Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm still waiting Vanicent but I think all my comments on the subject have been invisible anyway!

To be honest, there's just too much spoiling going on for me anyway. I can only assume everybody went on a net search and discovered exactly who, what, where, when and how you had to go about doing these new missions? I mean there isn't an NPC out there that tells you all this stuff right? (apologies to those of you who have actually attempted the missions, but I'm not reading those posts to avoid spoilers).

if it is allowed to be done at level 30 it should be attempted at level 30, and learnt from. That's my opinion. But now thank to the 'pioneers' who did it first I probably will never get a chance until I meet somebodies criteria of what's possible.

If I could change one thing about the game it would be this tendency... it's also a reason for a lot of the rumours/myths and bollocks that gets spread around - because it's posted on the net somewhere everyone takes it as gospel, instead of trying things out for themselves. I was told so many times that I wouldn't get hot weather in Valkurm unless there were three straight days of sunshine - good job I paid no heed or I'd have missed it. I've gone off on a ranty tangent but that's just an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
      Well I'm still waiting Vanicent but I think all my comments on the subject have been invisible anyway!

To be honest, there's just too much spoiling going on for me anyway. I can only assume everybody went on a net search and discovered exactly who, what, where, when and how you had to go about doing these new missions? I mean there isn't an NPC out there that tells you all this stuff right? (apologies to those of you who have actually attempted the missions, but I'm not reading those posts to avoid spoilers).

if it is allowed to be done at level 30 it should be attempted at level 30, and learnt from. That's my opinion. But now thank to the 'pioneers' who did it first I probably will never get a chance until I meet somebodies criteria of what's possible.

If I could change one thing about the game it would be this tendency... it's also a reason for a lot of the rumours/myths and bollocks that gets spread around - because it's posted on the net somewhere everyone takes it as gospel, instead of trying things out for themselves. I was told so many times that I wouldn't get hot weather in Valkurm unless there were three straight days of sunshine - good job I paid no heed or I'd have missed it. I've gone off on a ranty tangent but that's just an example.
      The main reason I try to find out info first for missions and NM's and anything is because of the losses involved in failure.

At lvl 56 the exp loss from losing is very harsh, your talking an hours worth of exping gone just like that.

If you did everything without knowing more info you would take forever to get anywhere, its like fighting NM's, what a waste of time it would be to camp one for hours and hours to find your not even able to beat it.

I do understand what your saying though and do feel at times you are right.

Edit

Think i missed the point somewhere

Comment

Risk vs reward, that's the challenge of life at the top! (add more cliches as you see fit)

An hours worth of exp'ing can be regained, you can't beat the feeling when you do something yourself though.

I've now fought two notorious monsters, one of them killed me and the other had to be put to sleep so I could leg it for the nearest zoning point. But at least I had a crack at it, didn't camp for hours just saw them and couldn't pass up the opportunity. I now have a good idea of what it will take to beat the ones I fought, so next time I'll have a better chance of success.

Oh and I also saw the Sea Horror, but I'm not THAT curious, lol

Comment

I was on the boat yesterday and the Sea Horror popped.

WHM who was resting right where it spawned BOOM 1 hit and he is needing a raise

It then followed another into the Captains Cabin and BOOM another one out for the count.

A high lvl RDM started fighting the Sea Horror and couldnt beat it in time before reaching Mhura.

Comment

Yes Tiamut Has True Sight Altho He Looks AMAZING!
            He Cast Blazed Spikes And I Started Using Warp Scroll,
            By The Time I Warped He Stripped My Three Shadows And Hit Me Twice
            For About 600, My First Time At A HP Crystal Dead

Comment

CoP missions tell you where to go and who to see, all it takes is a glance at your mission log and reading what the NPC your sent to says to you, so this spoiler carry on is just, well not there.
              Sure you can spoil Chapter 4 missions for yourself by net searching, but certainly nothing else if your willing to read and progress.

What people reveal to have seen in an area, can that be classed as a spoiler? i think not, i mean come on, if you thought like that then the whole game would be spoiled within the first week.

Comment

Well I don't know as I haven't attempted them yet, but I do know I'd rather hear it all first from in the game, not by reading it on here. It spoils it for me, can't comment on anyone else obviously.

Comment

as is your right.

cant help but take that one personally,wether it was your intention or not to start with, as i seem to have been the only one thats posted "spoilers" to missions (checking back that would be my posts on zilart missions) but anyway its duely noted and ill refrain from posting anything more on such subjects. My apologies.

Comment

Nobody should take anything I've said personally, cos if I see something that looks like I don't wanna read it, I don't! Hence I would have no idea who may have posted it.

Comment

Okay im going to suggest Sunday 31st we do a Linkshell meet up and do some picture taking.

Looking back at the start of this thread I see me and Mahl and I think some others entered the game on the 31st October last year, it would be good to see how much we have progressed at the 1 year mark.

I really cant beleive its almost a year and even today I am looking forward to getting back on tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
                        Any news on your CoP yet Van.
                        Nope, unfortunately. I've not heard from VG+ since friday.

Looking back at the start of this thread I see me and Mahl and I think some others entered the game on the 31st October last year, it would be good to see how much we have progressed at the 1 year mark.
                        Not much in my case, I kept getting sidetracked with other stuff. :|

I really cant beleive its almost a year and even today I am looking forward to getting back on tonight.
                        Same here Wedge.

Comment

Indeed back on tonight for lvl54 (i hope), i've just been reminded i gonna have to save 2 million for the Haubie at lvl59/60, i'm tempted to finish of getting my 2nd sniper the end of this or next week and then sell 1 sniper on at level 59/60 to help fund a haubie, thats alot of beeswax/jusatsu and black ink and trips to pashlow in order , but 230 odd seals could help bring in another 500k(i hope)

Comment

Erm I really hope that you don't think 4 pictures that I posted have spoiled the game for you. From the time when we very first started this thread posting pictures of what we've done, where we've been and what we've seen has always been one of my favourite parts of the thread. If you think that a picture of a new mob type (which was on SE website months ago) and a cave are spoilers then I'm sorry.

Perhaps the Tiamat is slightly spoilerish but this is a monster that you are not likely to see until lvl75 and is only of a huge number of uber beasts contained within the game. Seeing that picture will not have affected things in an way.

As for spoiling quests and such. I do agree with Darwock with some extent. The number of times I have seen commenst by people in game about how they followed a guide in completing every single quest and mission saddens me somewhat. In fact one of my proudest moments in game is that I have attained every piece of AF equipment so far without even considering looking at a guide. The paths to the necessary battles were completed by accident and the location of my coffers have only been discovered by talking with fellow NIN on the server.

However, despite this I have learned not to judge other people's attitudes on the game as many people play it for many different reasons and for some the thrill of discovery is a low priority. I was quite surprised for example (and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this) that halfpint's primary motivation for the game was to reach lvl75 and he most enjoys the partying and EXPing process.

To me, EXPing is an unfortunate means to an end in being able to explore and enjoy many more facets of this vast world.

Is my view of the game any more or less valid than Halfpint'? No, as it is completely unfair to judge how he views the game based on my value judgements.

Anyway, in the interests of keeping people happy. The text and pictures from my previous post will be removed.

Comment

Your pics didn't spoil anything for me, cos I didn't look at them. Honestly folks, don't worry about it - it's up to me to avoid what I don't want to see, you just keep posting what you want to post.

Comment

Here Are Some Of My ScreenShots As I Sorted Them Today

A Group SS Of Rargh After Yet Again Destroying PLD AF2 NM
                                Me And My Traveling Building On The Ship In Carpenter's Landing
                                Finally Giving Sagittarius X-XIII His Just Desserts, I Waited This Time
                                Untill Hes Used "Eagle Eye Shot" Before Going With My Own 8)

And 2 Of The Many SS I Took Whilst Being "Followed" By Halfpint
                                Have A Lot Of Pursuit Ones + A Few Of Mantus Hiding Behind Trees
                                But I Could Only Post 5 Images
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X