X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the pearlsack holders in Raargh? I need to pick one up for Oniken

Comment

Well, damn near everyone in Raragh is a sackholder: myself, Mahlory (shellgolder) Rarehero, Wedgemoon, Tobal, Bayan - thats off the top of my head certainties.

I found a Guy from scotland in my Keyhunt party last night: Bryjazz, 55 DRK, gave him a pearl, hes a nice guy and he plays well. He's got good gear and he has (and uses) his spells.

I tend to agree about the possible quality of EQ2 and WoW, I haven't played any other MMORPGs but as I understand they hardly ever hit the market as polished as FFXI. In relation to Blizzards online service someone said: if idiots could fly, Battle.net would be an airport

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
        What's making you decide to quit?

I got to admit the thought of it being a year since I started the game has made me question if a game should last so long, however I still find it enjoyable and there is still alot still to do.

Did changing server improve anything, I was surprised you moved.
        thanks guys for your response.

changing servers did not change anything. i was getting a bit bored while i was still in seraph. its just not what it used to be for me. perhaps because i hardly play anymore. but it was really great game and it was one of my best experience in online gaming to date. i did enjoyed the people i met and the interactions between them.

as for my account, i may sell it together with the gils. dont knw how much it would fetch. i used to have an offer for 275$. anything of the same will be accepted.

but nov 30th is still a long way to go...so who knows...

btw, can anyone get me a world pass in seraph? i have a friend there that was out for 2 months and just recently came back...would really appreciate it if anyone can get one for me.
        Last edited by aegen; 05-11-2004, 17:34.

Comment

Having recently hit the 1 year mark for FFXI and with all the talk from others trying to decide if they want to continue or not I have made some plans.

I definetely am going to cut the time I spend on the game down, I am going to really only work on my main job and main sub.

I need to spend more time on other things and I just dont think I can manage to put the same hours in anymore, I got to say it has affected my job performance and health quite a bit, but this is also due to the type of job I have, being able to sit down all day basically.

Saying this though, I will not be quitting the game, I know what would happen if I did, 2 weeks time I would be wanting to play it again.

Mihki, Mahl and Tobal, I am still wanting to do this static party, I can manage at least 2 evenings a week of good lvling maybe more if thats ok.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
            Having recently hit the 1 year mark for FFXI and with all the talk from others trying to decide if they want to continue or not I have made some plans.

I definetely am going to cut the time I spend on the game down, I am going to really only work on my main job and main sub.

I need to spend more time on other things and I just dont think I can manage to put the same hours in anymore, I got to say it has affected my job performance and health quite a bit, but this is also due to the type of job I have, being able to sit down all day basically.

Saying this though, I will not be quitting the game, I know what would happen if I did, 2 weeks time I would be wanting to play it again.

Mihki, Mahl and Tobal, I am still wanting to do this static party, I can manage at least 2 evenings a week of good lvling maybe more if thats ok.
            thats pretty much our style anyway ^^

Comment

Well is that it for me? Probably not, I still want to take NIN to 75 but tonight was an absolute disastor from start to finish.

Maybe a break will do me good but then again a break could lead to me not playing altogether.

I am really sorry for the EXP loss that anyone suffered from that but I am going to refuse to take responsibility for it. We performed the exact same task last week without any casualities or hiccups whatsoever, in fact last week's raid couldn't have gone any smoother. I felt honoured that 6 of the people who helped were willing to try again for a piece of equipment that would only benefit me but I was able to organise a grup of 7 people to make their way to try again for Hototogisu. However, I have no idea who that DRK was who joined but immediately he created an imbalance. He was impatient, trying to force things onwards when the Temple of Uggalepih demands the respect of players of any level.

The place is a deathtrap as we discovered.

Then to run into a room full of Tonberrys is a mark of immense stupidity. In hindsight we should have let him die. We were all free of aggro we could have continued on our way and beat the NM without him. But none of us in RARGH! are like that. We will fight on even for a complete stranger whose stupidity was going to cost us.

However, there were other aspects that left me somewhat annoyed with the party.

Firstly I genuinely felt no one was listening to what I was saying. People were running off in alll directions at one point when I was trying to ensure everyone was in one place. Maybe I am not the best organisor in those situations and if so people should have told me and someone else taken over.

Secondly, Toxicforce and Bayan, please sort your ****ing differences out, but do so via private tells. I don't know exactly what the whole issue is and frankly the middle of Temple of Uggalepih was not the place to air them all again. Tox, me and you go way back and I would be there in a shot should you need help with anything. Likewise Bayan, we haven't known each other as long but we have had some good moments over the last couple of months (staying up to until 3am on my birthday to find Tiamat was legendary ). However, I found the snipes that you made at each other really disappointing and it saddened me greatly. I hope you sort it out.

Then there is the issue of 83k which I should get back but is the money I have been working over the last 2 weeks for in order to purchase the Bat Cape that I need. For some reason it was somewhat harder farming the gil for this item compared to previous high value items (probably beccause it is the last thing on my equipment list that I need so the 3 months of almost constant gil making were coming to an end) so it was very hard to spend that 83k. Again, I know that I am going to get the gil back but I took it hard inside to spend it on another person's equipment. I felt a responsibility to replace Mihkki's gear even though his death and subsequent delevel was my responsibility in only a really loose way.

Anyway, once again apologies for the EXP loss and I'm truly sorry if people thought my departure from the game tonight was abrupt. Also, I hope no one is offended by this post, that is truly not its intent. Just felt the need to write some things down and explain myself.

Hope to see you in game soon and if not I'm sure I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.

Peace out guys

Mark

Comment

wow, I would just like to say that Mihki is in a party now (without me) regaining his level so you have have the armour that you bought for him back tonight. Check your delivery box later.

Comment

Also me and Mihki are off to Barcelona tomorrow for a short break, we'll be back Thursday night, we'll send you a postcard

Comment

First of all, I dont care if we had to kill that NM a 100 times, doing something like that is what Rargh is for. We spent 4-5 nights camping in quicksands afterall for Bayans Loxley Bow, this is... slighty more dangerous but in the same category. I enjoy doing it, and for most of us it's an LS outing as much as it is a skill-up session.

Me getting killed was a bit stupid on mine and Bayans part. Taking on an unknown(ish) quantity NM in a generally dangerous place with only a 55 pld (with only 200 exp into lv 55 and no lv 54 equipment) and a 58 RNG wasn't the cleverest of moves. I did believe we could take it otherwise I wouldnt have. I think Bayan had the same idea.

I don't know what was up with the DRK but I'm just glad he didn't get us all killed. I am very gratful for you replacing my gear, I used it to regain my level and create a 3.5k buffer on lv 55 and you'll find both items in your delivery box when you next log on Rare. (they are both well-selling items with reasonably steady prices, as they are both CP items)

Tox, Bayan, I agree with Rare on this one. Even if you can't set aside your differences, thats fine with me, please just don't let it get in the way of something like this quest. I'm sure we can all act professionally for the 30 odd minutes it would have taken had this all gone correctly.

See you Thrusday evening, I'll think of you all a little when I'm sitting on the plane to Barcelona (playing Mario Golf: Advance Tour!)

Comment

Seeing as I was the only one still by the DRK when he agroed (how do u spell that word lol)

I will explain exactly what happened.

Everyone was at the door, getting invisible to go to the NM, I was last to move out with the DRK and as I started casting Invisible on him he moved out too soon before the spell had actually been put on him, and one thing agro means just about everything nearby did.

At first I thought they were tonberrys and we would probably be able to work through them all, then the Robot thing showed up too, I tried to use my 2 hour but got constantly hit during spell casting and couldnt get any buffs out.

I think for stuff like this you just have to expect these things to go wrong time to time, Rare we will do this again soon with just the LS, no extras who dont know what is going on.

BTW Mihki, Mahl and Tobal just so you know im now about 4k exp into lvl 56, let me know when your ready for me to join lvling, the closer we all are in exp tnl the better.

Comment

well account is sold for 450$. thats around ?227 in real money.

yeah may not be that high as i want to but its ok. i will quit the game anyway so might as well get something out of it. i am just waiting to make sure that payments was made legit and doing the best the ensure all is done properly. i dont want to get scammed by people interested in my account.

i hope you guys the best and thanks to everyone on this forum. been great!

Comment

Well, I'm Had Tried To Talk To Tox After The Incident, But Obviously He Took
                          It More Seriously As The Following Day When I Sent Him A Tell [We Spoke
                          On Tells Everyday] And He Ignored Me. I Thought Nothing Of It Untill Rare
                          Said That Tox Had Asked If I Was Going On The Katana Run. When He Did It There Was No Problems But He Didnt Talk Almost The Entire Trip.
                          Talking And Joking With Him Everyday Was Like FFXI Routine For Me, But I
                          Guess On That Thursday Night When I Wasnt Impressed By His Newly
                          Obtained Rank 9, He Was More Hurt Then He Let On. It Was Also One Of The
                          Reasons I Stopped Playing For A Week As I Couldnt Talk It Out With Him
                          Because He Didnt Reply.
                          I Wasnt Aware He Was Coming For The 2nd Run But When He Arrived I Asked
                          Him What SC He Wanted To Do And He Ignored Me Again. Then When Asked Are Parties Level By That SMN And I Replied "55-60" Not "54-61" He Just Had To Correct Me And I Lost It. I Just Wanted Him To Indicate Someway He
                          Knew I Was There Obviously I Upset Everyone And Lost RARGH Two
                          Valuable Members [Tox And Kalli].

I Really Want To Level RNG Again And I Havent Been Able Too For A Month.
                          So I Am Taking RNG Back To Levelling, Im Sorry NBK, Tobal And Wedge Doesnt
                          Look Like Ill Be Joining You. I've Also Decide To Leave RARGH Hopefully Tox
                          Will Come Back. I Think Im Am Solely Respondsible For Tonight And I Am
                          Sorry For It As The DRKs Joining Also My Fault. Cya Around

Comment

Instead Of Editing My Post To Hide What I Typed Previously Im Going To
                            Leave It There. I Logged Back Onto FFXI Inspired To Try And Make Up
                            With Tox, Got Talking To Him Which Was Great! When Suddenly My NA
                            Friend [Reason I Got World Pass] To Seraph Sent Me Tell To Join Up My Old
                            NA LS "Shadowskill" In A New LS With Loads Of My Old Friends.

Got On There, Lots Of Hellos With Old Friends, Then All Of A Sudden Over
                            The LS Comes.... "OMFG! I Zoned Out Of GarLiage Citadel And Roc Is Here"
                            Before I Know It I Am In A 12 Man Alliance Fighting Roc, Until Whm
                            Accidentally Calls Help On Him. So We Ran Him To Tahrongi Canyon Zone, All Zoned And Re-zoned In Phases Till Help Was Lost And Re-engaged.

BTW Roc Is A HNM, A Weaker One But Still A BRD Type HNM And At 1/2
                            Health He Used Benediction. I Hit Him About 5-10 Times In A 40 Min Fight
                            And In Revenge Smacked Him For 900 When He Was Almost Dead. I Then
                            Rejoiced To The Words "Bayan Defeats Roc" And My New Title "Roc Star"
                            Altho The 3 Million Ignot Or Healing Staff Didnt Drop It Was Such A Rush.

Im Really Regreted What I Posted Altho I Do Believe I Need To Get Back To
                            Levelling I Do Wish To Continue To Be An Active Part Of Rargh And I Hope
                            Everyone Else Wants Me To Be. I Have Just Been Motived To Level Once
                            Again So I Can Kill More HNMS ^^

Comment

Coming up next ? the obligatory morning after post >_<

As I suspected last night, the incident wasn?t enough to force me to quit. I just needed to get out of the game straight away. There was an unrelated factor that had conspired to annoy me last night. When I logged on the piece of equipment that I was saving for was listed in the AH. I excitedly bid my 600k (as the price history dictated).

?You were unable to buy the Bat Cape for 600000 gil?

It really, really pissed me off. For an item to cost 450k not 2 weeks ago to go up to 600k is bad enough but for some other ****er to try and push the price higher, it nearly pushed me over the edge. However, I did log on this morning found 44k in my delivery box and when I checked the AH the item was gone but no one had bought it so the seller had removed it from auction. Hopefully the next one listed will be offered for 600k.

I?ll take your posts in the order they arrived.

Mihki I?m extremely happy you got your level 55 back (with buffer). I know you were really happy with your new Chainmail so it pained me to see you running around in that black vest. My post last night may have been badly worded and may have come across that I was angry at you Mihki when that is not the case at all. In fact I?ll reiterate it again:

I was not annoyed at any LS member (past or present) for what happened last night.

I was pissed off at 2 people only. The DRK, who got aggro in the first place, and myself for my seeming inability to organise a LS event that goes well.

Mihki, I think I was panicking more than anything about being 83k down as I knew you were going away for a few days so thought I wasn?t going to get the gil back until later in the week. It?s testament to you that you worked hard last night to get level 55 back in order to return the 2 pieces of equipment back to me as soon as possible. For that I am greatly appreciative. Both are currently for sale at AH in Jeuno and will hopefully be sold by the time I get home today. Once again, I apologise if my words came across as angry to you, but I honestly wasn?t

Thanks for clearing up exactly what happened. However, again I cannot get over the annoyance I have for the DRK as from the sounds of it, again it was his impatience that caused the problem.

Now Bayan. I don?t know what you were thinking but don?t you dare leave RARGH!. If you do I will make it my responsibility to MPK you every day until rejoin us :P

Seriously, I?m glad you have decided to stick with us and that you and Tox have gone some way to resolve your differences.

Again, I don?t see why you felt the need to take responsibility for for what went wrong last night as I certainly don?t feel you have to shoulder any blame whatsoever. Sure I found the bickering annoying but in the end that was not what caused the problems. Yes you were the one who got the DRK to join us, but why should be made to shoulder the blame because of his impatience? In fact, it makes me happy that you are willing to try and get people involved in this. Your continued support in game will always be welcome.

However, I know exactly where you are coming from with regards to the need to get levelling. Since 50 my levelling has been sporadic at best due to the near constant gil making. However, I have enough now to get the last piece of equipment and level again and I intend to level tonight in fact. I think getting to 58 and wearing a sexy piece of Ninja Chainmail will be just the encouragement I need after last night =D

Mihki, Mahlory have a great time in Barcelona (/jealous) and see you back in game later in the week.

Comment

Does anyone have a lvl 28 or near that lvl job they want to lvl tonight, I need to work on my whm sub.

I will be on from about 17.30 starting a party in Kazham area.

Comment

Working...
                                X