Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'd go as BLM, although I'm still only lv20 in both blm and whm atm. Shouldn't take too long to get to 30 though

Comment

Have spent 3 night partying in Valkurm Dunes and so far it's been a mixture of good and fustrating. Friday night was best - teamed up with Jibex's party and got my head round the whole party / role / macro thing and got loads of exp. Saturday and Sunday I was quickly invited into parties but both nights it started good then people were leaving, not doing their job, waiting for members coming from San d'Oria etc. I got at least a lvl a night and am now 2/3 the way to 14 but it could have been so much better... At least I haven't dies there yet

I'm hoping to get to 16 by Thursday-ish then travel back to Bastok to buy some new equipment / spells then maybe team up with Siege and Darwock (how are you guys doing) to get some exp in Korroloka Tunnel before doing the subjob quest.

Which leads me on to a question... The items I need for the subjob quest started in Valkurm - am I best trying to party with other people who are after the items as well (not sure how rare a drop they are) or maybe asking a couple of you fine people to help me out???

Comment

the 3 items are all dropped from mobs in Valkurm, 2 of which you can EXP off. You'll have a pretty certain chance of getting a crab apron, they drop so easy and you exp off the crabs for a good while. the Damselfly Worm is dropped from Damselfly's and you'll have a good chance picking up one of these when you can exp off them at around the lv14-17 mark. Magicked Skull is the only bitch item, they drop off ghouls which only spawn at night and dispear at 4:00am game time. If you don't get a skull by the time your ready to head back and activate your sub just ask on the linkshell for help, pretty easy for one of us to teleport near Valkurm and help ya out

Comment

I've just got my summoner to 10 over in Windurst, but my RDM is still waiting at lvl 16 if I don't get there in time. I don't think there's anywhere appropriate to level up to 15 on that continent, but 10 seems to low to hit Valkurm from Selbina. it's going to be a struggle.

Got a little frustrated yesterday with the discovery of a new (to me) area, that can only be accessed if you have a one of each type of mage with you. That's going to render that location inaccessible to me 99.999% of the time, and as some quest items can only be got from there (so I'm told), it's a real pisser!

P.S. If there's a space for me on the Chains of Promathia exploration I'd be a 30 BLM.

Comment

We had a right funny bunch of people to party with, we had this 2 people from the same linkshell, eva(somthing) and drognan(rdm/war cos he like defence, but somehow has good equipment to backup his stupidity), eva was poorly equiped monk who couldn't at 1st get any skillchain right(took about 1hr) with drognan cheering his 'amazing' raging fist amazing damage for 121 damage, which later had us having to drag the mob infront of him to hit, i swear this guy could have been bot .... followws by drognan when our Blm d/c, called him a 'tosser' just as the blm rejoins with the blm going 'whats a tosser', it was bloody magical.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker
              Which leads me on to a question... The items I need for the subjob quest started in Valkurm - am I best trying to party with other people who are after the items as well (not sure how rare a drop they are) or maybe asking a couple of you fine people to help me out???

I got my crab apron and magicked skull through the course of regular partying in Valkurm, but by the time I hit 18 I hadn't seen a trace of a damselfly worm. I just stood at the Selbina gates shouting for assistance and somebody ran around picking off flies for me.

I can't believe how quick you guys are reaching your subjob.. I must have been a month and a half playing (if not longer) before I got there. I guess I probably focused too much on finishing quests rather than levelling up.

Comment

Yeap, decent weekend. Got plenty farming done, completed Tele-Altep quest (Show me the Money!) Camped Oozes in Beadeaux with Rare (Flash/Voke ownage, there are three mobs we tried to get, we got 2/3 each time, beating another couple ^^).
                Levelled from about 1k into lv 52 to well over 3k into lv 53. Two parties, Saturday evening owned, we had the deeper camp in Kuftal tunnel and were getting constant chains, racking up 8k in just under 4 hours. Last nights party was just hilarious, awful monk, weird rdm, but we did clock about 4k exp, not bad considering the mess we got into just trying to form the party/getting them to Kuftal.

Promyvion Info.
                I've nearly got all my gear together. Just need Kampfshuhs and Centurion's Great Axe and I'll be ready to roll. As I understand we have a Party good to go already: Rare, Nin/war, Tobal, Sam/war, Bayan, Rng/war, Mahlory, Whm/blm (or vice versa) Wedgemoon, Brd/whm and myself either War/mnk or War/thf - perhaps War/mnk being the better option as it will make me a better back up tank. - This partyformation of course open to discussion ^^

I'm a bit concerned about upcoming AFs - I would really like to have my gloves when I hit lv 54, but I think it unlikely I will get them before then. 1. I need an Eldieme Necropolis Key, which is supposed to be hard as nails and 2. to actually obtain the gloves I need to head to Castle Zvahl to fight Dark Spark : / (I understand everyone has to do this at some point?)

I know Walti is at the same junction, though he is already lv 54. Perhaps we can plan it for this weekend so we can all join in? I'm not sure an alliance isa good idea to obtain the keys, but if we all band together we can have the eldieme keyhunting out of the way for everyone who needs it (myself, Walti and Mahlory need one) I'll ask some of our higher level friends (who are mostly ex-linkshell) to come along to ease the pain.

Comment

Regarding Promyvion, once I can go there, I'll probably go with my current job, 31 WAR/15 MNK.

BTW, Mihki, I can lend you my Centurion's Great Axe for it, if you like?

Comment

Always good to read about the LS having a great weekend. Myself got some good farming done (Pashow is great), sold my Teleport-Altep scroll for 60k, levelled Blacksmithing up to 21 and still had enough gil left over in my current funds to purchase the new level 54 Katana I am after (Mukutsu+1). Unfortunately after a spate of AH listings in late August/early September another hasn?t shown up since September 11th which may hinder me somewhat. Will continue farming until another is listed I think.

Duo camping Ooze was mega-fun as after a few instances of missing pops at the start as we got our timing and camp spots down, we were practically owning the place over other campers. Best moment was dual pulling 2 Oozes that spawned simultaneously and killing both in time to claim the third pop a few minutes later.

However, best result for me over the weekend was COFFER GET! on Sunday morning. Had spent a fair few hours in Boyahda Tree hunting my coffer for the 56 AF armour, Ninja Hatsuburi. Planned to stay up on Saturday until I found it but tiredness crept in and I had to log. When I logged back in on Sunday morning I entered the tree and continually hit Tab key cycling through targets and there it was ?Treasure Coffer?. My heart skipped a beat but, OH NO!, it?s up on a high ledge which I have to go back through the tunnels to reach. I fire my Flee macro just in time to hear that familiar sparkle sound of a coffer being opened.

A SMN had popped it ><

/sigh

/cry

/sulk

The SMN responds with a friendly /comfort and informs me that the respawn time on the coffer is 30 mins. Head out to Sanctuary of Zi?tah to kill Goobbues until the time was up and when I enter again the coffer is sitting there in the third spawn point I check. So happy. This is actually te first AF piece I have obtained prior to being able to use it (not that it will actually replace my Emporer Hairpin of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                      I can't believe how quick you guys are reaching your subjob.. I must have been a month and a half playing (if not longer) before I got there. I guess I probably focused too much on finishing quests rather than levelling up.
                      I did a reasonable selection of Quests along with 1-x Missions. I got to the point with the quests that I had that they were either in areas that I couldn't really go sub lvl 10 or I couldn't figure out what I had to do (and I didn't want to look up the answers on the internet). With that in mind I went for some lvl-up action and figured I would return to the quests when I was leveling up my sub.

I'm still only 13 right now so there is still plenty to do - it's just I'm thinking about what and where I will be in the coming days / weeks

Comment

If im correct you need an alliance to get through the later stages of Promyvion.

Comment

its best to take a 12 man alliance i've read.

Comment

Yeah 12 Man Alliance With Enough Members To Functions As Two
                            Individual Parties For The BCNM At The Top

I Also Heard That A Nin Sub On Tanks, Rngs And Everyone That Can Have
                            One Is A Good Idea But Havent Found Out Why Yet

[P.S Eat My Caps ]

Comment

Well if you need 12 people then I should have no trouble getting in on the action, right?

Talizker, respect for the 'no looking up the internet' rule! 'tis the best policy. But gets bloody hard when you're on a party mission and everyone is talking about what they are up to..!

Comment

i thinks it avoid as main -ga debuffs as possible, as the there quite nasty, but thats why i'll bring a ton of alchemy gear, an anima(not that i can make, don't have any guild points to buy them)

Comment

Working...
                                X