No announcement yet.

August Version Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The following is a sample of what awaits adventurers in the next version update:

Treasures of Aht Urghan Missions

The final battle is about to begin, and the fate of the Empire is in your hands! Join forces with companions new and old to unlock the mysteries hidden in this final chapter of the epic Aht Urhgan missions!

For a recap of previous missions, click here.
    It is recommended that players who have not yet completed "Playing the Part" avoid viewing the aforementioned link.

Besieged

To oppose the overwhelming power of the level 8 beastmen forces, Al Zahbi's five Serpent Generals have spent the previous months honing their skills. In addition, the Empire will be putting into effect a decree which allows additional distribution of temporary items after a certain number of invaders have been defeated. Finally, if the beastmen forces are not defeated by the Empire, or capture the Astral Candesence, they will automatically retreat one Earth hour after their arrival in Al Zahbi.

Einherjar

In an effort to lower the difficulty level of Einherjar, the HP of all monsters in the Hazhalm Testing Grounds will be reduced in the upcoming version update.
    We will make further adjustments should this challenging area continue to prove excessively difficult.

Assault Mission "Nyzul Isle Investigation"

Currently, the data for the highest floor you have investigated in Nyzul Isle will be deleted after defeating the monsters on Floor 100. Unlike with other floors, this removes the possibility of retrying the floor in an attempt to obtain the treasure you seek.
    As of the next version update, the data will still be deleted after clearing Floor 100, but in exchange for the loss of data, the chance for obtaining the armor pieces will be increased to 100%.
    While clearing to Floor 100 is no easy task, we are sure there are heroes out there that are up to the challenge!

The Chocobo Hot and Cold Game

Chocobo Abilities
    Resting your chocobo for thirty six hours (Earth time) after playing the Chocobo Hot and Cold game will allow you to dig twice more, as well as increase your chances to "hit the jackpot" the next time you play the game.
    Furthermore, chocobos of players who succeed at finding treasure in any area three times in a row will temporarily gain the "Treasure Finder" ability. Chocobos that already have "Treasure Finder" will have the effect of the ability temporarily doubled.

Chocobucks
    A new reward will soon be available in the form of vouchers that can be exchanged for chocobucks, with the chocobuck reward varying with the difficulty of the area.
    The vouchers will always be found inside the treasure chests in addition to the standard rewards.

Limit Break Quests

With the current level of advancement of the majority of the player base, it has become increasingly difficult to find fellow adventurers who have yet to complete the limit break quests. In an effort to alleviate the woes of newer players, the limit break quests from level 50 to level 60 will have their difficulty reduced in the following manner:

Level 50 "In Defiant Challenge"
    Drop rates for the quest items will be improved.

Level 55 "Atop the Highest Mountains"
    The relative strength of the quest monsters will be reduced so that a party of six level 51 characters will be able to defeat them.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
      Level 55 "Atop the Highest Mountains"
      The relative strength of the quest monsters will be reduced so that a party of six level 51 characters will be able to defeat them.
      This is ok I suppose, prevents sponging from higher levels and makes a real party out of the quest (people will still sponge).

Einherjar

In an effort to lower the difficulty level of Einherjar, the HP of all monsters in the Hazhalm Testing Grounds will be reduced in the upcoming version update.
      We will make further adjustments should this challenging area continue to prove excessively difficult.
      How long's it been going?

Comment

Yeah but from what i hear in Einherjar people have been managing 1 win in about 20 goes... If it stays like that people will just stop doing it as its a waste of gil for an organised event that big.

Comment

Hehe, had to chuckle at the Einherjar announcements. The time between S-E adding difficult content then making it easier seems to be dropping exponentially.

Here’s a sneak peak at the patch notes for the update when Wings of the Goddess is released in November:

Mission Related

The first 2 chapters of the exciting new Wings of the Goddess storyline are now available. We hope players enjoy the new and exciting challenges these missions will provide.

Due to the high difficulty of the new Wings of the Goddess missions, the development team have made the following changes:

- Battlefield monsters will now no longer react to player actions until their hit points have been reduced by 50%.
          - The medicine items Potion, Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Ether and Hi-Ether will now grant all players within the battlefield with Invincibility status.
          - All players entering the battlefield will now receive 300TP upon entry.
          Last edited by C'; 02-08-2007, 13:43.

Comment

Shamelessly stolen from a poster at Allakhazam but it made me almost spit coke over my work desk. Regarding the Besieged time limit:

Eidolic Qufeel Ja: ONWARD TO VICTORY! The Astral Candescence is before our very eyes!
            Mamool Ja: Oy, mate. What time is it?
            Eidolic Qufeel Ja: ... It's tea time! RETREAT!

Comment

The beseiged changes are retarded I don't like those at all, they should fight till the end.

Einherjar is interesting, it is obscenely hard and very few LSes have cleared. Most that have are packing lots of god and king gear in general unless they get lucky. Wait and see what they have done with this one, LSes I would say are good have failed 2 - 3 mobs short of the boss at time out so if that lines these guys up but doe not go to far may tune it correctly. By good I'm talking Riddler WARs, Kraken DRKs etc not just standard sky gear and they're not making it over the line.

Last run by some mates was an almost instant wipe, they picked up worms and the initial ga's wiped the alliance in under 4 seconds.

Comment

New Assault Missions and Mercenary Rank (07/08/2007)

In the upcoming version update, we will be adding a new promotion quest to unlock the next mercenary rank, as well as a series of exciting assault missions.

New Mercenary Rank
                The mercenary rank of "First Lieutenant" will be awarded to players who survive the grueling trials put forth by the hard-nosed drill sergeant, Rongelouts. Do you have what it takes, maggot?

New Assault Missions
                Five new missions await players who have achieved the rank of First Lieutenant.
                Here's a sneak preview of what lies in store:

Bloody Rondo

Mission Orders: After years of quietly defying Imperial rule, the recluse Count Dracula has recently begun preparations for an assault on Al Zahbi. Infiltrate the Leujoam Sanctum, locate the count, and slay him before he can execute his plans.

The Susanoo Shuffle

Mission Orders: In an attempt to strengthen their bonds with the Mamool Ja, an eastern nation has provided the beastmen with a new biologically engineered hydra hybrid known as Orochi. You are to infiltrate the training grounds and eliminate the new threat.

Comment

Dracula? Wtf?

Just seems so out of place for a FF

Comment

How so? Almost every NM in the game is based off some myth or legend.

Comment

True, but all these NMs aren't something that would look out of place in another FF game.

Actually, I'm not really sure how I feel about something like this - it just struck me as being a little strange, let's bring in Jack the Ripper next.

Comment

"Jack the Ripper" was real not mythical ... whoever he/she was people say that Jack went to america once he became too notorious.

Dracula is kinda outa place ... would have thought he'd turn up in the other continents

Comment

New head armor show ^^

Like the one on the galka ninja!

Rewards prehaps for completing TAoU?
                          Last edited by djtickle; 09-08-2007, 14:01.

Comment

New head armor show ^^

Like the one on the galka ninja!

Rewards prehaps for completing TAoU?
                            I still want back

My crown that that thieving mithra whore took from me It would look so cool on me and I really can't be bothered going after the opo crown right now

I don't think the new beastmen headpieces will be ToAU rewards, they'll probably use them in a similar way to the previous beastmen headpieces.

Comment

You lie!

Nothing looks cool on you.

Bearded Hume 4tl

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                                You lie!

Nothing looks cool on you.

Bearded Hume 4tl
                                Two words for you my friend - "swim" and "suit"

H-A-W-T

Seriously though, have you seen this pic?

Now tell me nothing looks good on bearded hume massive piratey beard ftw

Comment

Working...
                                X