This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And an update on my situation.

I've got my character soretd now. I'm a level 15 Red Mage & a level 21 Warrior. That emans I can be a WAR/RDM up to level 30 and have a full level subjob

i've also gained my chocobo license so it'll be easier to get around. my next step is to go to san'doria and do the first part of the Emisary mission (killing warchief vatgit in ghelsba fort... which i've tried before but not survived, hope i can get a party together this time.

If that doesn't work out i'll be on the dunes levelling up (or elsewhere depending on exp-gain) I want to complete the emisarry mission, but killing the dragon in windurst won't be easy, that's for sure.

After that mission though it's leelling to 30 and getting an advanced job for me. (not sure what i'm gonna get yet doubting between 4 options: Bard, Ranger, Samurai, Ninja and even Paladin and Dark Knight sound appealing.) (knowing me i'll end up with 15 levels in all of them muhahaha)

Well see you in Vana'diel.

Comment

oh dear - me and Marvelon are so addicted to this game now that we actualy spent a good hour or so last night discussing buying another PC and another copy of the game from the US, so that we can play together....

Comment

Lost approx 1000xp last night due to dying yet strangely didn't get me down. I just know that if I head to Valkurm I'll get a party easily as a lvl 17 Thief seems to be quite popular with greedy parties desperate to acquire Damselfly Worms and Ghoul Skulls

Comment

Mikewl and myself, every person we found for our group that day, they levelup and leave, happened about 4 times, the bloody cheek of it. Specially when we were kicking the crap out of fungar for 60 exp a pop easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
            Mikewl and myself, every person we found for our group that day, they levelup and leave, happened about 4 times, the bloody cheek of it. Specially when we were kicking the crap out of fungar for 60 exp a pop easily.
            I hate that as it epitomises what is wrong with the game in general. The level up mentalitty that overrides everything else. To be fair, it's not really Square's fault, more the attitudes of the players.

I joined a party 2 nights ago after being invited. 10 minutes later the person had levelled up and then disappeared. This was followed by another deserter and leadership of the party was thrust upon me (something I not really comfortable with). But very few people seemed to be playing and no useful party members (similar levels etc.) seemed to be nearby. Eventually the group frittered away. An hour of playtime was wasted

Comment

hey C' if you are in the Valkrum Dunes this evening then maybe I'll see you there.. I am a lvl 16 WHM (nearly lvl 17) and I do need a Worm and a Skull lol

I promise I won't leave the party after I level up /get the items I need lol

Comment

You know, I don't really know how everyone is getting on with this at the moment (levels, jobs etc.) which means I haven't really grouped with you guys, when in actuality we could have done. For example me and Sdub seem to e really close to each other (in terms of level and location) and teaming up makes sense.

I propose that everyone posts there current job, level and location. Never know, we may all be a perfect match to make an NTSC-uk uber-party

Personally:

Lvl 17 Thief currently on La Theine Plateau

Comment

Level 16 WHM - Valkrum Dunes

Comment

Sturn - Level 21WAR/10RDM at your service. Currently in San'D but willing to travel once I find and kill the Orc Warchief Vatgit (that's what he's called, really)

I hate that as it epitomises what is wrong with the game in general. The level up mentalitty that overrides everything else. To be fair, it's not really Square's fault, more the attitudes of the players.
                    I really agree with your point about levelling mentality. I've mentioned this before in this thread. I'm not playing the game to get to level 75 ASAP because what are you gonna do then, I just want to experience it and then find myself a powerful character at the end of it.

I was reading a discussion on the IGN boards today about how to get the most exp by employing really strict team tactics. I understand why it would be cool to figure out how to arrange players and job in such a way you get the most exp, but it takes the soul out of the game as far as i'm concerned.

Let's just enjoy, the levels will come.

Comment

lvl.19 Mnk/ sub lvl.9 Thf

I'm around San'd, i think i logged out in West.Ron after failed attempt on Orc Sargent in Ghelsba(2 hits away from killing it, and Cursemaker joined the party ), The Vatgit piss easy now, i can solo him and his buddies at the same time, lovely revenge for the other day, killing my Thf.

I gonna lvl up my guy a bit(22 at least) and tour the world. Im going on for couple hrs before work in Dunes (till 7.30)

Comment

Right, well I need some help.

I got the game in the post today, finally, and started and despite ****loads of downloading and authorization and crap, I'm in. But the problem is, I haven't got a ****ing clue what to do. This always happens with me and RPGs, I get one quest which tells me to go see person X in location Y and then just leaves me to get there. I don't know what to do, so far all I've done is taken the adventure card to my person. Now I'm just confused . My PC crashes for some reason, and it never has on any other game. I need help . What should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                          Right, well I need some help.

I got the game in the post today, finally, and started and despite ****loads of downloading and authorization and crap, I'm in. But the problem is, I haven't got a ****ing clue what to do. This always happens with me and RPGs, I get one quest which tells me to go see person X in location Y and then just leaves me to get there. I don't know what to do, so far all I've done is taken the adventure card to my person. Now I'm just confused . My PC crashes for some reason, and it never has on any other game. I need help . What should I do?
                          Anything you want.

That's kinda the point really.

I'm not being facetious either. Just potter about talking to NPCs. Get a lay of the land of the town you've started in (making sure you memorise the important locations such as town exits, residential area and auction house. Also step outside the town and challenge some of the weaker fiends that lie outside (as long as you don't stray too far from the town gates everythin g will be manageable).

Don't go into Vana'Diel expecting an RPG in the traditional Final Fantasy style where everything is explicitly laid out for you. You have a lot of freedom here to do what you like. Whilst there is a stroy that underrides your quest, you are free to make it move along as slowly as you lie, and still accomplish stuff in the meantime.

So, there is no correct answer to 'what should I do next?' Whilst I appreciate it is daunting at first (I was the same) a few hours of finding your feet is all it needs.

Comment

Yeah, well I managed to get some report from the mines, which I felt happy about . I'm still just kinda... confused by everything, when I started, my mission involved monsters but I didn't have a weapon. And how do I get money? Because I didn't get any for completing the mission .

Comment

Sell/buy everything at the auction, check the prices. Get yourself a craftjob, and learn make items with stuff you collect from monstor's, or take up fishing and catch fish to cook/sell/use or mine for metal to make weapons. Do a few of town's people quests for 'rare' item equipment that would save you buying stuff, or missions to get quest points to spend at the guards gate in your city.

It takes time to get a income going, specially if your starting a new craft.

Comment

Just had a really good Party session with Sdub and 4 other peeps I met in game. One of the friendliest parties I've played with since getting the game. OK, so the battles didn't always go according to plan but even when party members fell they didn't seem to let it get them down and hurried to rejoing.

Very well spritied group.

And Sdub got the Damselfly Worm she wanted, advanced a level then quickly scarpered

Just kidding

Comment

Working...
                                X