Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok looking at thing I think we're going to need a WHM as well so I'd guess for the last slot a RNG will be the ticket, we're a bit light on DD but we should be ok...

If we can sort it I'm guessing the set up will be

WHM
    BLM
    RDM
    BRD
    PLD
    RNG

Problem is if I go down you have no support tank. Alternative is to take and extra melee have RDM main heal and BLM heal the BRD. That way we could get a DRK for stun.

I reckon we can handle this one, lets go for it.

Here's the posts on Alla

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/quests.html?fquest=331

More I look at it more I favour a

BRD/WHM
    RDM/WHM
    BLM/WHM
    PLD/WAR
    DRK/WAR
    RNG/NIN or WAR/NIN or WAR/THF

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao
      Ok looking at thing I think we're going to need a WHM as well so I'd guess for the last slot a RNG will be the ticket, we're a bit light on DD but we should be ok...

If we can sort it I'm guessing the set up will be

WHM
      BLM
      RDM
      BRD
      PLD
      RNG

Problem is if I go down you have no support tank. Alternative is to take and extra melee have RDM main heal and BLM heal the BRD. That way we could get a DRK for stun.

I reckon we can handle this one, lets go for it.

Here's the posts on Alla

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/quests.html?fquest=331

More I look at it more I favour a

BRD/WHM
      RDM/WHM
      BLM/WHM
      PLD/WAR
      DRK/WAR
      RNG/NIN or WAR/NIN or WAR/THF
      Just a note, my WHM is only 15 (sub for BLM) so I was planning on going as RDM/BLM. I don't know anything about the fights (not read up on them...) so not sure what capacity a RDM is used. I obviously won't have Refresh (level 41) but with Convert I basically get 2 stacks of MP asuming I don't take too much damage. I have got some good INT gear so can do a reasonable BLM roll for Damage as well as the normal enfeebles etc.

Comment

Rdm stays back with the brd and keeps his hp up. that's about it. convert is the reason rdm takes this role.

We need a whm to heal everyone else, maybe a blm can do this, but must conserve mp for mainly healing.

Also I don't think its a good idea to have 3 mages, unless of course the blm nukes, im not sure how effective blm is though.

Really we need to be quite fast taking out the mandy's as there wont be much chance for the mages to rest.

We should be ok on this, once the black mandy is out the way the rng pulls one of the sleeping mandys, after a few they can be hard to pull of the brd, so some extra provoking might be needed.

Lets make some gil everyone, im sure we can do this.

Comment

Also note I can only go as BLM/RDM or BLM/SMN (I prefer option 2 for pure damage dealing, my healing is weak)

If BLM isn't any use for this fight, then erm.. well can we do a different one? I could sit it out but I've been waiting months for the opportunity to do some BCNMs, I don't care which one it is.

Something else I think might be relevant is I have no inventory space at all - 1 or 2 spaces, that's it. My moghouse is full, and my delivery box is full. After a victory is there a bunch of items in the armoury boxes that you need to have space for?
          Last edited by Darwock; 11-04-2005, 13:25.

Comment

I really don't know about blm, it might be fine, maybe some reading on AK will tell us.

I don't know about the other bcnm's this one is the one most go for as it has some valuable drops, last time I did bcnm40 I got about 500k.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
              Also note I can only go as BLM/RDM or BLM/SMN (I prefer option 2 for pure damage dealing, my healing is weak)

If BLM isn't any use for this fight, then erm.. well can we do a different one? I could sit it out but I've been waiting months for the opportunity to do some BCNMs, I don't care which one it is.

Something else I think might be relevant is I have no inventory space at all - 1 or 2 spaces, that's it. My moghouse is full, and my delivery box is full. After a victory is there a bunch of items in the armoury boxes that you need to have space for?
              Yup you will need 5 or so spaces, don't forget space for food and such.

One solution to this would be to make mule.

I have 6 mules, one for stackable items, one for equipment, two for fishing and two just to have quick access to other town AH's.

Comment

Ok sounds like we need a WHM, without barsleepra we've got a problem with the mandy sleep spells. In that case the BLM/SMN can go all out and use an avatar to help with tanking.

We can get away without a DRK for stun but it relies on me building TP to use flat blade. If we get a RNG we could go all out for DD with BLM / RNG, that leaves the WHM to look after the melee and RDM to look after the BRD. I do my usual of taking hits and not much damage.

Ok so I think the question is who knows a good WHM at 40. Either that or we could go do a BCNM 30 so we have more jobs we can use. I know a few WHMs but not sure if they'll come to a 40 as they're all 65+. If we do a 30 we can use Hic or Wedge for WHM. Lets have a think, everything is open to us just need to decide what will work.
                Last edited by Tsingtao; 11-04-2005, 14:05.

Comment

As its a late start we should have time to find a whm.

I think we should go for bcnm40 for this round.

Comment

A subbed avatar is only good for pulling and special buffs unfortunately, as a tank it would only take 2 hits and then vanish - also it would be a drain on MP that could be put to better use with elemental magic.

I've resisted starting a mule character so far but it's looking increasingly like it can't be avoided. Will see how I can juggle my items tonight.

Whoever we get for the other members has to be cool with the way we are sharing prizes i.e. selling the lot and dividing the cash between us. I'm still a bit unclear on how this will work with the AH fees etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock

I have plenty of space on my mule if you want to unload some gear before we go matey - I don't charge much for storage ^^

Comment

I think the answer is we hawk the lot and money obtained less the auction fees is split. I'm currently running 4 mules (1 in every major city) and I'm happy to auction the gear off. Wedge was suggesting gear worth less tahn 10k we just allow to drop to whoever and they get it.

I think we should aim to get someone we know, I will try Chuk and Fallflows to see if they're up for it as WHM. Unless everyones favourite WHM Mahlory fancies coming out for the night. Would be good if we could keep it in the LS but we're just short that 40+ WHM right now.

For the ranger I think PrincesBlade, Jstrtrx, Tobal or Mob would all be fine. We've all partied with one or more of them and know they're up to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao
                          I think the answer is we hawk the lot and money obtained less the auction fees is split. I'm currently running 4 mules (1 in every major city) and I'm happy to auction the gear off. Wedge was suggesting gear worth less tahn 10k we just allow to drop to whoever and they get it.

I think we should aim to get someone we know, I will try Chuk and Fallflows to see if they're up for it as WHM. Unless everyones favourite WHM Mahlory fancies coming out for the night. Would be good if we could keep it in the LS but we're just short that 40+ WHM right now.

For the ranger I think PrincesBlade, Jstrtrx, Tobal or Mob would all be fine. We've all partied with one or more of them and know they're up to scratch.
                          Not sure about Jstrtrx but I don't think Princesblade's RNG is 40+. Was talking to her? last night about possibly doing it and said she? would have to come as SAM/RNG.

Comment

We completed six rounds of BCNM40 getting an estimated total of 2.6 Million Gil.

Comment

Inbound gil notification, Erase has sold! 100k in the mog mail to each member of the team.

Can you grab them as soon as so I can get the next lot to you and the rest of the junk to my mules ^^.

Man I'm sleepy this morning just accidentally bought a nomads mantel from a bizaar. Got to sell that now to just lose 7k on the mistake. Bums

Comment

Been on at lunchtime and collected my deliveries, cheers Tsing. What a nice delivery box that was!

I also had a look at the auction histories and there was a scroll of Phalanx sold by Kasha, so another 50K will be on it's way to us soon I'd imagine!

Comment

Working...
                                X