X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am Availiable On Sunday Evening, But I'm Out On Saturday

Comment

OK, we'll go with Sunday. That's cool. I got HL2 today anyway so can play that tommorrow if need be ^_^

Comment

Great party in Valkum last night with Mihki and Daragon. Finally got level 20 which sets me up nicely for my first visits to Windurst (for Rank 2-3 mission) and Jeuno.

If you guys need any help tonight in Valkum just let me know - I'm happy to help out before I move on. Will be on at the usual 9-9.30pm ish...

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          OK, we'll go with Sunday. That's cool. I got HL2 today anyway so can play that tommorrow if need be ^_^
          Maybe we can arrange an evening this week to try this again, im afraid I wont be around for the next two weekends to help with it, although im sure you guys could handle it without me, we didnt have too many problems on the last attempt.

Comment

ok Wedge I'll try for that. I will attempt to get another Tonberry Ratle this evening and will post if I'm successful on here. If I do get one today would people be willing to try again tommorrow?

Comment

Yeap that was a good party Talizker, worked out nicely. After I hit level 20 on dunes I moved on to Qufim and I'm now lv 24 thf (with only a couple thousand exp to go before I hit 25) at which point I'll be done playing the THF and start Farming with Flee?

I do agree with you Rare - due to the pain-in-the-assness that is the Katana run, it really should be a guaranteed drop. I'm willing to try anytime, just let us know on the LSmes when you want to go, or post on here if/when you get rattle and when you want to try again. (I will go PLD/war again next time THF doesn't add much and it makes me a lousy backup tank.

---------------------UPDATE / EDIT -----------------------
              I'll be finishing levelling THF tonight (hopefully I will get 25 tonight, I will if my luck is even half as good as it has been levelling THF before)
              Mahl has purchased a scroll of Raise II so that means we are ready for levelling again!
              Tobal is tuesday night okay for you? If so we can/will be ready at 19:00 to build a party and get Lv 56
              Last edited by Marvelon; 22-11-2004, 14:12.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                ok Wedge I'll try for that. I will attempt to get another Tonberry Ratle this evening and will post if I'm successful on here. If I do get one today would people be willing to try again tommorrow?
                Sure thing, best to post on the forum the time etc.

Comment

Wedge man, I was able to find another rattle last night. Speaking with the LS, we have arranged a new attempt for Thursday night at 9pm.

Hit lvl59 last night and am currently 17.5k EXP away from the big six-oh. I think once I reach that point (and have created a significant EXP buffer) I need to sit back and re-evaluate my plans for the game. At 60 I will have my full AF, a new cool weapon-skill (Blade: Jin) and will be all set to take on the Shadow Lord and attain rank 6.

But what then?

I really want to get further in the game but I don?t like where things are heading in the game in terms of gilsellers and gilbuyers. Me and Tobal both bought Sniper Rings about 1 month back (he bought 2 and I bought 1). We paid 550k for them. Speaking with Toxicforce last night I learnt that he bought 2 recently and paid 850k for each of them. I find that an absolutely disgusting price rise in the space of 1 month.

Ochiudo?s Kote is now apparently at the 1 million gil mark whereas I remember months back when Mihki realised he didn?t want to take MNK any further because the gloves would have cost him 300k.

I was considering spending a good amount of time making money and dropping it all the Scorpion Harness but now I?m thinking what?s the point? I could spend 2 months doing nothing but making gil and when the time comes that I have enough to buy it, the price would have shot up another 2 million gil and the process starts anew always playing catch up. I know I?ve made posts in the past saying that you shouldn?t be too downhearted about the need for gil but I?m starting to realise that a line needs to be drawn in the sand somewhere.

But I honestly can?t see how the problem is going to improve either which is where mt disheartening is coming from. I?m sure the early morning Sunday players remember my ?battle? against the gilseller in my favoured farming spot in Pashow Marshlands (whilst I don?t know for a fact he was a gilseller all the signs were there. DRG job. Crappy gear. No linkshell). I think it was kind of funny at the time as I was genuinely outfarming him and was horribly ruthless in how I did it. Pulling mobs from him even though he had his weapon drawn. It did get to the point where he left and started farming Rolanberry instead (I kept an eye on him via /search) but thinking about it now, am I going to have to go through that **** every ****ing time I want to spend a couple of hours farming for some more gil?

But despite all this I don?t want to quit the game. I want to see how the story develops, I want to experience a Dynamis run and I want to see Rare in a full set of NIN AF2.

Comment

I've been giving some thought to what comes after Full AF Rare, and what happens to us personally and Rargh in general when we get to that point.
                    Myself, I've got a few things I like to obtain (mainly a sword-wishlist ^^)
                    After rank 6 and full af I think Rargh should look towards missions 7-10, Zilart Missions, HNMs etc to provide our enjoyment.

As for Rargh itself, perhaps it'll be possible to ally ourselves with a bigger Dynamis/HNM-LS, so retaining the Rargh identity, yet having the benefits of a larger, higher level LS.

--------EDIT, fogot this, of course--------

About the gil(sellers). Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about it besides not buying the items. The only other option for the Scorpion harness is to obtain the ingredients (HNMs drops some, afaik) and find a crafter to make the item for you at cost (or a fee which will be below the AH-price).
                    We could all move to EQ2 and become a guild, but typing /playtime occasionally is a strong dissuader for me.
                    Last edited by Marvelon; 23-11-2004, 12:05.

Comment

Something we can do, justa thought: once we are "done" with our main jobs we could start a secondary static with other jobs, that way the demands on our equipment could be hemmed in and we could party without having to feel ashamed about having less then the absolute best equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelon
                        I've been giving some thought to what comes after Full AF Rare, and what happens to us personally and Rargh in general when we get to that point.
                        Myself, I've got a few things I like to obtain (mainly a sword-wishlist ^^)
                        After rank 6 and full af I think Rargh should look towards missions 7-10, Zilart Missions, HNMs etc to provide our enjoyment.

As for Rargh itself, perhaps it'll be possible to ally ourselves with a bigger Dynamis/HNM-LS, so retaining the Rargh identity, yet having the benefits of a larger, higher level LS.

--------EDIT, fogot this, of course--------

About the gil(sellers). Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about it besides not buying the items. The only other option for the Scorpion harness is to obtain the ingredients (HNMs drops some, afaik) and find a crafter to make the item for you at cost (or a fee which will be below the AH-price).
                        We could all move to EQ2 and become a guild, but typing /playtime occasionally is a strong dissuader for me.
                        About the Dynamis/HNM-LS idea, I think we should do something like this. I think as a whole we are a good LS and have been upto this point but what comes nexxt HNM's, Dynamis etc where you need more help we need more than what we have.

The problem is Rargh is not going to get much bigger, everytime new members join they are either starting out or giving us a try and most high lvls dont stick with us long since they probably already have a LS they have been with for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelon
                          Something we can do, justa thought: once we are "done" with our main jobs we could start a secondary static with other jobs, that way the demands on our equipment could be hemmed in and we could party without having to feel ashamed about having less then the absolute best equipment.
                          Have to say thi is something that I will definitely be interested in at some point down the line. I?ve always said that after taking NIN ?all the way? I want to level THF so I would use that job in such a setup.

However, whilst my THF is currently lvl30 I?ve said that I want to make amends for my crappy levelling of a THF/BLM in the early days and as such plan to delevel it purposely to lvl15 and do it again possibly as a THW/WAR but most likely as a dagger/sword wielding THF/NIN.Good thing about going THF next is that I will already have a lot of the ?high ticket? items that complement the job. My NIN Emperor Hairpin will be great and I?m currently saving up for a pair of Winged Boots for when I level my WAR/THF.

However, before this I need to level my WAR subjob again and was wondering if there are any plans to do so a LS again? My only concern is that if we did we are lacking a tank now. Mahl will be BLM, Wedge WHM and me and Mihki will both be WAR/THF. Originally Tobal was a WAR but I think that from now on his sub is going to be RNG so I presume he will be levelling that.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                            However, whilst my THF is currently lvl30 I?ve said that I want to make amends for my crappy levelling of a THF/BLM in the early days and as such plan to delevel it purposely to lvl15 and do it again possibly as a THW/WAR but most likely as a dagger/sword wielding THF/NIN.
                            That's mental C'... undoing 15 levels of work just because you did it a weird way??? OK it may not have been smart but I'm also betting it wasn't easy, so in a way you should stand by what you did.

Comment

Not really. Firstly it?s something I want to do just to see what the job is capable of at those levels. I didn?t know about stacking Sneak Attack with Weapon Skills for example, nor did I know that loading up with DEX+ items will increase my Sneak Attack damage many times over. I can?t wait to equip a low level THF properly and see what the job can really do.

Also, I?m at the point in the game where levelling 15 to 30 seems like not a big task. Since lvl55 I?ve been having to pull 20000 EXP points per level so the tiny EXP requirements for the low levels no longer faze me any more. Also if the LS plan goes ahead we are likely to be much more efficient when levelling and may be able to move away from common levelling spots so the EXP will go much faster.

I look forward to it

Comment

yep yep Rare, i'm def. up for doing that together, although for me, mahl and tobal it will most likely be a bit longer before we have to re-level our subs. WAR/thf for me certainly. - I believe Tobal has pld to a decent level as well >.> time to get the vit out Tobal : D

Comment

Working...
                                X