X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 minutes to update!? BS! .

Comment

I have just been reading up on bard job while getting the update (another 42 minutes for me). Seems like there is quite alot more to the job than I thought which is good.

Oh and hurray I got a job at KFC today, im sure it will be great

Comment

I couldn't find information about the update on the site >_<

And the update should have finished 10 minutes ago, ffs!

Comment

Is anybody getting a 'cannot connect to server' error message when they get into the FFXI main bit?

Comment

I have not tried logging back in yet, got the update but it wasnt letting me in after it.

I decided it was a good time to update graphics drivers etc, also sort out why the sound effects in the game are so quiet.

Comment

ok, picture time..

my level 40 armor...cheap one

altepa desert at the kuzoth's region(where you also find rabao)...perfect for lvling at 44 and up..

yey, im level 49, and my mythril armor set is complete

glazier area where we took the backdoor of batallia downs for Genkai item Papyrus....still have none

it is really getting harder to find parties at my current level. its either you make your own party or else you wont move along the experience ladder. also im finding it difficult to get the genkai(level 50 cap limit quest) items, particularly the papyrus item...bah, died three times last night trying to get it but no luck.

finally, i am nearing my AF quests too. now this will be a toughie and it would take considerable time to get them. bah, nice for SE to really make it hard for individuals to complete their AF...

see you guys online...

Comment

Haha, watching the linkshell fill up last night after the update was a joy to behold. I got a bit pissed off with my party though, lv 10 war without a subjob telling me... >ME< when to voke FFS! ft:

So I logged, but I hope to hit lv 15 tonight, I'm sure it's possible to get THF to 15... See you tonight. When I do manage to get THF to 15 I've got this weekend of farming to look forward to(as well as setting up Sdubs new pc we're picking up this weekend). I need 50-70K for my level 30 armor upgrade (a paladin is only as good as his armor)

From somewhere next week we'll either be online together as 2 new characters or, if we can work out how we'll be online together as Sturn and Akasha.

Comment

Hi all, I went through which pictures I had on FFXI, cant remember if I have posted them before but here are some anyway.

Comment

Looks like no FFXI for us today, about 4 to 5 more hours untill its back on I think.

Comment

yup dam square doing half assed jobs =/ shoulda tested the new update properly before releasing it. ft:

Comment

they're doing us a favour. Just think of all the fulfilling things we could be doing with our lives right now... like... erm... hold on a second...

Comment

Galka in a subligar and harness, just for Chief ^^

Uber-sword

Just missed the boat!

Comment

Sdub got her new PC yesterday (AMD 2500+ XP, 1.8 Ghz - 512 mb DDR RAM, Gefore FX5200 128Mb, 15" TFT - better than mine ft: ) And I manged to share the internet connection. All we need to do now is wait for our second copy of FFXI to arrive so we can start playing together. We won't be deleting our old characters, in case me or her don't feel like playing. Going to investigate now if it's possible to transfer characters to a different account. If it is, we will play as Sturn/Akasha, if not we'll start anew (on Seraph) as a female Taru WHM and male Elvaan WAR (as yet unnamed).

Edit/update: Done the research. We'll have to start from scratch I'm afraid. The trick is in the Playonline ID. One can only obtain 1 Playonline ID per registration code. Player characters cannot be transferred from one playonline ID to another (according to manual, top of page 8, Addendum: Playonline ID) also, you cannot use the same Playonline ID on two machines at the same time (so just installing thr game again on sdubs pc and both logging on using the same account is equally impossible). No matter, with our experience and your help we'll be up and running in no time.

Comment

why not keep one high level character you have now instead of both of you starting from scratch? i know it could be one of those partner thingy, where both would start together for the sake of being together both in real and game life, its just wouldn't make sense to just ignore all the hard work that both of you have done on those two characters.

when your new copy of FFXI arrives, i think at least one of you should carry on with the old character you've got now, and the other start anew. you will have two Playonline accounts, and each one will have chracters for both of you. the old account should carry on with the old chars while the new account will create a new one. i think there would be no problem with this and you will only be sharing the broadband connection for both PC and still be able to play at the same time(easily solved using a router).

most members of the LS are still pretty much in the 10s or 20s but still that new character can quickly catch up with the help of the other high lvl char you've got now....and of course the others can also help with the mission...(i for one is looking forward to helping the LS mems in getting rank 4).

up to you guys...but over 2 months working on the old chars you had and then just delete them? hmmm...i guess keep the pld...

Comment

More pictures from Vanadiel.

Pugil layed the smack down on me

View from the dead

Thats my new armour for my bard job, after lvling 5 times in one day, now a lvl 17 bard, i have about 6 new song scrolls to buy and some more armour and weapons I need more gil.

Comment

Working...
                                X