Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got that lot minus the bloodbead, went to get ToD yesterday but will leve it a while till people lose the Tod again. Had the resentment cape NM ToD as well but maint has stolen that, Intruder should be easy picked it up a while ago and got 5 for the LS.

Comment

1/4 Think maybe im 1st person on our server to get

0/1 on the other half of the set. Hopfully will pick that up soon to.

Edit

Moliones's Ring Rare
      [Ring] All Races
      STR: +4
      Set: Increases Accuracy
      Enhances "Souleater" effect
      Lv. 70 All Jobs

Mine! 1/3 Rumor has it that its ACC+10 with both equiped. Awsome.
      Last edited by djtickle; 15-03-2008, 12:16.

Comment

Congrats on those

Cool to get stuff early, especially if you get them to drop as opposed to off the AH. Me and Lutann have been trying to get the Thunderer's Mantle with no joy even getting the NM to pop yet

However, I just read this morning that the accuracy bonus on your gear is +4, not +10

This weekend I actually spent a lot of time in the WotG zones for the first time. Not massively impressed overall until I got to Vunkerl Inlet [S]. That zone just looks amazing and was a lot of fun to just explore. Even found the Gigas' camp with Pallas roaming about but decided to leave.

Got all but the Jugner Forest Cavernous Maw sorted now and still need the Recall-Jugner telepoint but almost all sorted for stuff. Also, still need the Grauberg map. Spent a while looking around The Eldieme Necropolis [S] but couldn't find the third and final piece. Currently signed up as a member of the Cobra Unit (Snakes on the Plains lol) but after traveling to San d'Oria to be offered the chance to switch allegiance, I;ve decided I;m going back to Bastok and sign up there as the Fourth Division Rare/EX gear is the stuff NIN can use.

Also, has anyone noticed the NPC mandragoras in the [S] zones that are entranced by a weird light? Found 2 so far (Batallia Downs [S] and Garlaige Citadel [S]) and clicking on them gives me a message about "Your memory is engraved with an image of your surroundings and the fragrance of flowers..." but nothing else. Must be something to them.
        Last edited by C'; 17-03-2008, 07:16.

Comment

Think I'm going to spend a bit of time sorting my past telepoints etc. Mostly ignored it previously as nothing was there. Farmed some NMs last night with Fission he got the scythe DJ dropped but we couldn't get another or any rings to drop.

0/3 now on RSE Earring ENM and Brothers is being no kinder, to date we've got a dragon bone, eltoro leather and a Raise III ><;;

On th upside though last week I got my Hrotti, next should be aegishjalmar and keeping an eye on the bloodbea NM. Hoping to get one this time round!

Comment

Found this post on BG about the Mandragoras:

Turns out I've missed one in North Gustaberg [S] but basically once you activate them in the past you can use the points on the map to takes shortcuts. The Batallia Downs one gets you up the cliff that normally you need to go through Glacier, North Gustaberg gets you up the cliff to Port Bastok entrance and (this is the good one) Garlaige Citadel gets you behind Banishing Gate 2. No more needing 4 people to go coffer hunting there now .

Comment

Also is there a reason why when I try Campaing battles in most zones I'm like the only person there whereas I went to Jugner Forst [S] and was lagged out the zone was so full?

Comment

Nice info Rare cheers, will sort some of that.

Notice we have maint again tonight, there goes all the ToDs we were farming yet again.

Comment

Yeah i find that too, some zones are packed and some zones are just empty. I still think alot of people have not yet got the expansion.

Another weekend and yet still genbu doesnt drop Zmitts for out LS meh. Dara picked up Zlegs from suzy thou.

Aye been readin more tests on the new ring and scythe and reports are +4 and +5 but it still by far out does Perdu +Sniper/Flame so its all good. I think maybe SE did it cause many jobs can use Perdu.

Me, tobal and a few others went and killed a new NM for some drk/blm/sch gloves with MAB+5 on but we went 1/1 on the trigger but sadly no drop all good fun thou.

Cheers for the mandy tip gonna get that sorted out, will help out loads. Also the new nation quests seem very cool, only done the bastok ones so far but they are pretty pimp CSs with a nice BC fight that I managed to solo on nin, was great fun.

Comment

Got the Clockwork Egg this morning (new Bastokan furnishing from event). Really cool as the time updates in real time with the in game clock. Hopfully I can get the Melodious Egg and Hatchling Egg before the event is over.

Comment

Typically while I was away we claimed faf twice and dropped Aegishjalmar's and pumps that went free ><

My timing really does suck!

Comment

Thanks to Rep getting people's arses into gear, cleared Apocalypse Nigh last night (awesome, awesome cut scenes) leaving me with just Aht Urghan to go. Need to head to Norg this evening and pick my reward and really not sure what to choose. Divine Might was such an easy choice but nothing is leaping out at me.

Not being at all mage-inclined right now rules out Magnetic Earring and Static Earring.

Ethereal Earring will allow me to sell my Elusive Earring (not keeping Eva+1 purely for 60 cap events), Attack+5 can be used in WS macro and it may even be a decent earring for NIN/DRK tanking.

Hollow Earring will also be an acceptable WS earring (Accuracy bonus and DEX Jin modifier) but also should I ever get RNG to 72.

Comment

Just thought id let you know the dodgy **** on FF still seems to be going about. I logged in to FF this morning to be told my CC is gonna expire i was like wtf im sure its not. Checked it and it wasnt even my details. So Changed them back and also changed my password.

Logged in to find im missing multiple things...

450k Gil
                          Osode
                          SH
                          Flame Ring

Few other things but nothin as major as the above. So all in all after having a great day going 3/3 on Ares body and droping another Moli Scythe to sell makin me 5/12 on Ignots its all turned to ****.

Lucky i guess as i have some gil on maria and my ignots are also on her as ive been using her to sell everything ive got and that it looks like ive got on in time for my password or server be changed.

Spoken to SE and they advised me to contact a GM who said he would look into it, only for me to get a message back saying that they cant do anything about it.

whoop de ****in woo.
                          Last edited by djtickle; 20-03-2008, 08:38.

Comment

**** MAN! That is awful news. I'm really, really very sorry.

I don't wish to downplay what's happened to you as I know it must feel awful but compared to some of the horror stories I've read you've come off quite lightly (still sickening though). Only the Osode is anywhere close to be being difficult to replace and you guys seem to kill Kirin with regularity so hopefully you can get back relateively soon. And like you say, at least you got back into your account before they did any other damage like changing password or server transfer.

I've posted about this issue a few months ago and if it happened to me, I really doubt I'd continue on if they sold off most of the gear I've accumulated over the years. I've been cursing out the RMT arseholes for years but there current tactics of hacking accounts is the lowest they've ever gone.

What Internet browser software are you using? Thankfully Vanicent convinced me to dump Internet Explorer years ago and I switched to Opera and Moot went over to Firefox when this started happening. Also, what sites have you been frequenting? I totally avoid all FF-related sites on my main computer now and only browse such on my Dad's computer or at work, neither of which I use to log into POL.

Also, do you have RealPlayer installed? I believe that the install hackings came about due to an exploit in that software when used with IE. I think it was patched but it's a crap media player anyway so I got rid.

Also (and I hate to ask this) does anyone else in game have your log in details? It's just so odd that they haven't changed your log in details when that is the normal MO for account hackings.

Ugh, just reading your post makes me really worry that it can happen to anyone
                            Last edited by C'; 20-03-2008, 09:10.

Comment

Ty rare.

I was geared as rdm and only had a few ninja bits on me that i couldnt fit into the mog. Looks like from what i can tell atm they just taken things out of my items and thats it. I have the feeling it was happening at the time i logged in e.g CC details changed etc.

I use firefox on my PC but on my laptop i have Vista and only IE as its really the GFs for uni.

I always use FFXI ah, KI, Wiki and Alla so it could be from any of them. Not been anywhere near somepage after all the stuff i heard about that. It is a massive kick in the balls but like you say i have seemd to have gotten off light.

Comment

They can't do anything? That's ****e.

Would be so easy for them to check logs and replace your missing gear? Surely?

Having your character invaded is one thing, but random people having access to your payment details is quite another.

Nice to see SE as helpful as ever, customer service always was grade-****ing-A when dealing with my constant payment issue that went on for over a year.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 20-03-2008, 09:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X