This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razz
    Yeah anything over a Geforce 2 can play this game. When I was using my PC for it, I had a Geforce 4 MX 128MB, with 2.8GHZ p4, 512MB RAM, it worked fine, altho I had to turn down details :/

If you can get yourself a Ti4200 or above you should have an enjoyable experience on high resolution.

Also if you can, use you a PS2-like pad for it, you'll start to get arthritis on your right hand with the keyboard :P have fun
    hi,

thanks razz. well i actually purchased a geforce 4 ti4200 just recently on ebay so that part is sorted. i tweaked my CPU a bit and managed to up its speed to 1.6Ghz, i did not overclocked it, i only found out that it is capable of that speed and i have been using it on 1.3Ghz..dooh! just ordered FFXI today, hopefully i get it by next week.

as for the PS2-like pad, what would you recommend? i just want a cheap one as i don't use my PC a lot for gaming, i only want to play FFXI as i am a huge FF fan. but i won't buy a PS2 for the game, not without prog scan or VGA video support.

cheers!

Comment

personally I'd recommend a PS2>USB adaptorr and a PS2 pad.

Lik-sang or some import site should supply them. Or Ebay.

Comment

Arrgh. I finally got all my hardware and my copy of the game but I can't install the damn thing.

Basically, at the point where it says 'Insert Disk 2' it would always go wrong. When I ejected CD 1 a Windows message box would appear saying no CD present. Then when I put CD 2 in, I'd get another message telling me that I had the 'Incorrect Volume' inserterted into the CD drive.

Any ideas?

Comment

Square are aware of a problem recommending that you either try another CD drive if you have one or copy the contents of the CD's to a temp location on your HDD and install from there.

Comment

I got around it by just ignoring the Windows message that popped up, dragging it to the bottom and clicking OK on the 'Please Insert Disk 2' box.

I'm loving the game, managed to reach level 2 by killing a few Bees and stuff. Still no sign og money though...

Comment

Okay, I'm now on Seraph. Were abouts in the world is everybody else? I'm an Male Elvaan Warrior in San'Doria named FeiFongWong. We should cerainly try and get a NTSC-UK linkshell working.

Comment

A linkshell costs 8k. What I suggest is doing a few low level quests, such as rabbit hides etc for some good gil.

BTW you're only level 2, don't expect to rake in the thousands of thousands of gil just yet :P

Comment

Well, put 4 hours in today and whilst am getting a bit fed up of having to fight the same, rabbits, hares, worms etc. over and again, I think overall I'm enjoying my experience. Completed 1 mission and a few quests and starting to build up some good dagger and sword skills. My brother wants to carry on with his character. Don't want to let him play though. More time for me.

Anyway, I'm on Seraph and I'm a male Hume Thief by the name of Rarehero currently wearing a rather fetching tilted cap and, it seems, no trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Razz
                    personally I'd recommend a PS2>USB adaptorr and a PS2 pad.

Lik-sang or some import site should supply them. Or Ebay.
                    hi,

razz, i see what u mean, a USB interface for a PS2 controller. however i have an Xbox controller USB adapter, do you think i have enough buttons on my Xbox controller to map some functions from the keyboard? does the analogue control on DualShock2 works on FFXI?

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                      Well, put 4 hours in today and whilst am getting a bit fed up of having to fight the same, rabbits, hares, worms etc. over and again, I think overall I'm enjoying my experience. Completed 1 mission and a few quests and starting to build up some good dagger and sword skills. My brother wants to carry on with his character. Don't want to let him play though. More time for me.

Anyway, I'm on Seraph and I'm a male Hume Thief by the name of Rarehero currently wearing a rather fetching tilted cap and, it seems, no trousers
                      Get used to the worms and rabbits dude, I had to fight so many of those things and still do in other areas.

I worked it out last night that my total game time on it is over 80 hours and im only a lvl 15 red mage, it is not a game where u can level real fast but that is good in a way, this is a game which is meant to be played for months and months so get ready for the long ride.

Comment

Pungee, what is your characters name? What server are you on and what town did you start in?

Comment

Right - I have made a list of everyone who has said they are on the Seraph Server:

Rarehero (C')
                          FeiFongWong (Fei Fong Wong)
                          Jeaupan (Beelzebot)
                          Reusedant (Bleeders)
                          Wedgemoon (Mikewl)

and then there is:
                          Knuffel (Sdub) and
                          Marvelon (Marvelon)

Did I miss anyone?

Comment

Yes....

Treble

I looked for Rarehero, Wedgemoon, Knuffel and Marvelon names last night on Seraph and found none. Was it that there really were none of you on, or was I using Search wrong? This was in San d'Oria.

Anyway, It's looking like it'll be a while til I'm on, as I'm having lots of PC problems.

Comment

So far I have spoken to a few of you on FFXI, its a shame in a way we didnt all start at the same time, its not really effective to be in a party with big variations in levels.

It would still be good to meet in it.

I have got some of you on my friends list - Marvelon - Fei Fong Wong and I think another.

Comment

Originally posted by Sdub
                                Right - I have made a list of everyone who has said they are on the Seraph Server:

Rarehero (C')
                                FeiFongWong (Fei Fong Wong)
                                Jeaupan (Beelzebot)
                                Reusedant (Bleeders)
                                Wedgemoon (Mikewl)

and then there is:
                                Knuffel (Sdub) and
                                Marvelon (Marvelon)
                                I've added or invited everybody on Sdub's list to be on my POL friends list. Hopefully I'll see you all about soon.

After starting yesterday I'm now a lv 7 warrior but I'm still struggling to get any sort of gil together. Anyone know of the best ways to do this early on. I'm in desperate need of upgrading my weapons and armour!

Comment

Working...
                                X