Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't get many skillups as my arrows kept missing (396 for 11 skillups) and bit on my polearms

archery - 113, polearm - 111 both need to be in the 160's ?_?

Rare's also got taste of the O.Kotes

Comment

Oh yeah lol, wore the Kotes and now I have to get meself a pair. May camp Mee Deggi the Punisher tomorrow or Sunday.

Unfortunately Tobal I find levelling a ranged skill is much harder than melee skills. It seems harder to hit a mob with under-leveled ranged attacks than it is with under levelled melee strikes so when you have to graduate up through mobs that provide skill appropriate to your level rather than just picking a really high level mob and hitting away.

Comment

I wouldn't camp them friday night, all saturday or sunday, weekends are a terrilbe time to camp them, alot more campers turn up cos they can wait all day, compared 1 or 2 monday-thursday nights.

Comment

Going by my experience at attempting to keep level 15 (and failing) I could be under lvl17 for a long time. The journey was awful, I kept getting chased and killed in the desert, but when I finally got through it was easy afterwards. I'll be on tonight, but I'm not sure how long I'll be under 17. Depends on how hard a lot of the missions in Bastock are, I guess.

Comment

Yeah - fair enough Siege. We can see where we are all at towards the end of next week and take it from there. I will try and get some good time in (except Monday when I will be fitting my new MB/CPU ) to get that EXP up.

After getting Lvl 11 last night and purchasing a new sword and some other equipment I took a look in Korroloka Tunnel.... Surfice to say I didn't stay very long !!!

Comment

Dunno Where Ill Be Tonight But With Work All Day Tomorrow I May Go
              Sit In Quicksand Caves Again Was Nice To Fight Him And See Him
              But The Lack Of Drop Was A Little Harsh

Comment

Im planning to lvl bst more tonight.

Then maybe starting a new character, what is the best character class for a Thief.

Comment

mithra, no question about it

Comment

Wow No Suprise Here, He Didnt Spawn
                    Ill Probably Log On Tomorrow About 12.30 am [After Midnight] To Check AH
                    If Anyone Wants Try Anyday After That I Am Game

Comment

finally got to try the great summon itself, but i hate this thing so much at the moment ; ;

Fenrir : 4 - Nyoneme : 0
                      Last edited by Vikas; 09-10-2004, 19:52.

Comment

Yea he is indeed a bit of a c**t to fight, but thats what makes him so good. i tip my hat to SE on that one, no one will be able to get powered through this one at lvl daft by a few 75s.

can i ask what your PT set up is, i notice pld,whm,nin,thf but what are the other 2?

when i beat him, my PT was whm,whm,rdm,blm,war/nin,pld/nin(yes strange but utsusemi ni was fantastic inthis battle) rdm most definately i was greatful to have with me, thier enfeebling made it such that spells such as slow and para stuck, and stayed on for a while. the extra whm was there specifically to 2hour when fen did astral, and basically just kept up haste and protect/shell to the 2 melee when they got despelled.

ive still to go back for the key item needed for smn ring quest, already obtained the avatar itself and fenrir torc.

in answer to your question you have in one of your pics, the purpose of the fountain is revealed in windurst missions 16-20 ^^

Comment

PT Setup was :

NIN73, PLD74, THF74, BRD73, BLM75, WHM71
                          (though me and the blm delvled ; ; )

Note: The person in the alliance was a WHM who waited outside the arena to raise iii us incase we died. This battle is otherwise very harsh on WHMs, due to reraise being useless as Fenrir dispells it (and the range is very big near impossible to miss) and having to eat a 4k exp loss per death is not nice..

The first time we fought, the battle started off well for the first few minutes, but when Fenrir reached at about 1/2 hp when it all went wrong. I was only just about keeping the ninja alive by spamming cure III and V. Fenrir has an attack called Eclipse bite is a 3 fold attack, and it takes 3 shadows of the Ninja, and its unlikey a nin has 3 shadows available in the first place due to some having taken previous attacks, so he usually takes about 600-900 dmg as well as the shadows gone. We managed to last out but when the brd played both dark carol to the melee and mages, it was immediately wiped out with Fenrir's dispellaga and then immedate 2hr. The nin died and soon so did the rest of us.

Second time was even worse, 1 min in and nin got hit my eclipse bite and then a critical attack, taking 900 + 400 dmg immediaetly killing him, pld tried to tank, but even with vermillion, auto-refresh, ballad 1+2 and a yagudo drink, the MP needed to heal a pld taking 200 damage per hit was too high, i used vile elixers to keep it up once, but we couldnt last out as a special attack killed him soon enough. Not to mention the hate i received during this was at the limit, i was 40 hp a lot during this battle (stun kept me alive about 4 times while paladin got hate back)

Third and Forth times were better, both getting Fenrir to 1/4hp but both times the BLM overnuked killing him, (i raised him on 3rd and he used manafont to continue, but 2hr killed killed him again). The pld and nin both kept hate on fenrir throughout the battle and pld voked it off every speical attack that hit the ninja, but this didnt last long enough.

Though on the 3rd try the 2hr knocked everyone except the pld, thf and brd. PLD died quick, but the thf and brd, with +Eva and +acc songs, they both lasted for a very long time, it was impressive to see a thf acually trying to solo fenrir lol. THF eva is so high that nearly 70% of the attack missed him and with both levels of utsusemi it took the other hits, he used about 8 hi-potions and brd cured when it did special attacks but he soon finally fell, but he managed to solo about 1000 dmg :x

Im unsure what we are gonna try next, we might try with two utsusemi tanks instead of one and also try a blm instead of a thf for more damage. We will see how our next try turns out. He isnt invincible, there were times when we though we had it, but it can be one moment where it can change from great to disaster which makes this battle so hard.
                          Last edited by Vikas; 09-10-2004, 19:19.

Comment

I Logged On To Check AH Tonight, And Decided To Foolishly Check Sagi X-XIII
                            He Was Up And I Screamed Onto My NA Ls For Back Up Only To Watch A WHM In Full AF And 2 Others Claim Him And Kill Him Effortlessly =_=

There Was No Drop, And I Did Learn That He Definately Has A 2 Hour Cool Down After Each Of His Spawns Before He Is Back To Lotto Spawning

Comment

I think it would be a good idea to list the Job you intend to use for lvl 30 CoP Emptiness.

We will need a balanced set of jobs for it.

RDM - lvl 30 Just need to buy some equipment and im ready.

Comment

I Would Be Ranger 8) I Also Need To Buy "Some" Equip

On Another Note, I GOT LOXLEY BOW WOOT!
                                At About 12.20am When Me And Wedge Were Doing Final Sweep Of The
                                Room He Popped, Alittle Slower To Kill But We Got The Bow

Comment

Working...
                                X