Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on now - reckon the last struggle was due to loads of folk connecting at the same time. Should I wait for you tal?

Comment

at last I'm in pol ^_^

Comment

Give it a couple of mins. All i'm getting is Error POL-2070 logging in...

If i'm not on by 11.30 i'm off to bed!

Comment

OK, 3 minutes to go by my reckoning... and dammit windy is out of single prism powders ><

Every clock I look at gives a different time, the time right now could be anything in a half-hour window, lol. Can you post when you've given up?

Comment

Tiger dead tal, are you able to get back on?

Comment

^^

Basically 2 mins after i got on i got a /tell form AByan asking if i wanted to help kill Roc. So i headed down to Citidel entrence and join a few players from Overture. We had SMN RNG RNG PLD PLD WHM BLM and me. The fight lasted about 10mins and didnt cause much probs. **** drops though, but i got cool title "Roc Star" ^^. thats was a pleasent suprise.

Comment

Victorrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Comment

Needed my kip badly after a 1:45am finish last night (stupid downtime!) so excuse the previous one word post, but I am now ready to collect my first piece of AF equipment

Big thanks to talizker for persisting with the server problems, enduring a death at the aurora crevasse, waiting 30 mins for a raise, staying up so late and finally the buffs and cures

There was somebody there to keep the demons busy (Ponskun, the only guy in Valdeaunia who responded to our raise request) so I really couldn't have asked for a better opportunity.

With the rate Demon's were spawning around us I had to abandon my pride and just leave the curing to talizker... getting it dealt with ASAP was the priority so I used everything I had for damage, and left the 'MP management plan' on the shelf. Just spammed it really, although I did have to juggle weapons. I'd say it was only losing about 1-2mm of HP bar with every hit from my most powerful spells, but amazingly I didn't run out of MP! Aspir and refresh super-combo! At roughly 20% to go I hit manafont and was able to finish the job.

Great fun, definitely one to go on my list of most memorable FFXI adventures ^^

Was it tonight or tomorrow you wanted to have a crack at yours tal?
                  Last edited by Darwock; 20-04-2005, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                    Was it tonight or tomorrow you wanted to have a crack at yours tal?
                    I think Thursday will be best as I can get on a little earlier and I really want to go and to some scouting in Davoi tonight to figure out what we are up against.

After hearing Tsing's AF1 story and witnessing yours last night I can only imagine we'll need at least a full party around our level. I guess I'll see who is willing to help me out and then decide if Thursday is doable.

Enjoyed last night also - I'm kicking myself for not getting any pictures of your fight but I always seem to forget in the heat of the moment. I got a few shots of me laying dead on the floor mind^^
                    Last edited by talizker; 20-04-2005, 09:23.

Comment

Game arrived today,just spent over an hour installing.....and it's down for maintenance!!
                      Anyway as i'm waiting to start playing any tips of what type of character to go for,world,jobs e.t.c.
                      Would be helpful as i have'nt done that yet!!
                      Oh well give's me time to play WOW or time to browse the manual!!

Comment

Yeah I forgot the pics too, but at least I got some on monday night. About yours, I wouldn't get too discouraged yet, not until we discover what we're up against. That quest of mine was obviously *never* meant to take us up against the Demons... Blizzard II only did 18 points of damage and I couldn't land a single weapon hit!! (was entertaining getting to tank one for a while when Ponskun called for help lol). Like Rarehero said before, Square-enix would not have designed these quests so they couldn't be done without high level help.

Last night it was either lucky breaks in the surrounding aggro or something like your stoneskin & zone plan that were the keys to victory, not brute force. Ironic that the first time we went there and discovered the elemental, I ran around it for ages with no demon-problems at all, but didn't attack because I was too scared lol. To think we could have done it then.... heheh!

Anyway, getting sidetracked - my point is maybe your quest will have a similar way of approaching it? I guess you'll get a better idea tonight ^^
                        Last edited by Darwock; 20-04-2005, 10:26.

Comment

Hi bagpuss, welcome to the game... my only suggestion as to character type or nation is to go with whatever you want ^^ in reality some races are better at specific jobs but there wouldn't be much fun if everybody was the same!

Comment

Thanks for the help.Bit annoying the server's down,my day off today!!
                            Just noticed the update will take over an hour!!!
                            I'll just have to play my psp for a while now!!
                            Noticed you come from glasgow,my home town live in england now mind.

Comment

Agreed, the reason I am going tonight is to check out mob levels / density where the NM mob will be. That should give us a good idea of what will be required. Whatever happens though I think we will need a tank...

I don't know if it was the same for Tsing but certainly last night it was the environment and surrounding mobs that were the issue - not the NM you had to fight. Maybe that is the idea?

I was actually fairly pleased when we helped take the Demon down as my Sword was hitting for around 12 + an extra 5 from the En-Spell. I think my Blizzard (I) did 20 damage but I can't be sure now?

I also chuckled about the 1st visit. I estimate there was three times the Demons in the area this time! I'm sure we could have done it easily(ish!) then.

Comment

Noticed you come from glasgow,my home town live in england now mind.
                                Really? In that case I'd suggest going as any race that *isn't* Elvaan and living in San D'Oria lol. You'll get the same feeling of persecution that you do in real life

Comment

Working...
                                X