Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you all remember that tomorrow at 7pm we're all meeting at the south san d'oria auction house to do the eco-warrior quest, right? . Should be good if we can get near full attendance

Comment

See you there Halfpint

Comment

I reckon there be a lot of pics coming later on (the Linkshells escape from Ordelle's cave was hilarious ^^) but thought I'd get in early with a pic of my own.

Yes, it's a vanity pic, but it shows that I am now officially a Ninja. Mobs across Vana Diel will fear my presence

Comment

Working screenshot blow-out time!

Me and the Galka in a subligar and harness:

Invisible Moogle!

Me and Wedge levelling in Valkurm ^^

What's so funny?

Mithra Lesbians! w00t!

Funny story with this - I saw this character and thought he looked hilarious; took a screenshot of him. Then he started talking to me and after a while he told me he was Toxicforce's new farming character! . Major coincidence

Me, Tox, and sdub and Marvelon's new characters Mihki and Mahlory

And us all waving together

Bumped into Chief in Windurst and thought we'd take a bit of time out

The Eco-Warrior Alliance having a picnic before the battle.

Travelling through the cave.

And again.

Resting...

And again .

Waiting around for slow members...

.........(and again).

Nice, squashed up pic of all 18 players

Chasing Wedgemoon for fun

The Necroplasm! Kill it!

And a cure to end it all, how nice .

The Quest went pretty well considering; I disconnected right before we were about to fight it and lost the cream thing, so had to go all the way back to the beginning of the cave to get it again . But I'm proud of my alliance-making skills, and 18 player battles is just pretty damn cool .

Comment

But I'm proud of my alliance-making skills, and 18 player battles is just pretty damn cool .
            Yep. Last night's 'Eco-Warrior Alliance' (nice choice of name Halfpint ) quest was great fun. Even if there were a few delays and a mad dash for the exit afterwards .

I was going to post some images too, but since Halfpint already has, I won't bother for now (since I can't remember the details of my webhost). But, at some point, I'll post how dumb I now look as a monk, compared to how I used to look as a warrior during the quest (I'm in a couple of Halfpint's photos).

Comment

I totally agree with Van and Halfpint. The Eco-warrior event yesterday was brilliant. I'll post some of my pics this evening. Really looking forward to the next linkshell-wide event.

Aegen: We are keeping both our high-level characters (in case one of us doesn't feel like playing) but we will be catching up quick. Nyoneme (thanks buddy!) helped us already with San D'Oria mission 1 and our new characters (Mihki and Mahlory - NBK!) are already at level 8 (we are constantly partied together so we have the exact same amount of exp)

For me personally though the event for yesterday was Sarah proposing to me online! (she gave me this: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?fitem=756 )

Of course all linkshell members (and others who'll be able to be there) are invited to the online wedding We're not planning the real life thing for another while yet, but we'll let you know as and when (i'm guessing 2006 :P)

Comment

YAY Mithra Lesbians.

This game just keeps giving and giving

However, my attempts to gain the attention of the sexy, ninja, Mithra receptionist in Neptune's Spire in Jeuno are failing so far

Comment

Im both Happy and sad

1) i was 15 mins late after saying was going for something to eat and missed the eco warrior quest

2) and Marevlon's/Akasha engagement, which first left all online as 'What the hell', then 'I'm confused, did she just say what i thought she said' and then finally followed by 'Congratulations' and much animated 'Cheering'

Comment

I thought it was well cool. Akasha typed "everyone stop what they're doing" and the typed "will you marry me" so I looked at my screen in disbelief (thinking she meant in-game) and then I looked over at her (she was sitting right next to me) and she was shaking... Then I replied yes (in linkshell speak) and we hugged

Can't wait for the whole wedding thing to be implemented in the US version. The real wedding will have to wait a bit longer (we need to save up/plan the whole thing etc.)

Comment

Ok, I said I'd add some images eventually, so here they are:

Ok, I said I'd add some images eventually, so here they are:

Wedge, Sturn and myself resting while Halfpint and a few others gather members for the alliance:

A brief stop outside Ordelle's Caves, while a few members caught up with everyone else:

OUCH!!! (Not really sure what happened here ):

The boss of the quest (ugly too):

Me after the quest, wearing my old warrior armour:

And this, finally, is the new me, as a monk (and this outfit sucks compared to the warrior armour):

Ok, these images might not be as good as other people's, but I wanted to add a few anyway.

Comment

i also can't see them.

Comment

That may have been the geekiest proposal ever.. maybe this could be a new thread?

Comment

Ok,

I've reposted the images using a different webhost. So, hopefully, they'll work this time.

Can anyone let me know if they CAN'T see them?

Thank you.

Comment

Flavour fo the month coming up. For comparative purposes, here is the "proper ponce" in full glory!:

"ooh, ducky!"

Galka + Subligars = teh ghey. But gayer than the Chief?

Couldn't resist the opportunitiy for a quick pose with an unsuspecting galka (in subligars, natch)

And the obligatory vanity shot

i've got more but can't be bothered to snatch them off playonline right now. The NTSC-uk linkshell is really flying though, with a really large solid memberbase of people who are regularly in vana'diel. Kind of makes me feel sorry for those that didn't quite find the community spirit at first and gave up on the game early on. There certainly is a cracking community now - especially amongst us.

And on a final note, congratulations again to Marvelon and Sdub, Sturn and Akasha, Mihki and Mahlory or whatever aliases you feel like taking on at the moment . I honestly cannot get enough of your story and I'm just annoyed that I missed it!

Comment

i've got more but can't be bothered to snatch them off playonline right now. The NTSC-uk linkshell is really flying though, with a really large solid memberbase of people who are regularly in vana'diel. Kind of makes me feel sorry for those that didn't quite find the community spirit at first and gave up on the game early on. There certainly is a cracking community now - especially amongst us.
                                That is something i agree with wholeheartedly. Perhaps the Linkshell took a while longer to take off than maybe it should have but I think the first couple of months were simply needed for people to find 'themselves' within the game and now people are more comfortable are more willing to talk **** on the LS or whatever.

Everyone there is always a laugh and whetherwe are screwing around or being more serious I'm always glad to be a part of it. I would say that being in a LS makes the game a much fuller experience but also proves helpful in playing as well. Tonight saw Halfpint impart his fishing wisdom to all who would listen helping LS members develop that craft, and many members helped me in acquiring the fabled Utsusemi: Ichi ninjitsu scroll by sending me Zinc Ore needed to build my Tenshodo Fame.

Comment

Working...
                                X