Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you need a team to get the lanterns.

What are people doing tonight, anyone feel like doing an Enm Holla.

Im going for level 52 tonight, then maybe some sea fishing.

Comment

not sure if i'll be on tonight, liverscum vs cockneyturds is on.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
        I think you need a team to get the lanterns.

What are people doing tonight, anyone feel like doing an Enm Holla.

Im going for level 52 tonight, then maybe some sea fishing.
        Would love to do an ENM tonight as I am only 400 into Lv60 after last nights death. Problem is I logged of in Davoi ready to try again and I may not be on until 10pm tonight anyway ><

Comment

I'm not sure myself yet rare but my understanding is that latterns are dropped by tonberries in the temple, we'll need a party to get our hands on them. The map for the temple is in the coffer and I thought each having a map really wouldn't hurt us or at least a couple of us having maps at the very least. As far as I'm aware the coffer mobs also drop the latterns so we can combine these 2.

After that we need the [paint brush I think to get these we need a Temple Key, think this ones similar to the key for the furnace in garliage. The good news I think we only need one for the party, but getting an extra couple may be useful for people later in the game as it's used to open the way to the Den on Rancor.

The latterns are needed to move into the Den from the main Temple.

After we get all this sorted we just have to reset our Tonberry hate, not a cheep thing looking at it and then head out to clear the BCNM. At this point I thought we'd concentrate first on getting the key items we need and the map then from there we'll worry about the BCNM once we're all set.

Comment

About a year ago now, a group of the linkshell ?old guard? fought coffer mobs in Temple of Uggalepih (magic pots mostly I think) and as a group of 9 people (between 50-55 iirc) they were pretty tough fights. I?d imagine that a party of 60+ should handle them better but would likely still require full concentration (especially against Tonberrys, they are awful with Everyone?s Grudge and Throat Stab). I think the coffers are pretty difficult to get to as well with a few spawn locations being located behind the Temple Guardian door (this is a Doll mob) which is a pretty tough fight. I actually know this area of the Temple pretty well as this is the route I took for our attempts at the infamous Katana NM.

The room where he is thought is always the same room where the Paintbrush of Souls is used. I wouldn?t mind getting my own Paintbrush as there are a couple of NMs in the Den of Rancor that I want to check out.

The quest to be able to reset tonberry hate I?ve also done but completing the quest only gives you the option of visiting (I think) a tonberry NPC in Temple of Uggalepih who charges you gil to reset it. The NPC who gave the initial quest mentioned something but was vague so I haven?t actually done this part yet myself (but the most expensive part, the items he asks for, have been handed in for me).

Comment

Think it would bve nice for all of us to get all the items, but then I'm a total completion freak. I know I'd like all 3 tiems, the lattern, the paintbrush and the map. We'll take a venture in and con some mobs in the near future to gauge the place but I think we'll be looking at mobs around t - VT for us and probably DC- EM for you.

As for tonberry hate lets hold off resetting that till right before we go, we'll go get our keys and all that first for everyone. I really don't want to see myself take 2000 damage from everyones grudge in the BCNM. Based on levels unless I catch up a lot in the weeks you're away you'll end up main tank as your damage output will be to much for me. If I can get within 2 levels I can probably tank but I think thats doubtful a whole lot of xp for me to get there

Good thing is that if we have sleep trouble I can always kite mobs as support tank while you clear up the others with the rest of the guys. Earth staff on standby!

As for it being difficult we're Rargh we do difficult stuff! We tweak the nose of terror, and laugh in the face of danger.

Comment

For Wedge:

Comment

They look great!

Having never really seen a BST at work i'm looking forward to seeing Wedge in action (so to speak...!).

Completed G3 last night which I must say was very enjoyable - a pleasant change being able to tackle something like this solo.

Well - I haven't had much feedback for tonight but if everything goes how I hope we have got the following planned:

Talizker - AF3 NM (Guardian Statue / Doll) in Garlaige Citidel
                  Bevan - AF3 NM in Davoi (Tsing has the lowdown on this bad boy)
                  Wedge - Dark Spark

So far the following people have shown interest (other than those above!) are Rare, Mosley & Apathye. I think both the AF3 NM's will need solid parties so please come along and bring your friends ^^
                  Last edited by talizker; 29-09-2005, 09:07.

Comment

The feeling of running through Korroloka Tunnel with a charmed pet scorpion following you is really quite exhilarating. Really puts the fear of god into all those players who choose to level from 10 to 14 there rather than Valkurm Dunes.

One thing I like to do, is to use familiar while I have one charmed, then pay a visit to one of those groups and announce that I'm going afk I come back 5 minutes later to see tells of "please don't let it kill us" or the always funny "{Death} {Please} {No Thanks}"

Some of my better times were spent in that tunnel - particular highlights for me included the "Jammer leech parade" and a fun little game I used to play "Dodge the sea monk"

The job has great potential and I look forward to seeing it continue to shine

Comment

I?ll come. No need for any farming tonight so I should be free. What time does this plan to go ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                        I?ll come. No need for any farming tonight so I should be free. What time does this plan to go ahead?
                        Thanks Rare

I put 9pm on the LS message but I will get on as early as I can now we have three NMs to tackle.

Comment

Bevan will face 2 mobs in Davoi, one is a PLD and the other is a RNG. Can't remember the exact names but its fairly obvious, dude with sword and shields the PLD and the dude spamming arrows is the Ranger. Think both mobs are pretty much unsleepable so you'll need dual Tanks. On my run a 75 RDM soloed the PLD while the rest of the party dealt with the RNG. The RNG is the dangerous customer and was tanked by a 75 NIN with a 75 BLM and 75 RNG supporting. Healing was from me (59 PLD) and a 66 WHM.

Key seems to be to get a tank and a healer to hold the PLD while everyone else kills the ranger as fast as possible. The PLD has bags of HP but isn't all that dangerous, once the ranger is down its just pure attrition. It will take time but it's not to bad...

The other issue is you are in an agro zone, mostly EP to 60 with one VT thrown in (Orcish Dreadnaught). Clear the are prior to the fight and if the dreadnaught pops get someone to sleep him and deal with him after.

The fight zone is the big area at the South of the map and the Mobs are spawned from the well. Make sure Bevan has compelted all his prerequisites to spawnt he mob he should have got a letter from an NPC in sandy and had it confirmed in needs dipping in the well.

Comment

That does indeed sound like a tricky one ^^

Comment

I?ve never been to a PLD AF3 before but from the sounds of it, it should be a really interesting battle.

I should be ok holding the PLD I think if everyone else wants to pile onto the RNG. PLD are a much more straightforward tanking proposition compared to a RNG.

Comment

Yup the nasty thing is with a non-ninja tank is EES, it can kill the PLD in one shot. Requires the PLD to pay close attention and if they see EES being readied hit invincible otehrwise its very possible to be left with a grease spot. Sure it will keep whoever is tanking amused, in all honestly whoever has the highest damage output should consider subbing NIN. Not sure what damage it would do to a post 70 player, probably not much of an issue I'd guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X