Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AV was beaten twice on our server by BTL and they got the biggest loot pools of all AV kills -.- how ever AV was then patched and hasnt been killed since; he was first killed with the wall exploit, which was then fixed and then the glitch. The glitch involved killing his 4 adds with the same spell at the same time which occasionally "locked" his JAs, 2 Hours and Spells making him into a giant doll which was then killed. Galleon managed to lock 2 out of 3 once, but it wasnt a perfect glitch and he owned us hard

btw does anyone still use the US version of FFXI like me, dunno where to get my hands on a version of WotG
    Last edited by Bayan; 05-02-2008, 22:20.

Comment

Gamestop should still have it.

Nice to hear from you btw Bayan, been a while

Edit: On Backorder I see, probably best bet is try Ebay.

Comment

playasia

Comment

yeah i checked that out, but its showing a "Back Ordered" status :S ive just started playing again after a 6 month break, so look me up ingame sometime ^^

Comment

woot! playasia ftw <333

Comment

Hit a new Blade: Jin record last night. Shame I don’t run FRAPs otherwise I would have captured it. 1402 against a Sea Puk at Mamool Ja Staging Point. This was without a BRD but I did have Berserk up and judging by the TP return, Double Attack kicked in twice (thank you Brutal Earring). Must have criticaled a good number of hits too.

Overall, enjoyed meriting last night. I don’t merit often but need to put the effort in for these STR merits. Started off with a decent party (setup was WAR/sam, SAM, NIN, DNC, RDM, THF) and netted 1 merit in about an hour before a few people had to disband. Me and SAM stayed, WAR changed to SMN and we invited another SAM, BRD and Tobal as COR. Was pretty awesome from then on, the kind of party where there were times I’d Provoke a mob, and it would be dead and onto the next one before Provoke timer was ready. Top stuff! 3/9 on level 3 STR now and hopefully get some more in this evening.

Think I’m going to focus on merits for the meantime before going back to RNG. Top off STR then use the 8 remaining combat skill merits on a combination of Archery and Marksmanship.

Comment

I still need to bank a lot of merit points, my current target is competing the RDM group 1s.

At the moment I'm

Wind (3/3) max is 5 I know
                Ice (2/3)
                Convert (2/4)

so 100k to go to bank the last ones then it's onto elemental magic before taking BLM up further.

Think after that one I'll finish my other category (2/4) on both interupt and crit down at the moment.

So looking at the its just 100k + 180k + 140k = 420k needed >.<. Meritting never!

Comment

Another 4 merits taking me up to 7/9 to level 3 STR. If all my parties are as good as the ones of the last few evenings, I’ll have level 5 STR knocked off quite quickly.

Last night was party of mostly TheIrreplaceable members and we got 4 merits in 2 hours with a BRD, MNK, NIN, RDM, THF and WAR/nin. We were on the middle floor of Nyzul Isle camp. We actually lost chain up at around 80 because there was nothing to pull we killed so fast. Hopefully I’ll be well on my way to level 4 by the end of the weekend.

Comment

Gah, just agreed to do a website for a mate this weekend and it's a biggie so no gaming for me of any kind this weekend. Why can't I simply say "no" to people?

CoP the weekend after though for sure.

Comment

Not had chance to watch this as I'm at work, but apparently this is the fabled Square-Enix video of Absolute Virtue being beaten:

Comment

Watched it, nothing really special. Ive even read the idea on how to defeat him before and it seems to be right. Kinda like killing the DL you just have to default the 3 mobs at the same time.

Nice watch thou, interseting watching them use the 2hours at the same time as AV, maybe as he 2hours so many of the people in the party have to as well. Or certain 2hours depending on teh one he uses.
                        Last edited by djtickle; 13-02-2008, 10:26.

Comment

Haha, that video is plain BS. AV uses Manafont/Chainspell and takes Mages a full 3 seconds to react. Whenever AV uses a JA players 2hrs and other JA's are reset, like hell it's always been that way though, someone would have noticed. Dev team should fess up and admit they just added it.

Comment

My LS on Odin is planning an AV day on friday, hopefully someone will figure something out before then so we don't waste our 17 JoL sets :S The video doesn't help too much, but if SE are saying that everyone using their 2h once AV uses his one is the key then I'm sure something will work out when people try it. Apparently the Paladin in the English video uses invincible and then in another scene, worked out at being 16 minutes later using the game clock, he uses it again. I always figured 2h's would be reset with some form of mob ability, like those Goblin Dice abilities that reset recasts on abilities or from Corsair 2h, which they aren't showing us. Hope this becomes killable cause I'm up for Mars' ring and the Love torque from JoL which our LS doesn't want to fight yet

Comment

Yo guys, tobala got me thinking about sortin a 360 pad out for my PC. I know you can pickup teh wireless adapter for the PC just woundering if you can map the pad to be the same as the 360?

Wasnt there some kind of 3rd party tool that let u do it?

cheers

dj

Comment

It's been ages since I tried using a 360 pad to play this game (I just couldn't get around macros quick enough) but I remember there was an issue with the triggers/bumpers with the official drivers.

However, I believe talizker had a link to unofficial drivers that resolved the problem. Maybe send him a PM if he doesn't see this.

Comment

Working...
                                X