X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the official FFXI US site:

PvP is Coming!
    Big news included the addition of conquest-related player vs. player battles (not PK) and new limbo areas.
    PK means player killing right? If that's the case then noone has to worry about death.

Comment

The PvP in FFXI will be strictly colliseum based, therefore you don't have to worry about being randomly PKed by an ass.

*remembers PSO*

Comment

whta is going on the seraph server lately? the laaaag was getting unbearable. just today, i can't log in to the lobby. i can connect to playonline but after selecting my handle to enter the game, i cannot get in. do you think some peps are beginning to hack into the server? or is it just a temporary server problem that SE can fix...?

Comment

I've been noticing strange occurences over the weekend as well. On Saturday evening I logged out then tried to log in almost immediately after and it wouldn't even attempt to connect. Eventually it would at least try but failed each time.

Sunday morning it worked fine then it happened again. Although this time it took 5 minutes to start workig again. This morning the same thing occured. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or whether there's a problem at my end as well.

Comment

Today servers had a problem and we couldn't login....

I think they've fixed it, not sure as I haven't tried to login since.

The search feature was really laggy on the weekend :/

Comment

I had the same thing yesterday - Bastok area crashed on me and I couldn't log back on. I was praying for my character as I was in between areas when the crash occured. Apparently there was an update to solve the login problems that occured before the weekend and it caused even more problems. I'm playing now though so all is well again it seems.
              I made Paladin over the weekend! lv 10 at the mo hoping to hit 12 or maybe 13 today

Comment

im on the siren server and have never had a problem.

Although i couldnt get into the area of the san AH yesterday

Comment

Dang! not been able to get online since sunday cos of the server problems

Anyway to pass the time, here's some Japanese FFxi crazyness.

http://www.video-fenky.com/

I'll also add this funny review of FFxi

mms://stream.techtv.com/windows/xpla...108d_165_0.asf

DAM you Uber Bunny!

Comment

Are there any good support pages? My mate just installed his and it keeps messing up when it starts downloading the updates. The initial install goes fine and he registers it ok, but when it is downloading the updated files he gets an error midway through.

Comment

how can I find the name of the executable that runs when you play FFXI? I need to know so I can set up some advanced graphic options but it won't let me alt+tab and check the task manager to find it

Comment

It looks like the game is being updated proper now (this of course means that my server is down until 10:00 so I can't play at the moment) But at least I'm a paladin now, and this update should resolve the problem.

About money. It's a darn big issue in this game. It's hard to say if the economy is broken - I don't play enough MMORPG's to make an informed judgement but I've found making money is very, very hard. There's no quick way to make some cash. Best ways I've found is to either get fishing. But seeing as about 80% of players use that as their way of making money the fish market must inevitably collapse at some point. the shops give you horrendously little cmpared to the auction house, so killing loads of things for items to sell doesn't make you lots quick. And you can only sell 7 items simultaneously(sp?) so the AH isn't the money maker it could be. I'm not in money trouble at the moment. But where i'm gonna get the cash to buy my lush paladin-armour is still beyond me. I've actually been levelling my THF joblevel to make some cash that way but it hardly seems to be working.

Comment

hi,

the thief class does not guarantee cash in FFXI. true stealing helps but it will only be useful against humanoids mobs like quadavs, goblins or yagudos. but the items that you can steal are often useless, coins, silver beastcoins etc. however, if you have some skills in blacksmithing you can turn silver beastcoins into silver ingots. someone told me that a stack of silver ingots would fetch a sum of 24k in AH. not bad, but the time you spend stealing coins and levelling up your blacksmithing will be costly and time consuming. if you want to ensure that the thief class will provide you some needed money, i think you should level it to 15, enough to get the steal abilities, gil finder and treasure hunter passive abilities. then start farming using a higher job with thief as sub. a lvl 30 main and a 15 thf sub would get you some decent money.

btw, here's me and poochyena together when we were in a party yesterday. excuse the geezer who wouldn't stay out of the shot.

Comment

My little brother is getting everywhere it seems.

He doesn't even post on here FFS

BTW - Aegen I'm planning on making a trip across the Marshlands again today after a failed expedition into Ordelle's Caves last night. Jeuno better be worth it man

Oh and how are you guys getting screens online?

Comment

Taru-cults

Comment

AAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

that is just the cutest thing ever

Comment

Working...
                                X