Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, well I was planning to get my thief up to level 15 at some point. At the moment though i'm levelling my PAL, trying to keep up with you Aegen. Unfortunately I'm lv 15 and your lv 20 already and looks like you moved to Jeuno/Qufim last night.... you'll streak ahead there for sure. I might actually concentrate on thief for a while, I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

i will be staying here in dunes for a bit. i will need some cash so i will stay and farm a bit. my dark is level 21 now, i wont be levelling it anytime soon. i need some money to buy 2 balance rings and some earrings. once i get those, i will carry on levelling my dark in qufim.

i hope we can play together in qufim Sturn. it wont be long anyway to lvl up your pld in dunes. hope to see you there...

Comment

Well Aegen told me to go to Qufim. Sounded like it would be level up-o-rama if I headed there.

Got there yesterday and been playing for about 5 hours tonight. Guess how many levels I gained. 3, maybe 4.

I've logged off with approximately 200exp more than when I started at 6pm. Possibly one of my worst FF11 experiences I've had since buying the game. Firstly it took 2 hours to even get invited to a party then, that party disbanded almost before it had even begun. Then I waited around trying to find another party and that got as far as the Tower but each battle seemed to end up in disaster and us fleeing to the zone point.

Truly hideous gaming. I pray tommorrow brings more joy

BTW Aegen I'm not taking a pop at you in any way. I tell this story so fellow players can laugh at my misfortune

Comment

You'll have those days...

Personally I go JP only since n00b americans fail to get me EXP ><

I really miss the days when I could get a few JP PTs and get lv20-30 in 2-3 days.... those days pwned

Comment

There's some news and screenshots about the new "limbo" areas which are going to introduced to the game soon, click here.

Is it me, or do those screens look like the actual cities? the bottom one looks alot like sandoria and the 2nd from bottom looks like bastok. would be really cool to fight in the cities!

Comment

how can I find the name of the executable that runs when you play FFXI? I need to know so I can set up some advanced graphic options but it won't let me alt+tab and check the task manager to find it
              You can change graphics settings by going to the following:
              Programs ->
              Playonline ->
              Final Fantasy XI ->
              Final Fantasy XI Config

This is on your normal desktop not in the Playonline interface, and you have to be out of Playonline to use it.

Comment

it's alright now mate, found out it was pol.exe. Wanted to sort out some antialiasing and anistropic filtering for the game as it don't give the options for those in the actual config menu </nerd>

Comment

Just come off from another 4 hour + session. However, this couldn't have been more different from yesterday's disastorous performance. Found myself a real good party after an hour of waiting 9although I honestly fell asleep at my desk whilst waiting and awoke to find myself disconnected due to lack on input on my part ) and put in a good few hours partying on Qufim. Made it to lvl22 with my THF and even made good headway towards lvl23.

Over all a great day. Aegen thanks for the advice to go to Qufim

Comment

C`, once you hit level 23, I advise you and your LS, or anyone high enough to help you get kazam pass. You'll need 3 treasure chest keys from Yughott's Grotto, Palborough mines and Giddeus.

Once you obtain the kazam pass you can use the airship (!) to travel to kazam, an island which is REALLY good for levelling from 23-30.

Comment

I'm sorta stuck between my two jobs at the moment, I've got thf up to 10 and I hit 17 with my Pal before i logged off last night. I'm interestedin levelling both now but levelling Pal further means doing th dunes for another 3 levels on dunes *sigh* then going to qufim again for 20-23 *sigh* and then heading out to kazham once again. I've done all that with my warrior to get him up to 30. I think i'll go for diversity and play as THF a bit more. I will level my paladin job further of course but for now i'm going to keep mixing it up between THF and Pal.

Comment

hi,

C'. i am sorry you did not liked your experiences in Qufim. what i dont understand though is that, you said you played 5 hours and you gained 3 to 4 levels in qufim? heck, that is good. i dont know what you are complaining about if thats the case . i think one of the main factors why it is difficult to get a pt in qufim is the class of the character you play. i have nothing against the thief class(in fact i have leveled THF to 30), but often they are being passed by in favour of a WAR or any other melee classes. i was in several PT while in qufim and when we build a PT eveyone just ignore the THF and the PT would be willing to wait until a WAR is available. i don't know why this is the case but it certainly answers some of your questions...

anyway, i was in qufim from level 20 and it only took me the weekend to reach lvl 25. now i am in kazham, hoping to get to lvl 30 or perhaps lv 33 where i will head back to jeuno again.

Comment

I'm really unsure what to do. I used to enjoy the game, but I haven't played it for almost a week now and I simply find it really boring . I'm tempted to just cancel my subscription altogether - it ain't exactly cheap, especially if I'm not even playing it. It really used to excite me, but now I feel something's missing .

Comment

Aegen mate, you have no needto apologise atall. My mentioning of yourname was purely as a joke.

My comment about 3 or 4 levels gained has come across incorrectly (the difficulty of the written word). I didn't actually gain any levels whatsoever,and the '3 or4 levels gained' statement was meant to have a question mark after it, to signify how many levels could I have gained in that time with a good party. In actuality I gained 200exp that night which is bad by any standards.

But Ido think my choice of THF class is hindering my party chances (and my choice of BLM as a sub probably doesn't help any). I'vebeen logging on andoff all afternoon (nevergettinga party) and therehas also been anoter THF22 who has been waiting just as long. The THF is unwanted for sure. The sooner I get it to level 30 so I can becomea Ninja the better.

Comment

thf/blm you know how to make things hard for yourself

Comment

But I've found it actually works rather well. In a solo fight I cast Blaze Spikes on Myself, Sneak Attack, Bio the enemy then melee it out with a couple of elemental spells to tip the odds in my favour. Using that I can easily take out any Even Match enemy whereas I could never beat an Em as a standard THF.

Comment

Working...
                                X