Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm up for that Rare, I could lvl BST or RNG for it. Plus, for a change, it'd be nice to actually be able to do something with the rest of the LS at the same lvls, not at matching lvls because of caps (eg Mission 2-3).

Comment

I think in the sort term is nbk,wedge and i to hit 59/60 and do rank 6, apart from that i think it emptyness that should be looked at, we all have at least 1 job that over 30(or not closingin on 30).

As for subjobs WAR(with nin sub this time) will for the moment remain my main sub, i can easily level a RNG with out static. at the moment

55 sam
      33 pld
      33 monk
      30 war
      28 Rng (well sortly taking it to 30 for 60/30 samurai with barrage and sidewinder)
      25 thf
      14 ninja (needs to get to 18/19)

Comment

Just to remind everyone, I think we have planned another Temple run for tommorrow at 9pm.

Tox, I'm not sure if you'll read this but I've not had chance to speak with you in game. Any chance you are gonna come along? Your TH" would be most appreciated

Comment

Last night was a contender for my worst party ever, I mean it was so bad it was good. I thought I was going to wet myself at one point.

i think it was due to thanksgiving in the states but there wasn't a great showing of people in Valkurm... took a long time to get a healer and when we did it transpired s/he was Spanish and spoke NO english at all.

On the way to the camp this mithra healer got aggrod by a goblin. She ran right past us and kept going, despite all the shouts of COME BACK. I ran out to meet her but she was already dead. After 2 minutes of lying on the ground while we asked where the home point was, we got the reply "deth". When she finally went to the HP (outpost) she just stayed there. Again I ran up to meet her and lead her to the camp. Halfway back to camp she stopped and started casting cure on me (even though I had full health)... this gave a nearby goblin the opportunity it needed to attack and she got killed again.

In one fight she never stood up and joined in, leaving my single use carbuncle ability as the only healing in the party. Luckily we scraped through, at which point the WHM stood up and said 'no work', then carried on as normal.

During a later fight I called up a water spirit to see how the damage compared, only for everyone in my party to immediately stop casting any spells because they thought it would attack them. I managed to get everybody to understand this wasn't the case... except for our spanish white mage obviously!!

No healing resulted in another party death in the time it took me to call up carbuncle again and use searing light to finish off our target quickly.

I mean the language problem is unavoidable but some things are just down to common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
            During a later fight I called up a water spirit to see how the damage compared, only for everyone in my party to immediately stop casting any spells because they thought it would attack them. I managed to get everybody to understand this wasn't the case... except for our spanish white mage obviously!!
            sorry, but this paragraph just made me burst out laughing in the middle of work and now I have to come up with an excuse as to why I did.

but it was worth it. Seriously, that's too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
              sorry, but this paragraph just made me burst out laughing in the middle of work and now I have to come up with an excuse as to why I did.

but it was worth it. Seriously, that's too funny.
              Yep, i've just spent the last 5 minutes giggling like a school girl in my office

Comment

took a long time to get a healer and when we did it transpired s/he was Spanish and spoke NO english at all.

On the way to the camp this mithra healer got aggrod by a goblin. She ran right past us and kept going, despite all the shouts of COME BACK.
                This is the bit that made me laugh the most.. she won't come back because as you have just said she doesn't understand any English! no matter how many times you say it.

Comment

Yes, that was the point at which we realised that she couldn't speak any english whatsoever. Otherwise I don't suppose anyone would have bothered.

Comment

YEA!

Just made the trip to Jeuno (from Windurst) for the first time with my Level 1 THF. Apart from a 20 minute coffee break at the Meriphataud Mountains / Sauromugue Champaign zone as it was night time, the whole journey went well. There were a few close calls in Sauromugue Champaign but on the whole it was a little easier than I thought.

So on with the Chocobo Quest and leveling to 25 for the 2-3 mission in Windurst...

Comment

Well thats it for me, no more FFXI.

Well for a week

Will be back on the 5th of December but I doubt I will get back on the game untill the 6th or 7th.

Comment

Logged out last night in Korroloka Tunnel after spending 1 hour and a half camping this fella as I want this for my off-hand for my THF/NIN.

After no pop I logged and went bed. Log on this morning and he?s sitting there right next to me. This guy is easy but considering he?s supposed to be level 40 he has an insane amount of HP and defence and it takes a good 5 minutes for me to kill him. The Nadrs sword never dropped unfortunately but I did get 1800 gil. I?m currently 0/4 on this guy so it?s getting kind of annoying now >.<

Anyway, hopefully I will be 1/4 if we try for the Hototogisu again tonight. With Wedge away we are a man down but I think we can do it with the 5 of us. However, hopefully Tox can fill the gap to make extra sure we can do it.

Comment

Ok Well I Gonna Be Doing Some Quests Here Are There This Afternoon So
                          Log On And We Can See If There Is A 2nd Rattle Around

Comment

Nice one man, I was hoping you?d be on beforehand so we could hunt a second rattle. Spawn time is 2 hours so we should get another before 9pm and maybe a third when the time comes to kick that tonberry?s ass.

Anyway I?m outta work at 4:30pm and will hopefully be online not long after.

Comment

Well I finally did it. After sitting at 73/74 for a few months I finally got round to pushing my WHM to level. Got 28k exp in a single party (and stayed up til 3 am) for this:

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                                Well I finally did it. After sitting at 73/74 for a few months I finally got round to pushing my WHM to level. Got 28k exp in a single party (and stayed up til 3 am) for this:
                                Awesome stuff!!! Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                                X