Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, you could have just told them to follow your marker on the map to find you

Comment

but no, instead they watch me die and then kill the yagudas after im eating dirt, just because I was hunting the same things as them and they knew I would take there yagudas! assholes
      That so sucks

Of course, you could have just told them to follow your marker on the map to find you
      That would have worked, but getting from Yuhtunga to Yhaotor involves falling down a Hole (like the one in giddeus) at a specific point - that takes you into a cave system, you have to find your way out of that and then you can get on the path to Yhaotor. It's pretty tricky if you've not done it before.

I'm going Paladin myself <-no other suitable emoticon

Comment

I was talking to some guys online earlier about a FFXI Movie that someone had made.. it's really good and well worth a look.

Download it here: http://ffvault.ign.com/index.php?dir=movies

Comment

Ok guys, just got this installed today. I'm gonna spend tonight deciding what character to make, any tips?

I'm thinking Elvaan or Mithra and going down the Ninja road, or Human and leaning towards Samurai.

Total noob so any advice is helpful

Ta

G

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
            Ok guys, just got this installed today. I'm gonna spend tonight deciding what character to make, any tips?

I'm thinking Elvaan or Mithra and going down the Ninja road, or Human and leaning towards Samurai.

Total noob so any advice is helpful

Ta

G
            hmm, been a while since i visited these pages...

anyway, great for you g-funk. the more the better. make sure you get yourself to seraph. dont get bored if you dont get yourself in seraph after several tries, keep at it and you'll succeed. goodluck with the ninja mate.. . i am sure a lot of peps here had enough of my mis-adventures with ninja class. so i wont repeat it again.....

well, i am downloading the movie Akasha(d-sub) mentioned, 33MB!!!, have to watch it once it finished. ill post what i think of it tom...

keep up the good work, by the time most of us are a little higher in level we might be able to group together. i am thinking by the time the lowest level is 20, we could do missions in jeuno. though i have not done any missions yet, and a lot of peps have urged me to (Sturn), i will do them soon.

cheers!

Comment

nice movie that one D-Sub. nice cinematography too and the music is cool. i wonder how those peps did it.

Comment

I'm a level 6 white mage 8). If g-funk can get to Windurst, or start there, I will join with him, with my uber-l337ness etc... :yawn:

And btw, it's sdub, not d-sub

Comment

Tobal's Fishing Adventure #1

While waiting for a party in qufim, i got in some quality fishing time

Here's me, catching my 1st 'fish' of the day. A Sea Bishop, Luckly a high lvl player was around and got it for me while i hid inthe canyon crapping my pants.

Soon after another catch....

the next day another brilliant, catch.

This time no help, just hole lot of running and being hit for 190 a time.

After that, i took it that the gaming god's don't want me fishing in qufim and soon stopped to do some leveling before heading back to Selbina, where i proply caught 36 sardines and 24 quus to give me a happy ending.

Comment

i must get around to installing this!!
                    g-funk what character did you end up going for and what job have you chosen? do you know what server your on? just asking cuz maybe we can go on some noob adventure as we will both be starting around same levels.

Comment

And btw, it's sdub, not d-sub
                      lol thanks Half Pint

All the new people who are going to be installing and making characters, make sure you are on the Serpah server because thats where the majority of us are, and we have a good Linkshell going.

Also make sure you let me know your character name when you have made them so I can give you a Linkpearl. Then just look for Akasha when you are online. You can also look for Wedgemoon.. I think he is back from holiday soon...

Comment

I know I've been on mostly during the day recently while I am 'betwen jobs' but I will be on during the day AND all of the evening tomorrow.. just for those who would like a Linkpearl, tomorrow is the day to get one!

Comment

I've not actually decided what character to make, I'm thinking of just going with Hume/Warrior but I reckon everyone must choose that, no?

Are there any good online guides to character building so I can plan ahead?

allday247, I'll get back to you as soon as I'm sorted, I reckon 2 heads are better than one.

Comment

Nice pics Tobal

G-funk, I'd say decide on class first then choose race. Some races are better at certain jobs than others. WAR/MNK -> galka. BLM/WHM -> Taru. THF -> Mithra. Best site I've found is http://ffxi.allakhazam.com it's got info on all the jobs and forums linked to each one, very useful.

On a not-so-nice note. I saw the first person kicked out of a party yesterday. He was our high level RDM, we we're really relying on him to nuke our enemies and he just went AFK during a big fight without saying anything. One of our party members got killed twice(!) before we managed to subdue the enemy. So we gave him a 30 sec. countdown and kicked him out.

On a happier note. I write Fan Fiction for FF XI (have done for several games before as well) I received an e-mail from the editor of the IGN.com FFXI Vault website and they are going to publish my stories! 8) Once they get my section up and running I'll post a link on here.

Comment

After deciding to have a Black Mage Support Job I can recommend the job to any newcomers to the game. Nuking enemies with different spells is immensely satisfying and even the difficult lvl12-15 period seems to be going relatively easily. They even seem able to solo quite effectively especially if your Enfeebling magic skill level is quite high. Bind an enemy so they can't get in close range then casting Poison/Bio followed by Elemental magic to deal the major damage.

I've even got a 100% success rate with Even Match enemies which I never had when using the Thief.

Comment

Ooh I am enjoying leveling up my BLM subjob as well C'. It makes a nice change to just be able to nuke your enemy instead of having to keep an eye on everyone's hit points.. although I will go back to being a WHM.

Comment

Working...
                                X