Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pit:

Comment

OMG, I think I've finally found something that isn't a storyline mission that I can actually be bothered with. This sounds like a really cool addition to the game.

And to think I was considering giving up on the game now that I've sorted ToAU.

Just so long as there's not a list of stupidly expensive items needed to get anywhere with this thing as long as my arm, I'd probably be spending alot of time with this.

Comment

heh that sounds good.

Comment

Maybe we finally have the Pokemon MMORPG that I’ve been wanting forever XD

Comment

The only problems I can see this bringing are all new reasons for people to completely monopolize powerful mobs/NMs.

Surely a monster with the strength of a Behemoth or Dragon would prove unstoppable by anything other than a similar monster? Is this going to be fairly balanced or need only the elite apply?

Comment

Well sounds like I'll be dragging Jormungand down there then, this could be fun hope there's some nice stuff to be had!

Comment

I'd wager unique NMs such as Dragons and Behemoths wouldn't work directly, but you'd still be able to use their strength in a rabbit for example. This would need careful thought and proper application to remain fair and balanced.

Such powerful monsters could have limits imposed on them perhaps that wouldn't normally apply to lesser monsters.

Comment

I'd imagine you can let rip whatever you can get, be a bit crap otherwise. Who wants to go fight rabits and junk?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                    I'd imagine you can let rip whatever you can get, be a bit crap otherwise. Who wants to go fight rabits and junk?
                    I was only thinking that HNMs and the like would be unusable due to this paragraph taken from the webpage:

"But what can you do with those soul plates that can't be forged into soul reflectors? Some monsters (such as beastmen) have such strong wills that it is impossible to coerce them into fighting for you. However, that doesn't mean you can't take advantage of their skills and teach those techniques to more impressionable monsters. Try trading one of these unforgeable plates and a reflector to a Pit attendant. If certain conditions are met, the attendant will take the skills from that plate and add them to the monster on your reflector! Imagine the sort of havoc a forest hare with deadly dark knight abilities could wield upon its enemies!"

I would imagine something like Jormungand would be one such monster with too strong a will of it's own. Also, I think I've found the answer to my balance concern. The webpage says nothing about monsters taking on the physical stats of HNMs and such like, merely their abilities. I would imagine that a forest hare with a breath attack taken from Jormungand for example, would still only hit for something like double figure damage, depending of course on the opponent's monster's stats as well as the attacking hare's stats.

Comment

That's a lot of **** ups by S-E there. I'm starting to think they just did any random **** with the previous update and threw it out there untested.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                        http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews11242.shtml

That's a lot of **** ups by S-E there. I'm starting to think they just did any random **** with the previous update and threw it out there untested.
                        I certainly get that based on most of these updates - I have "fond" memories of the lolthfknife update which saw many DC instantly upon entering random areas. My area just happened to be one which didn't have an actual zone line, so I had to ask Van to log me in and move me. Sod's law really, I have zero luck with this game at the best of times.

Good thing there's someone I know and trust with my details, or I could have been trapped down there in the Empyreal Paradox for weeks ;_;

Comment

Adjustment on the accuracy of weapon skills "Guillotine" and "Penta Thrust."

lol thx SE, its bad as it is so they must be makin it better.

Comment

Not what I've been reading. I believe Penta Thrust is now 'Accuracy varies with TP' and many DRG at AK say that with minimal/no accuracy gear they are landing all hits regularly at 100TP.

Comment

hmmm. well they might be doin one + and one -. They never made any changes to Guillotine id be surprised if this was not a buff.

Comment

I doubt S-E have a clue what they will be doing to them tbh.

They probably picked 2 weapon skills out of a hat.

Comment

Working...
                                X