Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 2007 Version Update (Rescheduled Date - 5th June 2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated the first post with patch details.

The notes also provide a link to a page detailing Einherjar:

Looks like the rewards for this are similar to Limbus in that obtains obtained in the battlefield are used to purchase items from an NPC (in Nashmau).

Also, confirms that Abjurations can be received from the the Armoury Crates in the battlefields.

Comment

Einherjar

3. Abjurations
      Several types of new and old abjurations can be obtained from the crates. All cursed items and abjurations should be taken to Alphollon C Meriard for "spiritual cleansing."

We need to get into this! 180k between us to enter! Thats pretty good, would be awsome to get this going!
      Last edited by djtickle; 05-06-2007, 17:54.

Comment

I still think 25k would have been a better figure to charge the CC at.

Comment

Thoughts:

Einherjar sounds interesting. Cost is 180000 gil for the item needed to get in but this can be split between all participants (unlike Cosmo Cleanse) so works out at 5k each if you go with a maximum of 36 people. Obviously if we do Rargh runs we may have to pay more dependning on interest.

The fact that it seems to be Limbus-Aht urghan appeals greatly but it seems only the first 2 wings are available at this time (similar to how when Dynamis was introduced, the Northlands ones came in a following update).

Mog Locker to 80 will be the final upgrade I guess (S-E have said each storage option can only hold 80 items). Make the most of this I guess. How did I manage without it?

No EXP loss in missions is WRONG! I guess this won't affect Divine Might as this is a quest, not a mission.

Reduced use time of Snoll salts is ridiculous. That fight will be piss now.

Cosmo Cleanse update - Not as much as some were expecting but it helps the old wallet.

New CoP for each month?! I'll stick with Rajas thanks.

Can't say I'm surprised about having to redo the quest fights for the reward earrings. But the wording is confusing. Can you redo the quest multiple times and horde all rewards or do you have to discard one to receive another. I don't think the text is clear on that.

Comment

I guess now we wait for the download to hit and the DAT mining can commence. Expect lots of new goodies here to come from Einherjar. Also, new abjurations could be chock full of Win!

Comment

The following items can now be easily re-obtained in the event they are accidentally discarded:

1. Tavnazian Ring
              Speak with Justinius in the Tavnazian Safehold to receive the item again. Players who discard the item after re-receiving it from Justinius must wait until the next Conquest tally before they will be allowed to obtain another.

2. Rajas Ring/Sattva Ring/Tamas Ring
              Enter the Marble Bridge Eatery to receive the reward again. Players who discard the reward after receiving it must wait 27 Earth days before they will be allowed to obtain another. Players can learn how many more days they must wait by visiting the Marble Bridge Eatery at least a day after they discard the reward.

3. Suppanomimi/Knight's Earring/Abyssal Earring/Beastly Earring/Bushinomimi
              Return to the location where the quest "Divine Might" is activated and accept the quest again. Complete the quest to receive another earring. Players who discard the earring after obtaining a new one must wait until the next Conquest tally before they will be allowed to accept the quest once more.

4. Static Earring/Magnetic Earring/Hollow Earring/Ethereal Earring
              Target the ??? in the Empyreal Paradox and erase all memories of the quests "Shadows of the Departed" and "Apocalypse Nigh." Complete these quests again to obtain one of the earrings listed above.

I guess that means no ring hoarding

Comment

Hmm just noticed there are no updates for PLD, DRK or SAM. Surely some mistake!!!!

I forget when the last update was when these jobs didn't get something new

Comment

BLM fix pls - 90 damage on a tier 4 MB spell against god mobs might be down to magic resistance, but just how much of it do they need?

You could argue that I don't have enough elemental magic, but at most I'm short of +7 or so outside of Merits - is my damage going to magically increase several times just because I have like 3 or so pts in the stat? I think not.

Comment

Looks good, be interesting to go take a look round 180k is pretty cheap. Would be very interested to see what a balanced party can do, mostly though abj > all I suspect these will be the ones from kings as there's no real need for a enw fountain for the ones from sky.

Comment

Apparently (and this is not confirmed by any stretch yet) the Blau Dolch/maneater style katana I mentioned a couple of weeks back in the Assault thread has now been named as Perdu Blade (previously the stats for the weapon indicating it was Perdu were there but no name) suggesting that it is coming soon.

Whether it's an IS purchase (and maybe delayed until new Assault) I'm still curiously optimitsic. Currently 21 rank points off tier 7 so a bit of a way to go yet.

Comment

Hmm, i wonder how many Snoll shouts they'll be later, i bet you could even solo this now. Salt has had RARE/EX removed and is AHable, also usage from 10 seconds to 1 >.>

They've really gone to town on the gimp-house, at least Airship looks untouched, it'll be even harder to clear now, with all the Snoll passes.

Comment

Some DATs:

Looks like there are 2 new cursed sets in there.

Seriously, do WAR/DRK/PLD really need another set of abjuration armour
                          Last edited by C'; 05-06-2007, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                            Apparently (and this is not confirmed by any stretch yet) the Blau Dolch/maneater style katana I mentioned a couple of weeks back in the Assault thread has now been named as Perdu Blade (previously the stats for the weapon indicating it was Perdu were there but no name) suggesting that it is coming soon.

Whether it's an IS purchase (and maybe delayed until new Assault) I'm still curiously optimitsic. Currently 21 rank points off tier 7 so a bit of a way to go yet.
                            I can't see them making such a powerful weapon mainstream, at least not to begin with - unless they changed the drop rate on the others or removed them from their BCs and added IS to them instead.

Comment

You do know the Perdu weapons in the last update are basically Blau Dolch/Maneater style weapons and all 4 were purchasable with IS at the current highest Assault rank for 40k points right?

Not that I'm saying it will be for sure of course, this could come from elsewhere obviously.
                              Last edited by C'; 05-06-2007, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                                You do know the Perdu weapons in the last update are basically Blau Dolch/Maneater style weapons and all 4 were purchasable with IS at the current highest Assault rank for 40k points right?
                                No I don't, thats the reason for my last post

Comment

Working...
                                X