This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
    Be careful with mog house effects as well, mog enhancement fishing does not increase catch rates it increases item catch rates. Its efect is different to moglification fishing which is via guild items also.
    This is so annoying and only useful for 1 quest I can think of (ninja scrolls for armour) There surely should be a mogenhancement that actually helps you catch fish.

Yellow globes were great for me from qufim to synth into poison dust then poison potions to sell or turn into arrows or bolts plus if youre very bored catch the elementals there too to do the poison dust synth absolutely free

Comment

it was very useful for turning rusty items in to sellable npc item for profits until SE marked them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        Part of the reason WoW is so successful other than it being based on a VERY highly regarded franchise is because it's so much more accessible than other examples on the market, without entering "My God this is so easy I literally could powerlevel in my sleep" territory.
        I missed this somehow... things aren't quite that easy on the whole, and I think Dara that your lack of luck in FFXI would definately carry over into WoW, for me it's my lack of patience with other people that defies me any PvE endgame content. I could foresee this when I started the game which is why I was so eager for some of you lot to join me.

Like my own custom party forming habits from FFXI I had my own 150+ member guild at one point when I was still interested in PvE, knowing it would be impossible for me to slot into an already up and running 'clique' with a load of annoying twats that didn't function as oiled as it should. I used to love waiting longer than necessary on FFXI finding all the right members for a super-efficient exp grind, rather than joining something that could potentially waste me an hour, plus the time in lost exp, plus all the moaning I'd do about how **** the party was >< . Even then it was just too much work - people who I liked socially just couldn't play, or gear up, for ****, and then it came down to choosing and organising runs and leaving people out which just isn't in me at all. The more capable players would lose patience long before I would and then seek already performing raid guilds, leaving me with a load of numpties - and more and more joining up ready to either get trained up for raids and eventually leave, or just suck badly forever whilst using the guild for social chit-chat. F**k that.

Such a shame, I read some of the boss strategies and my mouth waters, not thinking about the super-elite epic drops that suit PvP perfectly, drops that I'll never lay my hands on.

Comment

Finally!

Good to see that they've not dragged this out any longer and they are basically filling in all the blanks so far with full Relic sets (including the Dreamworld back/waist item), Artefact+1 and Relic+1.

Whilst it doesn't affect me directly I do feel that players of the above jobs can be a little aggrieved after years of S-E saying they didn't want to implement them in the standard way as it wouldn't make sense plot-wise (i.e. the fact that the Hydra Corps never had any BLU/COR/PUP in their ranks) and for them to finally say

When considering how to best introduce this equipment, the development team weighed many options, including the possibility of entirely original methods. In the end, however, the decision was made that such means would be largely unfair by rendering only players with these jobs capable of accessing new game content. Therefore, all of the above items will be procured in the same way as their predecessors, namely via exploits in the Dynamis and Limbus areas.
          which is what the players' response largely was when this issue was brought up in the past.

Also, I think I will restart Limbus now and find a shell. 60k a week was a little too much with my limited playtime and trying to fund RNG.

Any predictions on the names of the new relic sets? I'm thinking the BLU will be Immortal gear, COR will be Pirate's gear but not sure about PUP. Maybe Performer's or something like that?

Also, I wonder if 3 new demon NMs will be added to Dynamis- Xarcabard? Technically, they should do in the interests of fairness.

Next I think S-E needs to get around adding DNC and SCH to the Salvage sets. The 2 mage sets only have 3 jobs each (compared to the 4 on the melee sets) so it would be nicely balanced if DNC got put onto Marduk's (for the CHR boosts) and SCH onto Morrigan's.
          Last edited by C'; 04-08-2008, 19:16.

Comment

Good news on the Cosmo Cleanse, don't give two ****s about the rest of the crap tho lol, got neither the time nor the patience for dynamis right now - I think my experience in Dynabore has put me off for life

Comment

Gives me a reason to go back to limbus and dynamis now. Recently finished Cor merits grp1 10/10 and grp2 10/10 and brought a corsair gun+1.

As for gear, SE have mention SKY gear will be getting an update in sept as off the last interview they gave, even if its not doing anything to the stats i hope at least the main God set is "all jobs" or at least include a couple of the new jobs that can wear it cor/blu/pup/dnc/sch(if brd,bst and rng get to wear it all, it should be set to all jobs).

Comment

god gear is never gonna get set to all jobs. Byakko's haidate on a THF? O_o

Comment

Bye bye, Taisai!!!

Only came on this weekend to help a friend with CoP Diabolos and went as RNG. No D2 meant I had to walk back so headed through Ranguemont Pass and just on a whim brought up widescan and almost wet myself in excitement when I saw Taisaijin in the list. Lutann job changed to THF and headed out and we went to work taking it out. Harder than we expected (a few ga spells landed) but we got the kill. No Spelunker's Hat but cool title obtained

Comment

I'm out of the FFXI loop so this may be old news but I just read this via 1up about a Seraph LS taking on Pandemonium Warden.

18 hours with no result O.o

Comment

Well there was a result we know Pandemonium Warden takes about a day to kill and costs about 30 - 40k xp per player

So when you getting back online Tal you lazy ass, you and your real life eh?

Comment

yes tal, your ass is needed.

Comment

Hear that Tal your ass is needed by Rush

In other news my lotting luck is still tip top, I've lost every competed lot in SoU and last night I managed the top one so far losing a Dalmatica by rolling 100 against a 300. So far I've lost...

Dalmatica
                          Seveneyes
                          2 x Algol
                          Koenig Legs
                          Crimson Mask
                          Zenith Mitts (though have now)
                          and something else that escapes me right now

I need some HAX!
                          Last edited by Tsingtao; 15-08-2008, 07:20.

Comment

Talk to Tickle, he seems to know all about the hax.

Not only that, but I don't anyone more jammier than he is

Comment

lol im not gettin any luck at the moment on drops never mind lotting

Bloody 35 Morrigans Body part seems to still contiune not to exsist cause im next up

Cleared our 2nd wing of einerjar thou this week with 4mins spare! We going again tonite so hopfully feather number 3 otw! What i find funny is thou you can take the same amount of people along to this as you can a king and within 30mins come out with Abjs. I really dont see the point in campin kings anymore for hours on end unless you were ever going to be up for a Ridil or Hauti. Even then those weapons might get added to the new wings that i expect they will open in September along with those damm Wlegs from Kirin.
                              Last edited by djtickle; 15-08-2008, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
                                I'm out of the FFXI loop so this may be old news but I just read this via 1up about a Seraph LS taking on Pandemonium Warden.

18 hours with no result O.o
                                Haha! That's mental.

Comment

Working...
                                X