2 Assaults yesterday evening putting me 8 clears to Second Lietenant rank and I have no cleared every mission up to and including Corporal rank, and 1 Sergeant mission.

Siegemaster Assassination (Lebros Cavern Corporal) was over before it even began with the hidden boss being identifed on the third kill. 3 NIN, 1 WAR and 2 RDM really ripped into that one

Second clear was Imperial Treasure Recovery (Mamool Ja Training Grounds Sergeant) which was an incredibly fun game of tag. We didn't do exceptionally well so it's one that I'd like to repeat to try and get a better score on.

Me, Moot, Aocky and Gael also attempted Stop the Boodshed (Periqia Sergeant) and was going incredibly well then we unluckily aggroed 2 of the Lamia we had to really dodge and wiped.

If anyone is interested, I have arranged further Sergeant missions (probably 2 runs) for Friday evening at 7pm. Stop the Boodshed and Apkallu Breeding most likely.

Comment

Hopefully we’ll be attempting 1 or 2 Sergeant missions this evening if anyone is interested. Will have to be early (6:30pm ish) as I have Dynamis.

Comment

Yes please! ...oh wait, too high and too early

Are other people finding pick ups ok for Assaults? Not having much joy at the moment but then i've not had time to hang in aht urhgan whitegate for any great length of time waiting.

Comment

A lot I've grabbed one other Rargher or AaDer and then shouted to fill up the last space. I've grabbed a few pickups as well, should be easier now as I've decided there are a number of yigit items I'm after getting so I can focus on points from mamool first for the hands.

As for tonight I should be around rare and would be ace to do 2 x Sergeant only one I have cleared is the akpallu breeding. I need 3 new clears for rank 7.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
              Yes please! ...oh wait, too high and too early

Are other people finding pick ups ok for Assaults? Not having much joy at the moment but then i've not had time to hang in aht urhgan whitegate for any great length of time waiting.
              Apologies for you getting left behind on Assault Tal. Unfortunately, my own eagerness for Second Lieutenant (and Moot?s for Chief Sergeant) have meant we?ve pushed on whenever possible and with my own schedule becoming increasingly punishing (Dynamis, Limbus, HNM and now Salvage) I have to take opportunities to do Assault whenever I can (usually early evenings).

I do occasionally see shouts but they are not common. A week back or so I saw a player shouting for Lance Corporal Leujeaum Sanctum on a regular basis so I ran them with him a number of times (I?m after 20k points for that area).

What tends to happen now is when me and Moot decide to run Assault, I?ll always ask on LS first if anyone is interested (very rare to get a response, usually only Tobal or Djtickle) so will then shout in Whitegate for members (the fact that I usually NEVER shout for anything is testament to how much I want to rank up ). I have also been taking the names of the pickups I get and asking them if they want me to invite them to any future Assaults that I set up. Everyone I?ve asked has always been open to this. Seems there is interest in Assault but a lack of people organising (although that seems to be the case for most things).

Also, by it?s very nature, the higher you rank up, the smaller number of potential recruits you have.

Comment

Rare if you're looking drop me a tell, unfortuantely most my time is on AaD but if I'm free I'd love to come

There is always mercenary Central as well, that runs about 10pm I think Rentowokay is shel holder and does a wide range of levels.

Comment

I do tend to do a /sea but often you're in Sky so I presume you're busy.

Comment

Aye probably ><;

Comment

I finally got promoted to PFC! Was quite a fun run I had with Mercenary Central. Very well organised place and Assault is looking fun! So far, I've not had any item that I really wanted but its just kinda fun to muck around! ^^

Comment

2 further Sergeant clears last night in Periqia (Stop the Bloodshed) and Lebros Cavern (Apkallu Breeding). 1 more clear, or 5 repeats, needed until Promotion: Chief Sergeant is available.

Stop the Bloodshed is actually a fun mission (despite going 1/4 on it) but Apkallu Breeding , whilst a sound mission in theory, felt like a cheap victory as we resorted to Wiki to clear it as I don’t think any of us had a solid understanding Morse Code needed to understand and solve the mission.

I did check for people who had expressed LS interest but they were either offline or in Sky doing triggers.

Next Assault I am running will be early Friday evening so again, the option is there if anyone wants in. Will be running Supplies Recovery (Sergeant Leujaoam Sanctum) which needs as much DD potential as possible. As I am one clear away it will only be one mission as I will then have to work on my promotion.

Also, only 7000 Imperial Standing away from the amount needed for Perdu Blade, so it seems to be coming together nicely.

Comment

Another Sergeant clear last night (Supplies Recovery in Leujaoam Sanctum) which was enough to activate my Promotion: Chief Sergeant quest. Currently in progress so hopefully should rank up this evening leaving me with 5 more clears needed for Second Lietenant.

Also, thanks to 2 Besieged and a couple of Aht Urghan quests I'm just over 5000 Imperial Standing away from the amount needed for Perdu Blade.

After my Supplies Recovery clear I was 500 points away from the 20000 needed for the Pahluwan armour piece so the group ran it again and I've added this to my gear set:

Can be stored with a Porter Moogle using Storage Slip 01. Cannot be auctioned, traded, or bazaared, but can be delivered to a character on the same account. Cannot be obtained as a random reward from the Gobbie Mystery Box Special Dial and similar sources.

No more silly pointy hat for my weapon skills

Next target is the body piece I think from Ilrusi Atoll.

Can be stored with a Porter Moogle using Storage Slip 01. Cannot be auctioned, traded, or bazaared, but can be delivered to a character on the same account. Cannot be obtained as a random reward from the Gobbie Mystery Box Special Dial and similar sources.
                          Last edited by C'; 25-06-2007, 07:14.

Comment

Chief Sergeant attained and 44000 Imperial Standing.

Comment

Provided Moot is able to rank up today whilst I’m at work (he’s on the
                              bit) we should be attempting our final Sergeant mission this evening (Akpallu Seizure) if anyone else is interested.

If we have time, we may also attempt a Sergeant Major mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Wynth View Post
                                I finally got promoted to PFC! Was quite a fun run I had with Mercenary Central. Very well organised place and Assault is looking fun! So far, I've not had any item that I really wanted but its just kinda fun to muck around! ^^
                                Are you in an assault Shell Wynth? And if so do they do capped runs?

I could be doing with a longer lasting Sanction more than anything, so doing assaults in the background whilst I'm away would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X