This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aegen
    well, my FFXI adventure will soon end in 30th Nov 2004. been great fun for a year...

any ideas on what should i do with my cash, items etc?
    What's making you decide to quit?

I got to admit the thought of it being a year since I started the game has made me question if a game should last so long, however I still find it enjoyable and there is still alot still to do.

Did changing server improve anything, I was surprised you moved.

Comment

Wow, Looking At My Playtime Was A Cold Dose Of Reality
      60 Days+ Since Easter 2004...... I Then Decided To Go Cold Turkey
      So I Havent Logged On Since Rare's Katana Fight And I
      Havent Had An Urge To Log On Since.
      Im Taking Some Time Out To Decide Whether I Am Want To Come
      Back Or Whether Its Time To Call It Quits

Comment

Holy **** Bayan I only got the game in Easter 2004, and I feel as though I've been playing it non-stop but I've only clocked up 20 days??!

Didn't somebody else already go through this "I'm quitting" phase? I remember reading people asking said person not to sell the character as the server didn't need an inexperienced player running around with a high level character.

Comment

It depends on how you play, if it's like Mah/mih and me we only get the chance to play the game a couple of hours a night, just enough to want to come back for more the next night.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
            It depends on how you play, if it's like Mah/mih and me we only get the chance to play the game a couple of hours a night, just enough to want to come back for more the next night.
            Agreed. I can't get on till 10pm ish so 2-3 hours always leaves you wanting more tomorrow... (this applies to all gaming, not just FFXI)

Comment

Originally posted by Bayan
              Wow, Looking At My Playtime Was A Cold Dose Of Reality
              60 Days+ Since Easter 2004...... I Then Decided To Go Cold Turkey
              So I Havent Logged On Since Rare's Katana Fight And I
              Havent Had An Urge To Log On Since.
              Im Taking Some Time Out To Decide Whether I Am Want To Come
              Back Or Whether Its Time To Call It Quits
              I have done the same before Bayan, taken some time out.

The hard part is cancelling your character, your character you put 60+ days of your life to get it as far as you have, if only to find a week or two later you want to get back on the game.

I wont be quitting anytime soon, but I might be reducing the time I do spend on it.

I think for me I will check the forum for events and stuff and then hopefully have set times now and then for lvling.

Sometimes I really do want to do other things, but some reason always end up choosing to play more FFXI instead.

Comment

I agree Wedge,

Even though I've not spent as much time in the game as others, I don't want to lose the character and have to start again.

Also, I keep thinking of other things I could do, but always wind up playing FFXI again. I've had Golden Sun The Lost Age in my SP for about 6 months, and I've not touched it.

I changed that last night though, and played Golden Sun from about 10pm-1am, and I only stopped because the battery died and needed a recharge.

Comment

It's because FFXI rocks

It's like the NPCs tell you, sometimes you come to a crossroads where it all seems futile and you either get over it and become stronger, or give up.. it's up to you.

I was at that crossroads last week! I'm over it now.

I have channeled the pain and anguish into creating a new plan, lol.

Comment

I think we'll see a shift in people we play with over the next few weeks. EverQuest 2 and World of Warcraft will be released and go online before the end of this month. A lot of people will moev to these new games. Those who stay behind in FFXI are the people that are happy with it and want to continue playing it because its good and they take their FFXI character seriously. This will affect random people you play with, AH prices and general behaviour among Vana'diel denizens, most likely for the better.

Comment

I'll be staying in Vana'diel, that's for sure. I don't feel like I've done anywhere near as much stuff as I could with my character.

I can't afford to buy either of those games anyway.

Originally posted by Marvelon
                      This will affect random people you play with, AH prices and general behaviour among Vana'diel denizens, most likely for the better.
                      Can I quote you on that Mihki?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelon
                        I think we'll see a shift in people we play with over the next few weeks. EverQuest 2 and World of Warcraft will be released and go online before the end of this month. A lot of people will moev to these new games. Those who stay behind in FFXI are the people that are happy with it and want to continue playing it because its good and they take their FFXI character seriously. This will affect random people you play with, AH prices and general behaviour among Vana'diel denizens, most likely for the better.
                        I dont think I can run the new games well enough anyway.

Been on the EQ2 Beta for a while now but dont play it much due to choppy framerate.

Comment

Does anyone really expect these games to be of a similar quality? I know I'm a Square fanboy but what do the makers of Warcraft know about RPGs? They make RTS battle games don't they?

Comment

Playtime on Kurochan is 227 days 20 hours and 17 minutes.

had a 3 month break (was meant to have quit really... dam SE for CoP).

Back into the game full time now, no interest in any of the other RPG for now

Comment

Originally posted by chang
                              Playtime on Kurochan is 227 days 20 hours and 17 minutes.

had a 3 month break (was meant to have quit really... dam SE for CoP).

Back into the game full time now, no interest in any of the other RPG for now
                              Did you keep your account going, can you cancel and then re-join at a later date and get your character back?

Comment

yea i merely canceled my POL subscription. they give you 3 months and then its all deleted.

Comment

Working...
                                X