Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I resumed where I left off previously on the game (played seriously 3 years ago with occasional visits since), after some issues with getting it to run on the 360.

I am on Phoenix and am surprised at how many new players there are... and I don't mean characters with meaningless names and no kit which are presumably mules.

I found a different Linkshell (still have the old one though) which seems to be growing steadily. Most people have a Pearlsack. I seem to end up in Gusgen pretty much every day trying to get a Magicked Skull for someone wanting their support job.

I risked the past twice (only a lvl 41 WHM) to unlock DNC and SCH. Managed to end up in Batallia on my first visit which made life easier. SCH was my last job unlock. I now need to decide which job(s) I want to pursue (seems too many WHM's in the Linkshell). I would like to get WHM to Lvl 50 though.

I seem to get cash issues. Having purchased Cure IV (from an NPC) and getting a new puppet frame (Mage) at lvl 20 did me no favours.

Comment

It seems as though the majority of WHMs have migrated to Phoenix!

Financing yourself is a job but a rewarding one atleast.

Comment

I've set an /lsmes but thought I'd post here too and check for interest.

I've changed my allegiance to Windurst to work on my final rank 10. If anyone else is interested in joining me to work through the missions, the more the merrier (I think Tobal mentioned a couple of weeks ago he may be up for it). I don't think we'd need a full party for the missions. 3-4 people should be sufficient (I did the majority of the Bastok mission line as a duo with Rep).

If anyone is interested I recommend you nation change this week (prior to Sunday's conquest tally) as Windurst currently sit third in Conquest and therefore it only costs 4k to join them.

Once this is done I can get back to my San d'Oria home and hopefully my full set of OP warps will be intact.

Comment

OH ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (07/03/2009)

A host of job adjustments and additions are in the pipes for the upcoming version update, including formidable new abilities for ninjas. Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities. In this, the first part in the job adjustment series of articles, we cast the spotlight on ninjas, Vana'diel's agents of stealth and deception.

New Job Abilities

Accomplished in both offense and defense, the art of ninjutsu has over the years proven to be a favorite among adventurers across the land. Now, with the addition of the following two new abilities, ninjas can further enhance either their efficiency in offense or aptitude in defense as befits the situation.

Yonin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
          Increases enmity and enhances "ninja tool expertise" effect, but impairs accuracy. Grants a bonus to evasion and critical hit rate when in front of target.

Innin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
          Reduces enmity and impairs evasion. Grants a bonus to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking target from behind.

Yonin
          Strengthens one's ability to fend off blows from the enemy.
          While in effect, Yonin increases enmity and enhances the effect of "ninja tool expertise" in exchange for reduced accuracy. Further bonuses are granted to evasion and critical hit rate when engaging your target from the front.
          The potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

Innin
          Strengthens one's ability to deal damage to the enemy.
          While in effect, Innin lowers enmity in exchange for reduced evasion. Further bonuses are granted to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking your target from behind.
          As with Yonin, the potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

Notes
          The effects of both Yonin and Innin are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
          Yonin and Innin have a shared ability delay. For example, a ninja who uses Yonin must wait for five minutes to elapse before either ability becomes usable again.

In implementing these new abilities, the development team has taken into consideration character positioning during party play and many other factors. To ensure a smooth gaming experience for all, testing and adjustments will be carried out to the fullest extent that time permits.

Mijin Gakure

Up until now, ninjas who were revived after using the job ability "Mijin Gakure" would find themselves alive and standing, but in a weakened state. The July version update will see self-sacrificing ninjas restored to battle-ready fitness with a generous 50% of HP in the tank.

In light of the above changes, the latent effect granted by the ninja mythic weapon will also be adjusted. In place of the effect whereby users of Mijin Gakure are spared being revived in a weakened state, a special new effect will be introduced that will activate after using Mijin Gakure.

Other magic and job abilities scheduled to be on the receiving end of improvements will be introduced in the very near future, so stay tuned!
          This is gonna be so ****ing awesome! This is EPIC on a scale similar to that of the White Mage changes. I like the fact that the 2 different abilities have provided updates to NIN both as a DD and a tank. Obviously, Yonin is the NIN tanking option. Increased enmity and Evasion at the expense of some accuracy when facing the mob with latent Ninja Tool Expertise effect. Obviously this is the premier tool when on NIN/DRK but I can imagine I'd use this quite a bit when I'm soloing too providing the accuracy hit isn't too large (which they rarely are).

Then we have Innin which plays up to the NIN's DD role offering a string of attack related bonuses when located behind the mob (including much needed accuracy bonus).

The improvement to Mijin Gakure (essentially no weakened state after reviving) makes it a useful tool in battles now as well.

I'm so happy about the sounds of these. Expected very little from S-E if they ever improved NIN but this is totally off the scale.

Also, according to the French translation of the above update, the bonus to critical hit rate on Yonin (the tanking one) is that it reduces the rate of critical hits by monsters on you which makes more sense.

I'm just so excited about this if for no other reason than it was totally unexpected. For months and months whenever the issue of the job got raised by S-E they trotted out the old "NIN is already a powerful job" and I genuinely thought that NIN wouldn't ever see any upgrades of worth. Normally before big updates to a job you get rumours and hints about what we may expect but this has totally come out without any prior knowledge whatsoever and, from the description, sounds pretty damn cool too.

Obviously they could screw it up spectacularly but I'm keeping positive for once.
          Last edited by C'; 03-07-2009, 13:52.

Comment

HAHAHAHA! as soon as I saw that on the homepage i knew you'd be first to comment on it! ill assist on your windy rankup rare!!!!

Comment

Well, until they annonuce the second set of updates, which will be PLD enmi updates

Comment

or give pld blink ... or even worse whms the ability to tank

Comment

NIN updates look good, but i can see problem in merits at least having to stay behind the mob all the time , it hard enough for me to keep lined up for overwhelm. I like that the mythic weapon gives the player no weakness on MG

Comment

Tobal and Rare what windy missions you guys up to?

Comment

I’m currently on the dragon part of mission 2-3 (I went to Bastok first for that mission) and I think Tobal has a couple of missions to clear to catch up which he thinks he should get done today. I’ve set the /lsmes and we aiming to do the dragon tomorrow evening at 8pm. If you do mission 2-3 in the opposite order (i.e. go to San d’Oria first then dragon in Bastok) we’d need to do the dragon battle twice (once at each location).

If we clear this we should be able to solo our way up to 5-1 then regroup there for the 50 cap mission in Fei’Yin. I imagine Wedge and Van can group up with us at that point if they want to progress a little more.

Comment

Sweet! I got rank 2 yesterday so I'm at mission 2-1 atm as well. Ill aim to catch up with you rare, will aim to do the same dragon quest too.
                        Last edited by Kerushi; 06-07-2009, 16:25. Reason: Forgot to mention somethin

Comment

I'm up for some Windy action - the nation missions are worth quite the small fortune...

Should be able to catch up this evening/tomorrow (provided there are no JP 24 hours/week long waits)

Comment

done the setup, spoke to Halver and im ready for the bcnm.

Comment

I was not able to progress very far in 2-3 at all last night! had guests around the house staying the night so my room had to be used for their resting.

I will have my room back tonight and I hope I do not delay the run.

I had just accecpted the mission when the old fogies decided they wanted to sleep. I had to log on the airship bound for jeuno.

I do however know my way around palborough mines quite well and i should be able to do this part of the mission quickly.

Sorry bout that.
                              Last edited by Kerushi; 07-07-2009, 09:07.

Comment

I did a brief lookup of the missions Dara and I didn't see any mention of JST midnight in any of the descriptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X