Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tox, that would be good if I can borrow that equipment for Maat, although im still a way off yet.

Tobal, bst can be a good job but I will say now that its very challenging and can be slow going at times, I think after lvl 35 you get a job ability which makes it alot better, as for whm sub, yes its best in my opinion but after about lvl13, warrior seemed better before then.

Also bst can be very profitable, Getting it to lvl 32 got me loads of beastmen seals which I still have alot of and I found I needed a mule for all the drops.

I hear about a few good bst party combinations, bst and rdm or bst and bst.

Comment

Do I need to activate any quests to complete tonights fun? If so can any one give me an idea of what they are so I can see if I have them activated or if I need to get them...

Comment

Talk to the Galka guard by the door of the mayor's house in Selbina - think he's called Thunderhawk, which I only remember cos that was one of my favourite games when i were a lad!

Comment

Think Darwocks right, I may need to activate it to, tonight shouldn't be a mad rush round hopefully we can take it steady and enjoy the run. Last night was ace not working to a time scale wandered into every zone I passed I'd not been to before, that's why I want the map to get out to the glacier solo and get Warp II etc up there at a nice chilled pace.

I'll probably be on a little earlier with hic so I may stick myself on the boat for a while and see if I can get a charm. We could meet up in Selbina rather than Jeuno if you like, I'm easy.

Just checked the NMs, ones level 42 and the others 45 so we 'should' be cool. I may bring a few potions etc just in case. The level 45 may require us to fire off 2 hours to bring it down with 3 of us round level 42, but hey we want a challenge ^^

Just remember that sneak oil!
          Last edited by Tsingtao; 06-04-2005, 15:40.

Comment

You don't need the map to get to the glacier, solo or not! Been up there 4 times now, no map.

Just a small point, I don't really want to find out how to get Warp II, so any chance you could keep it under your hat if we do end up in a party tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao
              We could meet up in Selbina rather than Jeuno if you like, I'm easy.
              Selbina's good with me as i'm in Bastok right now.

Wedge - is Monday any good with you for a BCNM40?

Comment

Sure no worries, intending on soloing that anyway. Consider the secrets of the Warp II scroll safely secured away...

Comment

Originally posted by talizker
                  Selbina's good with me as i'm in Bastok right now.

Wedge - is Monday any good with you for a BCNM40?
                  Monday should be ok, can we list whos doing it.

If its ok I would prefer it to have at least me and another who has done this before, BCNM40 Steamed Sprouts is usually the most popular choice.

So we have:

Wedge - Brd
                  Talizker - ???

And who else?

Rare did you want to give this a go?

Comment

Go on Rare, you know you want to do this... We can organise to go back to Garlaige Citadel to find the furnace thingy as well

Tsing is doing it and hopefully Darwock too so we will just need one more!

Oh yeah, I will be RDM/BLM
                    Last edited by talizker; 06-04-2005, 22:47.

Comment

Well, I know I'm going to kick myself in the future for doing this, but I've decided to come back to FF. I had a good long think about what it was that killed it for me, but in the end I realised that the reason I finished with the game was that when I changed servers, I lost so much. I lost so many friends on Seraph, and on Remora the situation was that I only had a small few, very close friends. The endgame scene on Remora is dire. As such, I'm starting a new character on Seraph. I won't play the game nearly as much as I used to, but hopefully I will be able to rejoin the rargh community that was arguably the finest time I had in the game.

So look out for me some time within the next week. I have no idea what job I want to be, or what my character will be called, but chances are I will end up as a warrior, a monk, a summoner or a bard. Undecided . Hell, I might even be a dragoon just for the fun of it .

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                        Well, I know I'm going to kick myself in the future for doing this, but I've decided to come back to FF. I had a good long think about what it was that killed it for me, but in the end I realised that the reason I finished with the game was that when I changed servers, I lost so much. I lost so many friends on Seraph, and on Remora the situation was that I only had a small few, very close friends. The endgame scene on Remora is dire. As such, I'm starting a new character on Seraph. I won't play the game nearly as much as I used to, but hopefully I will be able to rejoin the rargh community that was arguably the finest time I had in the game.

So look out for me some time within the next week. I have no idea what job I want to be, or what my character will be called, but chances are I will end up as a warrior, a monk, a summoner or a bard. Undecided . Hell, I might even be a dragoon just for the fun of it .
                        You played WoW for a bit as well didnt you, what makes you decide to go back to FFXI over WoW.

Seraph has gone through some changes since you left, prices for one are quite a bit higher.

As for Rargh it too was my best moments for the game back when it was quite a busy LS, however that has changed too, while it still has a few long time players and some new people too, alot of which post on here although I think most have 2nd LS's as do I now, after quite a few dropped the LS and stopped playing it seems to have been lacking that something it once had.

Comment

Problem we have with Rargh at the moment is getting out new pearls. Had a good 2 or 3 who would have been interested and instead they're migrating over to other LS's and unfortunately as Rargh gets less busy others are going with them.

Anyone interested in doing anything about this before we end up with no one left in Rargh. Think looking at it there are only 2 sack holders left in Wedgemoon and Cessarion. If we want to keep the place together we need to do something sooner than later...

Other than that welcome back 1/2 pint, give me a shout online if there's anything you need to get kicked off again and I'll see what I can do to help.

As for BCNM40 I will be there and will be PLD/WAR, do we want to try for more than 1 run if we're going to get everyone together?

And finally last night was a blast, we went into Bedeaux to get our Map for Ranguemont Pass and successfully did it. Killed the Headhunter 3 times and Gascon once. Hicory now has her items for rank 5 and Tal, Dar and I all have maps! Was great fun doing it with just the 4 of us 41 BLM/RDM 41 RDM/BLM 42 PLD/WAR & 31WHM/BLM. The old challenge was there along with the risk of failure. All in all excellent.

Comment

I'm in for the battles on monday night, as BLM/SMN.

If we're doing the lot (one each?) on the night, then do we just repeat the same battle? Tsing mentioned picking one we each wanted to do, if we're doing that I'll probably just pick one at random. Thrill of the unexpected and all that!

I hope these battles can be done without using 2hrs - otherwise I guess we're going to have to make them semi-regular events until everybody has put an orb in , to keep it fair?

Oh yeah, wedge and tal, did you ever get the 'making amens' quest logged?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                              Oh yeah, wedge and tal, did you ever get the 'making amens' quest logged?
                              I haven't yet but I am heading to Windurst tonight to start on quests as there are several items I want and I really need to increase my fame there...

Comment

All this talk about events in Vana'diel are making me wish I had the time to play it.

Still, once the course is finished, early June, I'm planning to spend as much time as I can in the game, with both characters. (not a bad motivator, imo)

Comment

Working...
                                X